Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Grow Up!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CosmicHomesickAlien Posted - 03/04/2006 : 11:32:35 AM
Recently i've been hearing quite a bit of this term be it from my girlfriend or memebers of my family, but as much as i think about it it doesn't make sense to me. I would assume they are trying to ask what the hell are you doing with your life? I would like to say i'm not really sure because i just kinda take it as it comes to me and when it's time to make a choice i do so. They would probably feak if they heard that answer because the next fve billion questions about money and jobs and where are you going to live ect. would be enough to make me rip my head from my body just so i wouldn't have to listen anymore.

I'm not really sure about growing up it sounds way to resposible for me, not that i can't handle responsibility you kinda have to on a daily basis weather you want to or not.

It's not that i want to go through life without bettering myself, and sometimes going to events (such as a kick ass TR show) helps people do that, not just reading a book or going to class or work.

Well that's enough bable out of me, just had to say something. PEACE!!!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
guitfiddler Posted - 03/06/2006 : 10:07:02 PM
Look what you did. You stirred up the "married folks."

My advice... LIVE! Meet people, go places. The reality of the world that we live in is that you have to work in order to live. But who cares. It's just a stupid thing that needs to be done. I compare it to shaving; it sucks but I gotta. Thinking about how much you hate it is a lot more work than just doing it. You never have to grow up, you just eventually have to do these stupid grown-up things to survive. The great thing about it, there are millions of stupid people out there so if you have common sense, you are already ahead of a lot of people.
peewee_zz Posted - 03/05/2006 : 10:50:19 PM
Dan P, seriously let's start a podcast with us discussing/arguing every topic on earth

When I discuss nagging I mean even if she's bing honest she has to crtisize something else. For example my wife forgot to take her "the pill" the other day. Instead of saying "Please remind me" she says "How often do you think about sex?" and then asks the question. She's still being honest but takes a cheap shot first. What if i started every setence as DAMNIT WOMAN? Where I run into problems, and have not seen any exceptions to my examples as of yet, is that men require a woman that they care about in any faction to answer the question "what's wrong?" I understand the whole she wants to talk not get a solution thing but men as a whole want this question answered. A woman will get defensive or bitter or God knows what and say "nevermind" or "nothing" even if they are mad at you or what they are mad at only you need to know about. They require absolute honesty at the drop of a hat from you, but in order for them to discuss their problems you have to "what's wrong" them until they throw something at you. DAMNIT WOMAN just say it the first time, all you wanted to do was talk so talk. This i consider as nagging as well because both cases are things that women do instinctively and they really are hostile attacks towards their husband. Men do the same thing when they tease women about things like music. I caught myself today openly critisizing my mom's cooking and I don't think she's going to get over it in her lifetime. Nagging is a light form of verbal abuse that women don't realize is wrong and I'm the only one it seems that wants to bring it up. Yes it has a point and many times they're right but nagging is a womans way of not knowing how to communicate properly.
dan p. Posted - 03/05/2006 : 8:42:04 PM
it's nagging if she's saying it because something else is wrong. however, it's a legitimate statement if she's displeased with the fact that you have no job, no prospects, and nothing on the horizon. a geat way to be a bad boyfriend or husband is to write off anything a woman complains about as "nagging" and assuming something else is wrong. all you're doing is pretending there isn't a real problem that might be your fault if you do that. and that's how you operate, you're just leading your life the wrong way. and what's more, if the girl your seeing consistanly complains about something when something else is wrong, then you'd be better off with a girl who, you know, knows how to be honest. my policy is, and has always been this: it's not anyone jobs to try to figure out what's bothering anyone else. if there's a problem, then it's brought up and dealt with. girls, this is very important. a lot of you seem to be under the impression that a guy "should know what's wrong" at any given moment. no, we shouldn't. instead of playing some kind of stupid mind game, or guilt tripping, how about you just be a human being and say what's wrong. when something's important, you bring it up. that's how it works. i make it a practice to assume that anything not brought up isn't important. and it's worked wonderfully. it's not an issue in my relationship, because she's very open and honest. the best way to deal with it, guys, when a girl is doing that, is to just shrug it off. cease to care about it. it forces them to say what's on their mind, which they should be doing anyway.

that door swings both ways, too. guys, don't bullshit your girl about anything. the truth is something everyone deserves.
peewee_zz Posted - 03/05/2006 : 09:12:43 AM
I'm going to be the one that points out that "grow up" form any woman at any time is actually nagging. Nagging means that something else is wrong, but it may stem from not having "grown up." Basically as far as your girl is concerned you really need to sit down and "nag her" by asking her what's wrong until she tells you.
Trust me, what you talk about one day for probably just an hour is just talking but you're state of being is what's wrong.

For example, you can say that a woman looks fat and still recover. If you actually beleive it you'll get a high heel through your head.

As for college you will have problems every where and every teacher "will be out to get you". Funny thing is that I had 1 that was and he had to force me to pass when I brought it up with the administration. With college the great thing is that there's a beginning and an end. With work that's another story but being someone who never worked a day in his life until he was 19, once you start you just get used to it and then to it and then the time flies by until you find a job that's more tolerable. ALL work sucks. Some days there's absolutly nothing to do where I work and I haunt this message board all day hoping and praying that cosmic homer says something that I can argue with :-P. Even high paid radio hosts take vacations because at the very least you will never be able to sleep in on a work day as long as you're alive.

Easily put if you don't get up and go to college you're work wil never be tollerable. (going to a tech school and forcibly getting high grades is a great start)
dan p. Posted - 03/05/2006 : 12:58:22 AM
i've heard similar things from other people. i think it isn't a matter of "growing up" it's a matter of being lazy. i hear "school isn't my thing" or "getting a job isn't my thing" and i pretty much translate that as "i don't want to." my response to that would be, "that's just too fucking bad." no one wants to work. no one wants to go to school. ask anyone. but there's good news! you don't have to want to, and you don't have to like it. you just have to do it. if liking it was a requirement, i'd say we'd all be pretty fucked. college isn't a strict necessity. it's good if you like getting a job so you can live comfortably and not with your mom and dad. but i know people who didn't go to college, and they're doing alright. but unless you feel like being in the same place you were when you were 16 forever, which wouldn't be healthy, you need at least a job. that you don't want to is irrelevent. and i don't want to say anything about your relationship, but it's been my experience (not personal) that a girl won't stay with you like that.
peewee_zz Posted - 03/04/2006 : 11:55:20 PM
Find a girl, propose, get married and have twins all in 2 years time... come to think of it not even that has forced me to grow up. God help you kid :-P
Arthen Posted - 03/04/2006 : 7:54:45 PM
Eh. You'll do it one day or you won't, certainly people can't make you grow up.

I find that most people who tell others to Grow Up tend to act really childish. But that's just my experience.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000