Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 bush above the law....again

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pants_happy Posted - 06/27/2006 : 12:02:28 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060627/ap_on_go_co/bush_signing_statements
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rubylith Posted - 07/05/2006 : 11:21:37 AM
Ken Lay is dead...too bad that prick didn't suffer in jail.

SCUM
dan p. Posted - 06/29/2006 : 9:24:29 PM
as long as you say "i'm upholding the constitution" or make some reference to the constitution, people won't question it, because no one fucking knows anything about it. they're just like, oh yeah, the constitution. those are those 10 freedom things, right?
pants_happy Posted - 06/28/2006 : 6:49:53 PM
constitution? what constitution? we need to abolish the constitution so that bush has the power necessary to protect us.

...saying the statements help him uphold the Constitution and defend national security.

wow, did that statement just strike anyone as being the complete opposite of reality?
dan p. Posted - 06/27/2006 : 02:01:52 AM
"Rather than give Congress the opportunity to override a veto with a two-thirds majority in each house, he has issued hundreds of signing statements invoking his right to interpret the law."

did i read that right? does "he" refer to bush in the above passage? invoking what right to interpret law? the president has no such right. law is interpreted by the judicial branch. executive branch enforces it (ideally.)

i have an idea! let's take the constitution and throw it out the fucking window, because apparently no one can read it and understand the words written on it. this isn't about liberals or conservatives. it's about understanding how government works as set forth by the constitution.

oh really. bush wants to ignore laws? i think i'll ignore laws now, too. i'll ignore laws about stealing and killing from now on.
rubylith Posted - 06/27/2006 : 12:45:47 AM
Yes it is true, we live in a dictatorship, now go watch a sitcom.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000