Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Do you like eating at a fast food chain?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bloody_warrior Posted - 03/07/2007 : 01:29:40 AM
Well just wondering... I love to eat at fast food chains especially Carl's Jr. and Taco bell... Carl's Jr. for their Chicken Sandwich and Taco Bell for their... Taco's.

What fast food chain does everyone prefer?
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arthen Posted - 03/12/2007 : 4:50:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

Again, New Brain.

I got a new Pinky.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/12/2007 : 4:45:46 PM
Again, New Brain.
dan p. Posted - 03/12/2007 : 4:29:42 PM
whoppers are gross. everything at bk is gross. it's just a step above mcdonalds.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/12/2007 : 12:14:23 PM
GuitarGuy said 'more healthier.'

Yeah, wasted food is another problem, more so in the normal restaurant business. They should throw away every Whopper as far as I am concerned. (That was my fave FF burger before I got my New Brain.)
jsemon2 Posted - 03/07/2007 : 9:09:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

3) The amount of waste created by fast food restaurants is unbelievable. Wrappers, shitty toys, plastic bags, obscene amounts of napkins, plastic flatware, condiment packets etc. NOT NECESSARY!

this is the one thing i learned from my wife as she worked at burger king in high school. she said it made her so mad the amount of food they threw out everyday. she at least hundreds and hundreds of whopper/etc were trashed EVERY SINGLE DAY. and they cant give it to anyone, not the homeless, not employees, NO ONE. apparently the shelf life of sandwiches are but a few minutes.

it is disgusting.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 03/07/2007 : 8:49:30 PM
Nutritionally speaking Wendy's is one of the better fast food places. I'm not saying that I know what actually goes into their burgers, etc.. but they have more healthier choices like baked potatoes, chili, etc. My wife is a health nut and she even eats there occasionally, getting the above mentioned items. I usually grab Wendy's before class on Thursday nights, or if I have time between work and school I'll go to Panchero's for a nice burrito.
gnome44 Posted - 03/07/2007 : 4:35:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

i don't litter out of laziness, i litter out of spite. spite for a world that can go on without me, and spite for all the children i'll never have. i'm a good person.

HAHAHA
Arthen Posted - 03/07/2007 : 3:49:45 PM
quote:

i still eat at wendy's, when the appropriate stars and planets are aligned properly. i feel like a prick ordering this disgustingly unhealthy burger and fries and asking for water because i'm off soda. i say to myself, "yeah, dan, way to be healthy and not drink a soda with your fatass meal. asshole." in my defense though, i think wendy's is delicious. it's not "good" like honest to god cooking is, but it has a different, greasier appeal.

i also fully support fast food's destruction of the enviornment. the planet is going to outlive me, and i hate it for that. i try to bring it down with me whenever i can. i don't litter out of laziness, i litter out of spite. spite for a world that can go on without me, and spite for all the children i'll never have. i'm a good person.

You're a model for us all...
dan p. Posted - 03/07/2007 : 3:32:40 PM
i still eat at wendy's, when the appropriate stars and planets are aligned properly. i feel like a prick ordering this disgustingly unhealthy burger and fries and asking for water because i'm off soda. i say to myself, "yeah, dan, way to be healthy and not drink a soda with your fatass meal. asshole." in my defense though, i think wendy's is delicious. it's not "good" like honest to god cooking is, but it has a different, greasier appeal.

i also fully support fast food's destruction of the enviornment. the planet is going to outlive me, and i hate it for that. i try to bring it down with me whenever i can. i don't litter out of laziness, i litter out of spite. spite for a world that can go on without me, and spite for all the children i'll never have. i'm a good person.
Arthen Posted - 03/07/2007 : 2:12:25 PM
I support local businesses. I just like the un-nutritional taste of fast food sometimes. I don't eat there every week or even every two weeks, just every now and then. Sometimes you just get a hankerin'.
Robin Posted - 03/07/2007 : 12:35:33 PM
I have to agree with Dan on this. If you read this board you'll get a real sense of what people are like here.It's not to say things shouldn't be brought up or discussed,I totally see your point Reesa,but I think he's Pokin' a stick at the bees nest...TIM IS sweet!And I have now learned that some people from this board actually do eat fast food. I still love them I however, never eat it for many of the same reasons as HRW. Peace, Robin
Arthen Posted - 03/07/2007 : 12:33:47 PM
The KKK could open up a fried chicken chain: Krazy Kolonel Klucks! "Serving the oppresed white christian majority."

As for me, I like Burger King, because I have a friend that I go there with and we just hang out for a while. Jack in the Box is good for curly fries and I like Chipotle for fast food "mexican" food.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/07/2007 : 12:33:18 PM
I refuse to eat at fast food chains. Here's why:

1) Produce and "meats" used in fast foods are bought from huge agra-businesses (not local farms) and the way they are produced, transported, and prepared generally strips them of any nutritional value they may have had. I'd go so far to say that if a large enough class action lawsuit were filed, the Supreme Court might rule that the stuff couldn't even be considered 'food' per se, in terms of lack of said nutritional value and the evident negative effects associated with constant use.

2) There are local restaurants wherever you live that do take out, and it takes marginally longer to prepare those foods, and in most cases, you can call ahead. Why not support local business rather than multi-national, multi-billion dollar industries and have a healthier meal?

3) The amount of waste created by fast food restaurants is unbelievable. Wrappers, shitty toys, plastic bags, obscene amounts of napkins, plastic flatware, condiment packets etc. NOT NECESSARY!

4) Fuck fast food.
dan p. Posted - 03/07/2007 : 12:22:56 PM
not exactly, rd. you may have missed my point. i wasn't comparing anyone to the kkk. i simply said that he, almost without exception, posts topics about things almost everyone here doesn't like and are pretty vocal about not liking. the connection with the kkk lies in that idea, not in the kkk's narrow-minded ignorance. i'm not entirely sure where i myself enter this equation. i was simply pointing out something. after doing so, i contributed to the topic at hand by answering his question. so, i don't know. i don't think i'm as bad as the kkk.

i'm not saying it's bad to talk about a wide range of topics. i'm saying that you ought to gauge your audience a little when posting. it's almost as if he doesn't read anything on the board.
KevinLesko Posted - 03/07/2007 : 12:04:15 PM
Taco Bell is damn good. It fed me last night!
rubylith Posted - 03/07/2007 : 11:31:05 AM
Haha

INSANE.

You know what is sweet? Tim.
rdj218 Posted - 03/07/2007 : 10:41:03 AM
quote:

is it just me, or does everything you like stand in direct opposition to what people believe in on this board? there was that elvis post, and the ucf, or whatever it's called, post. i'm not saying you should go away or anything. i'm just saying a lot of your topics would be like me going to a kkk message board and saying "you know what's awesome? black people."

that said, i used to be a huge wendy's fiend.

...But, what exactly does the board stand for? The KKK are bad people because they are sooooooo narrow minded and totally lack the imagination to think outside their worlds. I understand what you are saying but aren't you being just as bad by being so closed minded? Is it terrible to talk about lots of topics? What's worse to be a topic classist or to talk about topics with an open mind to try to understand others better? Anyway, I adore you Dan, you're pleasantly fiesty, BUT I think your logic is off a bit.
dan p. Posted - 03/07/2007 : 10:14:04 AM
is it just me, or does everything you like stand in direct opposition to what people believe in on this board? there was that elvis post, and the ucf, or whatever it's called, post. i'm not saying you should go away or anything. i'm just saying a lot of your topics would be like me going to a kkk message board and saying "you know what's awesome? black people."

that said, i used to be a huge wendy's fiend.
rubylith Posted - 03/07/2007 : 09:27:01 AM
haha

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000