Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Dislocation Blues

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PJK Posted - 03/28/2007 : 3:42:24 PM
For all the Chris Whitley fans here, I am sharing an email I got today that might interest you.

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We've noticed that customers who have expressed interest in music by Chris Whitley & The Bastard Club have also ordered Dislocation Blues by Chris Whitley. For this reason, you might like to know that Dislocation Blues will be released on April 3, 2007. You can pre-order your copy at a savings of $4.01 by following the link below.

Dislocation Blues
Chris Whitley
List Price: $17.98
Price: $13.97
You Save: $4.01 (22%)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000ND91T0/ref=pd_luc_mri/102-8792654-0952107?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

Release Date: April 3, 2007

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PJK Posted - 04/17/2007 : 5:53:43 PM
This has become my music of choice while typing my book reports and papers for school.

Favorite: Twelve Thousand Miles

I know this is bittersweet for those who loved Chris, Fluffy and Robin, but this is such a fine collection of songs, I think its wonderful to leave behind such a gift!
KevinLesko Posted - 04/15/2007 : 4:41:52 PM
I just got the new issue of Rolling Stone in the mail, and in the New CD reviews section, Dislocation Blues is the featured cd in "Fricke's Picks". It's a very nice little paragraph about the cd with a picture of Chris. It was great to see the cd mentioned.
rubylith Posted - 04/11/2007 : 12:07:54 PM
hahaha dude it died half way through, I'll send it tonight.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 04/11/2007 : 09:54:08 AM
Thanks for hooking it up, pal-o-mine.
rubylith Posted - 04/10/2007 : 07:53:54 AM
Yea what a beautiful duet. "Forever in My Life" really hit a chord with me. It's hard to think he had lung cancer and made his voice do those things.
Arthen Posted - 04/09/2007 : 11:24:11 PM
I know what you mean Dave. Man, for my money "Changing of the Guards" is the damn pinnacle of the album. The music and vocals are so emotive, it really cuts to the core of me each listen through.
rubylith Posted - 04/09/2007 : 11:02:30 PM
Listening to it for the first time right now...amazing. I miss Chris. This album is beautiful in every way. I cannot even construct words to describe it.
Robin Posted - 03/29/2007 : 12:02:35 AM
It's an amazing collaboration and you won't be disappointed. I was lucky enough to be given a copy before it was released, and also got the import. Thanks PJK for passing this on to the friends here:) Peace, Robin
rubylith Posted - 03/28/2007 : 4:06:32 PM
Oh my god I love you.
Arthen Posted - 03/28/2007 : 4:06:10 PM
Thanks for the update about the US release Pam. I think I'm not the only one, but I couldn't wait and I ordered it import last Sept. It's a highly beautiful album, and I suggest everyone get it.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000