Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 "You remind me of this guy I know..."

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SpaceMonkey Posted - 03/31/2007 : 2:36:53 PM
Upon meeting the Grey Leader at a show in 2002, the man himself said "man, you remind me of this guy who used to play bass with me..."

I can't tell you all how frustrated I have become being pigeon-holed as "some guy". Despite my best efforts to avoid classification, apparently my personality is completely contrived. What gives? It seems like somebody will inevitably say "you remind me of this guy I know" within 5 minutes of meeting me.

Let me reiterate: what gives?

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ranting Thespian Posted - 04/10/2007 : 01:44:42 AM
Little Steven, that's him in the E-street Band. He also does his own syndicated radio program (not on sattelite radio, the free kind), and he has either 1 hour or 2 hours of what ever he is featuring that week, and he calls the shots. They have a whole section now at Best Buy, it says "as heard on Little Steven's Underground Garage".
Arthen Posted - 04/09/2007 : 5:58:18 PM
"Little Steven" Van Zandt, also known as Miami Steven sometimes, I believe. He's one of the guitarists from Bruce Springsteen and The E-Street Band, along with Nils Lofgren (awesome guitarist). He's also a cast member of The Sopranos, which always makes me laugh.
tericee Posted - 04/09/2007 : 5:18:56 PM
Okay, I'm clueless. Who's Little Steven?
Ranting Thespian Posted - 04/09/2007 : 01:21:10 AM
My mom said to Tim (when me and her saw him in 2001),"you remind me of Little Steven". Tim thanked her, I think he really liked that.
SpaceMonkey Posted - 04/08/2007 : 10:22:05 PM
My initial post is a bit of a tongue-in-cheek rant...there are much worse things that somebody can say about you...just curious why it was a reoccuring theme.
Arthen Posted - 04/02/2007 : 04:38:28 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. Obviously, you share qualities with other people, no surprise, at least that other person is a bassist good enough for TR and not "Oh hey, you remind me of Goebbels or Himmler." It is irrational to think that you are unique. There's seven billion people on Earth, you don't think some of them are going to resemble you in some shape. Take it as a compliment, I always do, and that's how it's given. "You remind me of..." means, "I really like that person and I like the similarities I see in you.
tericee Posted - 04/02/2007 : 02:56:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

It seems like somebody will inevitably say "you remind me of this guy I know" within 5 minutes of meeting me.

If it makes you feel any better I remind people of somebody too. Usually an aunt or cousin. Often somebody named Tracy. Very strange.
dan p. Posted - 03/31/2007 : 5:01:45 PM
my guess? you're generic and boring. but i sort of agree with you. you're probably uncommonly ugly, and that at least should make you stand out. but maybe that's not it. maybe when being around you, people start thinking about others they'd rather be hanging out with, and that invariably brings a more interesting, less grotesque version of you to mind.

wow. that was mean. i'm just kidding, man. i get it a lot, too. except it's usually along the lines of, "you remind me this guy who punched my ten year old in the face."
dirtysloth Posted - 03/31/2007 : 5:00:49 PM
There's this guy I know who has the same problem....

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000