Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Book Recommendations?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 12/04/2001 : 4:50:24 PM
After this week I will have all of December off from school which means I will actually have time to read books that I WANT TO READ. I know Fluffy and Tim are always recomending books, Fluffy, what do recomend the most? I already read Training the Mind. Should Pentegon Aliens be my next read? Or does anyone else have any suggestions?

While I'm on the subject, (even though I already mentioned this about a month ago) I want to plugg Jesse Ventura's 2nd book: "Going to the mat with politcal pawns and media jackyls" Read that bad-boy and you will hate the media and government even more than you already do. Jesse is the only man in politics who tells it like it is. It is really interesting stuff, plus it is a very easy read.

17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/20/2001 : 4:20:34 PM
Timeline--Michael Crichton

Atlantis Found--Clive Cussler

The Testament--John Grisham

Above the Law--J.F. Freedman (no its not the book version of teh Seagal film!!)

No Lesser Plea--Robert Tannenbaum

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Fluffy Posted - 12/19/2001 : 01:32:36 AM
The Missing Piece meets the BIG O is one of my absolute faves, but The A,B,Z book by Shel is my absolute fave. I cannot stop laughing when I read that book. Check it out!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/19/2001 : 01:20:10 AM
I know everyone's books have been equally random, but here is what I suggest. Most of them are really easy to read and all, so they won't take long if you will try them.

-Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (or Ender's Shadow, also in the Ender series)
-Travels by Michael Crichton. Don't read his other shit. And I mean Sh*t. This is kinda his autobiography, and it is cool as hell....
-Contact by Carl Sagan (not the movie)
-East of Eden by John Steinbeck
-The Missing Peice Meets The Big O by Shel Silverstein (a picture book, more or less, but good and direct, to boot).
-Dune by Frank Herbert, how could someone not mention this one
-The Lord of The Rings by Tolkien, someone's got to mention this too...since the movie does come out tomor.....today. Badass, can't wait.....
-Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card also in the Ender's Series, but still a badass book, probably my single favorite book in the universe.

That's enough about this from me.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
crash258 Posted - 12/08/2001 : 9:54:19 PM
"The Doors of Perception" -Aldus Hexuly,

awesome read!

-p

KevinLesko Posted - 12/08/2001 : 1:23:06 PM
Thanks for all the recomendations guys!

Fluffy Posted - 12/08/2001 : 06:20:02 AM
I asked TR to put together a list for this thread. When I have it I will add them here. Keep watching!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Isaac Posted - 12/05/2001 : 09:56:11 AM
Star Wars - Heir to the Empire Trilogy

Aliens Vs. Predator - Prey

The Death and Life of Superman

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Xar666 Posted - 12/05/2001 : 08:46:01 AM
Fear and Loathing rules... I just got Rogue State.
-Xar666

We're going to Vegas to croak a scag baron named Savage Henry. I've known him for years but he ripped us off. And you know what that means...
Fluffy Posted - 12/05/2001 : 03:35:33 AM
TR would suggest anything by Noam Chomsky, especially "Rogue States". TR and I both finished reading "Storming Heaven" on this tour. Awesome read if you are at all into the 60's and the pyschedelic movement. This led us back to reading books by Timothy Leary. "High Priest" is a good place to start. It is based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Moreso, "Psychedelic Experience". I would recommend "Where the Wild Things Are", "A Seperate Peace", "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas", anything by Charles Bukowski, anything by Sherman Alexie, the original "Planet of the Apes", "Agents of Repression" (Updated Edition) by Ward Churchill and Jim Vander Wall,"COINTELPRO Papers" (Updated Edition) by Ward Churchill and Jim Vander Wall, "The Phantom Tollbooth", definitely "Pentagon Aliens", "Equisite Corpse" if you are into the more bizarre fiction, I just started reading "The Teaching of Buddah" and "Acid Dreams" by Martin A Lee & Bruce Shlain, and I think I mentioned this one before, "Fire in the Brain", I may have called it Fire in the Mind. man, I could just go on and on. I should stop now.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Black Lotus Posted - 12/04/2001 : 11:28:14 PM
Lord of the Rings
Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy
If you're into vampires, I highly suggest anything by White Wolf publishing.
And as always, read some Poe ... drink lots of wine, read lots of Poe. Speaking of which, I think I'll do that now

-----------------------
Post Whore
Dave S Posted - 12/04/2001 : 10:23:14 PM
I'm reading Catch-22 right now, it's a great book. I can't count how many times i have burst out laughing at Yossarian. i was reading it in the ticket booth while working last weekend and you wouldnt believe how many people noticed it and commented on how good it was, and how they should read it again. (Joseph Heller, on WW2)

{=HTG=} Posted - 12/04/2001 : 8:53:21 PM
Yeah, TimeLine is a kick ass book, and try the "Talisman" by Stephen King, and Peter Straub.

Evergreen Posted - 12/04/2001 : 5:46:10 PM
Planet Quest:The Epic Discovery of Alien Solar Systems-Ken Croswell
The Universe in a Nutshell-Stephen Hawking
The Real Frank Zappa Book-Frank Zappa(autobio)
The Four Nobel Truths-Dalai Lama
Autobiography of a Brown Buffalo-Oscar Zeta Acosta
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas-Hunter S. Thompson

in no particular order except maybe for the last 2. They are better close together..and if you haven't read Lord of the Rings..a definite!

dan p. Posted - 12/04/2001 : 5:31:17 PM
THE LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 12/04/2001 : 5:25:18 PM
"The Richest Man In Babylon" and "Rich Dad Poor Dad" are two great books if you would like to be financially independent.
-J

pcbTIM Posted - 12/04/2001 : 5:12:34 PM
Timeline by Michael Crichton
The Firm by Tom Clancy (I'm going to read it again after finals)
A Rumor of War by Philip Caputo (Vietnam)
The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien (Vietnam)
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton (a must read)

that's all I can think of right now

chip616 Posted - 12/04/2001 : 4:58:41 PM
A great book is the biography of the bass player Jaco Pastorious, I forget the exact title but its got him on the cover lokking up, big purple letters.

peace

All ya need is peace, love, and oreos

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000