Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 What is your favorite Dave M. and Tim R. song?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
{=HTG=} Posted - 12/07/2001 : 8:03:47 PM
I would probably have to say, "Dream I killed God." I downloaded a live version of that one day, it's short, but ssoo sweet. I couldnt stop listining to it! And then "Jimi Thing" on Live at Luther Colledge. Then there's "Crash," and, oh wait, "41" Well damn, I guess it's kinda hard to pick a true favorite. What songs out there do you guys enjoy the most by those two.

81   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SpaceMonkey Posted - 12/09/2002 : 9:19:48 PM
Erich, that song is absolutely killer and the fact that there is complete silence from the crowd (throughout the whole show) just adds to it....Open Up is an easy song to overlook, but repeated listens get you hooked big time....this version bounces between the real slow, medatative passsages of the song into these big blistering roars where there is so much sound being produced it's just awesome...this version also has two nifty "bookends"...the classical shite at the end and an almost Japanese-y sounding intro....one of the coolest songs you could ever hear....let me reiterate for the TR-minded that this show (2.7.99) and 1.29.99 are two of the best I've heard as far as TIM playing with what's-his-face.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/09/2002 : 5:14:58 PM
Like I said in the email I just sent, it's no big deal at all. I just happened to notice that post, and was reminded of the show. If it's going to take you much time or be any trouble, just don't worry with it. 10.10.01 is a way better taped show anyway, and it's available.
Xar666 Posted - 12/09/2002 : 5:07:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

quote:
Originally posted by Xar666

EnthuTIMsiast:
I can capture the video show with GH to Mpeg1 video and host it. Let me know.

Xar666, if you're ever around and are interested in doing this, let me know. Or if you don't want to do it, there's a possibility I could convert it myself, if I have some help.

Jesus, I posted that a year ago. I will still do it. Email me.
therippa Posted - 12/09/2002 : 12:03:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Don't remember where(surprise surprise, Rew is much better at that than me)Anyway, we were staying in this hotel and next to the hotel was a BIG music store. We needed a few supplies(guitar stand, strings, new BOSS tuner, etc) and we had gotten into town the day before the gig, so we marched on over to do a little shopping. Tim became quite enamoured with this acoustic guitar there.(I know you are all gonna bum about this because I know your types, the first question out of your mouths is "WHAT KIND OF GUITAR?") Well I don't remember the make or brand or anything other than it was BEAUTIFUL! Tim playing it there in the store brought that guitar to life. It sounded so sweet. Keep in mind that was on the first electric tour I did with TR, so I had never seen him play an acoustic before. I was blown away, by Tim and by the guitar. It was pretty expensive but TR seemed to really like it. Well we decided he would think about it for a while and if he wanted it we could stop and get it after we checked out of the hotel on our way outta town. I guess the more he thought about it the more he decided he had to have that guitar. We went back the following morning to get it and we walked in, Tim picked up the guitar and within 5 seconds turned to me and said "What the fuck am I thinking? I am never gonna play acoustic again!" He hung the guitar back on the wall and as we started to walk out, Houston(TR's bass player) had decided to buy an equally beautiful acoustic bass. So he bought his bass and we left and I got this great story and memory of TR shunning the acoustic guitar. Only made funnier by the fact that less than 1 year later he called me and told me to gear up for an acoustic tour. I was like is this something YOU want to do or is someone convincing you this is what you should do? He told me that on the break after the electric tours he had rediscovered the acoustic and was feeling very moved and creative in that direction. After a long discourse on his personal rediscovery I was convinced it would be the time of my life. If he was this into it, It surely couldn't be a bad thing. I signed on for it and it has certainly been a sweet ride. Although from time to time I miss the guys and the electric stuff. I am sure, knowing Tim, that one day I will get to do the electric stuff with him again. I am patient to wait as I would much rather be doing the electric stuff with him when it is what HE wants to do. I know he gives it his all under those circumstances and it can't be anything but great if he is INTO it. I really believe that comes thru in a performance. Whether an artist is really into it or just going thru the motions. I for one would much rather see someone going for it, than just going thru the motions. Looking back at what I have just written, it may be one of the stories where you had to be there. It really was funny as hell at the TIMe, and still one of my fave TR TouR sToRies!

How did the salespeople at the store react when they heard Tim play? Christ...if I worked at a music store and someone just "came off the street (I'm assuming they didn't recognize him)" and started playing stream with a little chatterbox in between I'd just give him the damn guitar...it wouldn't be fair to the instrument, it'd be like letting an orphan live at bill gate's pad for the weekend!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/08/2002 : 4:58:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xar666

EnthuTIMsiast:

Xar666, if you're ever around and are interested in doing this, let me know. Or if you don't want to do it, there's a possibility I could convert it myself, if I have some help.
Erich Posted - 12/08/2002 : 4:49:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

2.7.99-->Open Up

this was THE version, and subsiquently still my favourite one, of this song that got me 100% into tim.
SpaceMonkey Posted - 12/07/2002 : 3:52:22 PM
That's right, best ever...I like 2.7.99 and 2.10.96 more than 2.5.99...but you know these are all personal preference issues so it's just what floats your boat
{=HTG=} Posted - 12/07/2002 : 3:39:58 PM
Wow, great list Spacemonkey, i'll make sure to try and check some of those songs out.

quote:
2.22.97--> (best)Typical Situation (ever)

HHhhmm, really? Even better than 2.5.99? I gotta check it out.
SpaceMonkey Posted - 12/07/2002 : 2:41:18 PM
I should also mention that on the 2.18.96 show Dave says the coolest thing ever about Tim after he plays Stream...

"So, I've known this man for about ten years...and the first time I ever played in public was with Timmy and the first time I ever had my heart broken by somebody who played so fucking awesomely was by this man...this is Tim Reynolds."

...not too shabby!
SpaceMonkey Posted - 12/07/2002 : 2:33:39 PM
Whoa...trippy...celestine prophecy...synchronicity....

I was just listening to some old D&T shows of mine this past week and here are some killer songs/shows that I rediscovered where Tim just tears things up:

1.29.99-->this might be my favorite show ever...Chatterbox and Mercy Street are the solos...highlights: LIOG, OSW, Two Step, What Will Become of Me?, Crush, Warehouse...TIM rips on all these songs. I think any TR fan would appreciate this show.

2.7.99-->Typical Situation, LIOG...Open Up, Let It In is awesome

2.2.99-->BOWA

1.20.99-->WWBOM?

2.6.99-->Tripping Billies, Proudest Monkey, Two Step, WWBOM?

2.10.99-->Turn It Into Love>Loose Interpretation

3.7.99-->Hopeful Heresey, LIOG

3.10.99-->Proudest Monkey, two of the best TR solos in a
show: Turn It Into Love>Loose
Open Up Let Sin In>Breathing Space

Storytellers-->Tripping Billies

2.6.97-->Say Goodbye

2.2.97-->LIOG (one of TIM's finest)

2.22.97--> (best)Typical Situation (ever)...download now, Say Goodbye

2.4.96-->Ants Marching...real honky tonk-like!

2.8.96-->LIOG

2.10.96-->funky What Would You Say, #41, Tim solos at the beginning
of Crash

2.13.96-->OSW, Nancies, Typical

2.18.96-->awesome LIOG, Nancies, Angel From Montgomery, Weight of
the World, Watchtower

8.25.94-->WWYS?, Ants

4.22.93-->Two Step, Ants

5.27.93-->Tripping Billies

If you are a TR-fan like the Spacemonkey here, you will enjoy all of these...all well-worth checking out...in my humble opinion of course!

{=HTG=} Posted - 12/05/2002 : 07:11:34 AM
Wow, I completely forgot about this topic...has it been that long? ? ?
PJK Posted - 12/05/2002 : 07:03:02 AM
Thanks for pulling this post back up. Loved the story of TIM going into the music store and playing the acoustic guitar!!! As I have said before, when you're new to the board, old is new! Thanks!
Fluffy Posted - 12/05/2002 : 06:53:16 AM
Talk about more synchronicity, I was gonna mention a story from this thread in another topic and low and behold, there is my infamous "Gotta go make the doughnuts" quote from the post on 12/22. I was just talking about that in the Christ died for DunkinDonuts post. Weird how stuff like that happens. This was a great topic anyway. Here is again for the new folks. Old school can see if and how their answers might have changed.
{=HTG=} Posted - 02/06/2002 : 8:39:17 PM
Actually, a member here said that Tim's solo's on "Crush" and "watchtower" were the best.

pcbTIM Posted - 02/06/2002 : 8:26:44 PM
Has there even been a D&T version of All Along the Watchtower?

"I do what I can with what I've got."
{=HTG=} Posted - 02/06/2002 : 7:13:50 PM
I've always wondered. . .how do the Tim solo's sound on an acoustic version of "all along the watchtower?" Fast? Slow? Does he use effects?

pcbTIM Posted - 02/03/2002 : 6:08:16 PM
quote:

Anyone heard that version?

I think that was what the last two posts were implying.

{=HTG=} Posted - 02/03/2002 : 5:14:37 PM
Crazy, thats a sweet song! I downloaded Dave Matthews playing that solo for a small crowd. It's awesome. And, Crazy, which he later turned into "Captian" with the rest of his band for the Lilly White Sessions, with a few changes to the lyrics. Anyone heard that version?

pcbTIM Posted - 02/03/2002 : 02:12:25 AM
No KIDDING!!! I loved that song! But then they decided to slow it down. I still think it sounded much better with only Dave & Tim. Or even just Dave for that matter! On one of my many burned CDs of D&T, I have that version of Crazy and then right after I have the VH1 Storytellers of #40......you know.....the full version...not the 30 sec. ones that he plays on the live CDs.

Arthen Posted - 02/03/2002 : 12:32:23 AM
The Best D&T song has to be CRAZY!!!!!!

Crazy as I may,
Make my way through this world,
It's for no one but me to say,
What direction I should turn in,

Cause I am the captain of,
This ship,
Eyes, eye lids, and kissing lips,
The same as it was,
for everyone else,

That is the best song, and in my opinion DMB fucked it up when they recorded it for The Summer So Far

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
pcbTIM Posted - 02/02/2002 : 9:03:49 PM
Waut a minute.....guys were throwing their balls at Dave? I thought you were only supposed to do that if you disliked the performance.

{=HTG=} Posted - 02/02/2002 : 8:18:19 PM
Those are all good songs SGWAG. If you ever get the chace, try and down load "Crash" at the Vh1 Story Tellers show, or get "#41" and "All along the watchtower" at woodstock. No Tim, but it's great to see the band performing. . .especially with those thousands of people and panties and bra's and shoes and balls flying up in the air.

someguywithaguitar Posted - 02/02/2002 : 8:11:50 PM
Hhhhmmmm, I'd have to say, "Lie in our Graves." "Lover lay down." Especially "Trippin Billies." That video from Vh1 Story Tellers, Tim Reynolds end solo. . . . I had to wipe the drool that was falling from my mouth.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 01/01/2002 : 2:43:31 PM
When Dave and Tim played Lie in our Graves at the Des Moines D&T show I was at, Dave broke a string during the first couple verses, and Tim started playing the rhythm part Dave does, while dave kept singing and Monk got dave a new guitar WITHOUT MISSING A FUCKING BEAT!!! It was like tim knew it was giong to happen hehe. Then Dave got his new guitar and started playing the rhythm again, adn Tim went back to his lead stuff.

Yet more evidence that Tim is the fucking man when it comes to guitar.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
{=HTG=} Posted - 12/31/2001 : 11:41:52 PM
Wow, I just downloaded Lie in our Graves, acoustic. Man, it's 11:40 and i'm the only one awake in my house. Shoot, maybe I can still have some fun, I know where my mom hides alot of vodka! Happy New Year Everyone!

{=HTG=} Posted - 12/31/2001 : 10:07:40 PM
I've always wanted to hear an acoustic version of Lie in our Graves with Dave it Tim. That'd be cool as hell. I havent found one yet to download.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/29/2001 : 5:24:13 PM
Thanks to FeelingDoors for bringing this back up... I knew Xar said that somewhere, but couldn't remember where....

Anyway, that would be great if you could capture it to mpeg and host it. I told some other people this, but I have to check my copies first and make sure that they are usable. I have a crappy vcr and I'm afraid the tracking is messed up....we'll see..

Anyway, I'll let you know as soon as I can get you a copy, and then I'd love to have you host it.

Thanks for being willing.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
FeelingDoors Posted - 12/29/2001 : 3:48:05 PM
maybe I'm out of place, but back to the topic I guess, my favorite songs are Tripping billies, typical situation, one sweet world, lie in ur graves and two step

Still Strumming,
Will
Xar666 Posted - 12/26/2001 : 11:26:32 AM
EnthuTIMsiast:

-Xar666

We're going to Vegas to croak a scag baron named Savage Henry. I've known him for years but he ripped us off. And you know what that means...
Fluffy Posted - 12/26/2001 : 02:35:46 AM
quote:
hey, im from dmbml and i was wonderinf if anyone can help me find an mp3 of GH's version of One Sweet World, we were told to look for it here by him, thanks.

Hey, I know we had a couple of people who recorded this, has anyone converted it to MP3. It would be great if we could help this guy out. I know Ryan said he had a copy and I think EnthuTIMsiast also had a video copy. Does anyone have a way to transfer it to MP3? I have no clue how that stuff works. That is Jon and Kyles territory. Lets see what we can do. Lets show them TR's fans can be good for something. HEHE (We know the truth, and the truth will set you free)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
BigJollyGiant Posted - 12/26/2001 : 01:05:33 AM
OH MAN! I was able to download a movie clip of Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds playing the song Trippin Billies on Vh1 Story Tellers. . .OH MAN! When I saw Tim get his solo he was going nuts on that guitar, jeeze. I'm still having a hard time beleving he's THAT fast.

Fluffy Posted - 12/25/2001 : 01:34:58 AM
MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB! HAHA Funny you would mention that song. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
James M. Posted - 12/25/2001 : 12:00:12 AM
okay..how freaking sweet would that be to be in a guitar store and hear someone like tim jam out on a guitar..to see if he wanted to buy it..i mean.....u know the people who work there are probably okay at guitar and probably think pretty highly of themselves..but when this man came in..they probably didnt know who he was..then he just starts playing and they realize they fucking suck at guitar....damn that would be cool to see..i mean..even if u didnt know who the man was..i cant imagine u wouldnt wanna go stand in front of him and watch..of course...tim might just like play mary had a little lamb to avoid attracting to much attention....well..im glad tim gets into those acoustic moods...my favorite stuff is his acoustic playing..i mean i enjoyed the electric stuff he was doing...it was cool to just hear him rock out like that...a nice change of pace...but i love tims melodic acoustic stuff...
james

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/24/2001 : 10:20:56 PM
That's a cool story. Wonder what kind of guitar it was. Anyway, I'm kind of in a similar situation. Of course I got some Xmas money, andm my birthday is in about 4 months, when I'll get some more cash. So I definately want a new guitar, I just can't decide what kind to get. I've been really into electric lately, but I could also really use a new acoustic. Choices, choices.

Plus I don't even know if I'll still be into electric when April rolls around. I may want a new damn acoustic by then :)

Adam

Fluffy Posted - 12/24/2001 : 05:22:59 AM
Don't remember where(surprise surprise, Rew is much better at that than me)Anyway, we were staying in this hotel and next to the hotel was a BIG music store. We needed a few supplies(guitar stand, strings, new BOSS tuner, etc) and we had gotten into town the day before the gig, so we marched on over to do a little shopping. Tim became quite enamoured with this acoustic guitar there.(I know you are all gonna bum about this because I know your types, the first question out of your mouths is "WHAT KIND OF GUITAR?") Well I don't remember the make or brand or anything other than it was BEAUTIFUL! Tim playing it there in the store brought that guitar to life. It sounded so sweet. Keep in mind that was on the first electric tour I did with TR, so I had never seen him play an acoustic before. I was blown away, by Tim and by the guitar. It was pretty expensive but TR seemed to really like it. Well we decided he would think about it for a while and if he wanted it we could stop and get it after we checked out of the hotel on our way outta town. I guess the more he thought about it the more he decided he had to have that guitar. We went back the following morning to get it and we walked in, Tim picked up the guitar and within 5 seconds turned to me and said "What the fuck am I thinking? I am never gonna play acoustic again!" He hung the guitar back on the wall and as we started to walk out, Houston(TR's bass player) had decided to buy an equally beautiful acoustic bass. So he bought his bass and we left and I got this great story and memory of TR shunning the acoustic guitar. Only made funnier by the fact that less than 1 year later he called me and told me to gear up for an acoustic tour. I was like is this something YOU want to do or is someone convincing you this is what you should do? He told me that on the break after the electric tours he had rediscovered the acoustic and was feeling very moved and creative in that direction. After a long discourse on his personal rediscovery I was convinced it would be the time of my life. If he was this into it, It surely couldn't be a bad thing. I signed on for it and it has certainly been a sweet ride. Although from time to time I miss the guys and the electric stuff. I am sure, knowing Tim, that one day I will get to do the electric stuff with him again. I am patient to wait as I would much rather be doing the electric stuff with him when it is what HE wants to do. I know he gives it his all under those circumstances and it can't be anything but great if he is INTO it. I really believe that comes thru in a performance. Whether an artist is really into it or just going thru the motions. I for one would much rather see someone going for it, than just going thru the motions. Looking back at what I have just written, it may be one of the stories where you had to be there. It really was funny as hell at the TIMe, and still one of my fave TR TouR sToRies!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/23/2001 : 9:52:44 PM
By the way Fluffy, whats the acoustic guitar story from the electric tour?

Adam

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/23/2001 : 10:39:21 AM
I agree, Fluffy, that's a good way to be. Otherwise, it might be less likely to ever get into any other music. And if that was the case, think how many people even on this board wouldn't have ever even heard of Tim Reynolds. I think a lot of people started by liking Dave, then picked up on Tim, and I think it's safe to say that many many people here now like Tim a whole lot better. And on the same note, Tim's electric stuff has opened up a whole genre (metal and that stuff) to me. I mean, before, I never would have liked Ozzy or anything like that, but now I can dig it.

I think it just goes to show that musical tastes evolve. And I think that's a good thing.

And I've just realized that I'm almost quoting Fluffy, so I guess we agree on the subject, huh?

-Jason-

Fluffy Posted - 12/23/2001 : 04:23:26 AM
TR does the same thing in reverse, out on the road acoustic, back home in the studio getting his "yayas out" electric. That was how ID came about. All that acoustic playing made him feel like messing around on the electric in his off time. BANG! ID!! Its kinda ying and yang. One balances the other! To much of a good thing they say!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/22/2001 : 9:58:47 PM
I'll do that too, swear off one kind of guitar when I'm really into another. The place I really like to be, is where I can jam with my band on electric, then go home and do some recording with just an acoustic and vocals. I get the best of both worlds that way. And I get to get my frustration, and "ya-yas" as tim puts it, out with the electric stuff, then I get to get out my other emotions on acoustic.

Besides that, if I make two demos, one electric and one acoustic, I figure I double my chances of getting into the music business somehow....then again 2 times 0% is......

Adam

Fluffy Posted - 12/22/2001 : 6:12:42 PM
Hey GuitarGuy, that is not necessarily a bad way to be. TR is very much like that. I can remember him on the electric tour swearing he would never pick up and acoustic guitar again and then boom 1 year later we are doing an acoustic tour. The mood just hit him. He picked up his acoustic at home one day and just felt inspired. Turn the page, TR shifts into acoustic mode for a while. I think we all go in phases like that to some degree. Variation is good. Otherwise things stagnate. I don't know how people listen to only one kind of music. That just boggles my mind. How BORING!! Anyway remind me to tell you the acoustic guitar story from the electic tour. I don't have time right now, gotta go to work.(Gotta make the DONUTS!)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/22/2001 : 11:41:48 AM
I love Dreamed I Killed God too. That's an awesome song.

And, yes, a video of OSW was made, because I made it. I have no idea if it is downloadable yet, but I doubt it. If you'd settle for a vhs version, then contact dirtysloth, I know he has dubable copies. I can't make copies myself, or I would make one for you.

Anywho, there's your source of OSW by Greg.

-Jason-

KevinLesko Posted - 12/22/2001 : 02:53:51 AM
Hey GregDMB, welcome to the BOARD. I don't think an MP3 of OSW has surfaced yet, but rest assured it will show up soon. I know it was video taped so in time there should be an mpeg of Greg playing the song live.

BigJollyGiant Posted - 12/22/2001 : 02:14:10 AM
Holy Crap! I just downloaded "Dreamt I killed God" Thats one hell of a song!!!

gregdmb Posted - 12/21/2001 : 1:12:31 PM
hey, im from dmbml and i was wonderinf if anyone can help me find an mp3 of GH's version of One Sweet World, we were told to look for it here by him, thanks.

BigJollyGiant Posted - 12/21/2001 : 09:35:20 AM
Electric Guitar would kick ass. But I think i'm going to stick with my acoustic for mabye a year or so.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/20/2001 : 3:43:22 PM
Thats cool. I actually credit Tim with opening me up to electric music as well. Not Tim literally himself, but when I got Sanctuary, I was strictly into acoustic based music, DMB, Blues Traveler, etc... then I heard Beneath the Surface, It's Dead, etc...and really started getting into electric. I started buying Metallica, Alice in Chains, and other harder stuff. Before long I bought my first electric guitar. And now I almost like electric more than acoustic.

At least thats what I say now, in another month when I'm back in an "acoustic phase" I'll swear up and down that acoustic is my favorite. But for now I'll be jamming some low tuned death metal!

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

KevinLesko Posted - 12/20/2001 : 3:02:33 PM
quote:
Who would have thought that Dave Matthews would cover Marylin Manson ?

You better believe that was Tim's doing. I remember Tim telling the story... something like, Tim was rocking out to Marilyn in the back of the tour bus, and Dave started listening too and he dug what he heard.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/20/2001 : 2:38:12 PM
Diggin a Ditch is a sweet song. I was at the show where Tim and Dave debuted Diggin a Ditch, it was the Des Moines show 2-26-99. Then the next day 2-27 I got to go to the Luther '99 show (my sister was an alumni, and a friend had a ticket but wasn't able to go). Those were great shows though. The crowd at the Luther show was unfuckingbelieveable, as in really good. I can't remember how many people got up to piss during Tim's solos, but it wasn't that many, quite a few at the Des Moines show though, but thats their loss.

Oh, that one song is called Cryptorchid, its a Marylin Manson cover. Who would have thought that Dave Matthews would cover Marylin Manson?

Adam

Raven2001 Posted - 12/20/2001 : 1:05:34 PM
I belive the best tim&dave song that i have heard is in the 99 tour diggna'ditch it rocked and crptochild...

{=HTG=} Posted - 12/20/2001 : 12:19:21 AM
Haha. Has anyone heard the perfomance of "The Stone" Where Dave takes a sip of something and tells the audience, "Timmy doent need to do this. Ugh, needs a bit more sirup, it's too strong" and the crowd starts whooping and hollowring. And then he talkes about getting a head X-Ray, hahahahahahahaha, funny man.

Sarah Posted - 12/19/2001 : 8:09:06 PM
Yeah I heard the one where dave talks about trippin.. and the one where he talks about his fine cousins, and afrin. But anyway,there's tons of incredible live stuff out there and you can pretty much find a kick ass version of whatever song you want, like that Lyle Lovett song about the the pony on my boat... yeah the time they played that at landmark, tim has a awesome solo... on luther i think jimi thing rocks and tim makes two step amazing

Sarah Q
KevinLesko Posted - 12/19/2001 : 7:02:45 PM
I go to colledge!

Evergreen Posted - 12/19/2001 : 6:34:58 PM
Hey HTG just drop me a email if you want copies

EVERGREEN 143
{=HTG=} Posted - 12/19/2001 : 6:22:38 PM
I forgot to mention, haha. I have this cool version of Dave and Tim playing at a colledge, and Dave starts talking about tripping on acid in the woods of Geogria (my home state!) YEAH!

{=HTG=} Posted - 12/19/2001 : 6:16:51 PM
Whoa, that would be tight to have a copy have. The only Dave and Tim songs I have are some downloaded from the net and Luther Colledge. It'd be tight to have a better collection.

Evergreen Posted - 12/17/2001 : 9:02:39 PM
One Sweet World is so great. That one should be played really loud for ole Georgie Bush every time he sits down to work on his proposals for drilling for oil on sacred land that he thinks is OWNED by this nation.... He gets strapped to his uncomfortable chair until he can repeat the lyrics back in rolling succession and can't get the tune out of his head. Like a post hypnotic suggestion he'll feel SICK every time he thinks about drilling for oil anywhere! HaHa thats how its played out among the evergreens.. Lets let the trees decide. Would love to hear Greg do it.

Let's not forget Seek Up and Pantala-Rapunzel(fav version.. a live recording from Albany NY 12/05/98 with Bela, Butch and of COURSE TR), Any live Watchtower Intro(even though its not written by DMB or TR..they perform the whole song best). And a live version I have of the Rolling Stones song, Wild Horses(TR and Dave Acoustic, Dave on the 12 string, TR on the 6)...That one is so sweet it makes me wanna cry. I'm not sure where the Wild Horses show is recorded. It came to me labeled 8/27 with no year or location. The show also has a version of Lyle Lovett's If I had a Boat...Anyone have any idea where this show is from and the year? It's on CD(2) and I'll burn copies for anyone who wants them. There's alot of focus on TR's playing on this one...DEFINITELY one for the collection

As far as TR solo or with TR3 well thats definitely an easy answer. I could never pick ONE cause they're all equally amazing. And after all....When you can have ANYTHING and EVERYTHING and ALL of it, why pick just one.....I'll have one of each please..over and over and over....................................................................

EVERGREEN 143
BigJollyGiant Posted - 12/17/2001 : 6:56:44 PM
I forgot to mention "Dont Drink the Water" Great slow song, and that trio sounds like a kick ass little concert.

Jamie M Posted - 12/17/2001 : 6:55:01 PM
They did one show in 96 that I'm aware of... there may be more. I really wanna get that show though.

{=HTG=} Posted - 12/17/2001 : 6:50:19 PM
Hell yeah, those songs are all good. But didnt Dave and Tim do concerts with Stefan with his bass? That trio would be tight as hell to go see, or hear for that matter.

Jamie M Posted - 12/16/2001 : 11:01:53 PM
The songs that Tim adds the most to, making them my favourite: Typical Situation, Dancing Nancies, Lie In Our Graves, Too Much, #41(Luther-type solo), Wild Horses.

Andy86 Posted - 12/16/2001 : 8:46:58 PM
I would have to say One Sweet World, Tripping Billies and #41.

Andy

{=HTG=} Posted - 12/16/2001 : 01:52:48 AM
"Say Goobye" Hell yeah that song rules! I can sorta kinda play the part before the chorus, when Dave says, "You and me together. . .etc"
Kinda sorta. Haha.

BigJollyGiant Posted - 12/16/2001 : 01:49:24 AM
I forgot about "Say Goodbye." Great song. Tim's pieces in between the chorus kick ass.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/15/2001 : 01:40:20 AM
Crush Dave and Tim style kicks ass, so does Too Much. Tim rips it up in tripping billies too.

Adam

Saint Jude Posted - 12/15/2001 : 12:43:03 AM
quote:
Greg Howard was doing an awesome version of One Sweet World solo instrumental on the Stick while he was opening for us on the TR tour.

Yeah, he played that song so beautifly. He is a master at his trade.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
BigJollyGiant Posted - 12/15/2001 : 12:17:49 AM
I would have to say my favorite Dave and Tim song is Tripping Billies, it's good on the Crash CD but even better on the Live at Luter College, and has a funny backgroung. Tim's solo is the shits.

KevinLesko Posted - 12/10/2001 : 5:33:45 PM
Hey, I'd love to get a copy of that show, I just got a soundboard copy of the Santa Fe show from last month, maybe we could trade for that?

ryan28 Posted - 12/10/2001 : 4:50:18 PM
Speaking of Greg Howard, I have a recording of the Minneapolis show, and One Sweet World is awesome. If you are interested, let me know.

Ryan

Fluffy Posted - 12/10/2001 : 3:04:00 PM
Thanx for the info Jude, and Chip616, Greg Howard was doing an awesome version of One Sweet World solo instrumental on the Stick while he was opening for us on the TR tour. There are recordings, I would try and locate one. Well worth a listen if that is your fave dave song.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 12/10/2001 : 1:13:44 PM
the Stone(w/ wise men outro), Lie in our Graves, Spoon, Dreamed I Killed God, and Don't Drink the Water(w/ Bartender intro), and perhaps my favorite, the What Will Become Of Me outro to Jimi Thing

Black Lotus Posted - 12/10/2001 : 12:36:22 PM
One Sweet World is a great song ... I also love the version of Ants Marching that they do together.

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
crash258 Posted - 12/08/2001 : 10:04:54 PM
warehouse, two step, too much, dreamed I killed God (HispanicTeenGuitarist Ive got an awesome version of it), the maker, angel from montgomery, satilite (i have an awesome version where tim and dave play around with the intro, sweet),

-p

Dave_Tim Posted - 12/08/2001 : 3:46:07 PM
Crush, Lie In Our Graves, and The Stone (with the wise man outro)

chip616 Posted - 12/08/2001 : 1:16:05 PM
Id have to say One Sweet World, its always tastefully done by those two, with some great bluegrass/blues/jazz riffs from our man Timmy. Also the version of warehouse on L@LC is amazing.

peace

All ya need is peace, love, and oreos
chip616 Posted - 12/08/2001 : 1:16:05 PM
Id have to say One Sweet World, its always tastefully done by those two, with some great bluegrass/blues/jazz riffs from our man Timmy. Also the version of warehouse on L@LC is amazing.

peace

All ya need is peace, love, and oreos
KevinLesko Posted - 12/08/2001 : 1:07:46 PM
This is another one of those where there are just too many to pick one... but off the top of my head I might have to say Pay For What You Get.

Saint Jude Posted - 12/08/2001 : 11:07:01 AM
Too Much Fluf,

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Fluffy Posted - 12/08/2001 : 05:21:55 AM
As far as Dave goes, I like that "I eat too much, I drink too much" song. Don't know the name obviously, and for Tim, I think I already answered that:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=656

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
ryan28 Posted - 12/07/2001 : 10:10:26 PM
Minarets and For the Beauty of Wynona.

Ryan

Baboonboy Posted - 12/07/2001 : 9:43:20 PM
Crush, Lie in our Graves, Two step, dancing nancies... Any song that Tim has a solo in.

3/14/99 Proudest Monkey is my fav though...

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Xar666 Posted - 12/07/2001 : 9:33:53 PM
Warehouse- Tim takes this song to the outer limits with the Passion intro.

Minarets- I love the middle eastern sound.

-Xar666

We're going to Vegas to croak a scag baron named Savage Henry. I've known him for years but he ripped us off. And you know what that means...

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000