Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 "guerilla" marketing.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dan p. Posted - 02/21/2006 : 3:28:30 PM
has anyone heard this concept? it's happening a lot now. i heard about it from my brother. essentially what it is, is instead of just creating an id for a message board and posting immediately about some product, the marketers will intergrate themselves into the board for a little bit, and bring up a topic in which the person can subtly plug whatever product or company he's working for.

for example. suppose i join this board. and after some discussion, bring up a topic like "i'm looking to record shows. does anyone have any suggestions about what the best equipment might be as far as cameras or microphones go?" people will suggest things, and then a little later, the marketer will post back "i found the perfect camera. it's the king jesus 800." and then he'll talk about it. this way the plug seems to come from a legitimate member of the board.

it may not seem very effective at first. but they create a great many accounts on a great many boards and are asked to make x posts an hour on x amount of boards. so let's say at 5 posts an hour, where 24 people are working, that's 120 posts an hour total. assume an 8 hour day.

penny arcade has also mentioned this, but i wasn't entirely sure until i heard about it from my brother.
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
CosmicHomesickAlien Posted - 03/03/2006 : 10:37:31 AM
much appreciated post, i've recently been looking for a new camera and i think i just figured out which one to buy(the king jesus 800 of course). Unfortunetaley coporate america does't care about what kind of thoughts and ideas they put into the american public's minds, all they ever see is dollar signs, and they'll try anything they can to make more and more.
peewee_zz Posted - 03/02/2006 : 12:20:36 AM
I figured that this thread needed to be flaming in honor of those who would actually use Guerilla marketing.

Btw Buy Fantastic 4 on DVD!

FLAME ON!
pants_happy Posted - 02/24/2006 : 1:37:43 PM
i'll have to check those out @ gamespy.

quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

i would say, pants, that those were a lot of big words in complex sentences, and as such, i didn't get it.

exactly! you pass the test. now arthen is the one i'm worried about...'n some bread too....
dan p. Posted - 02/24/2006 : 1:29:53 PM
i heard grandia 3 is good. also you might try whatever the next "tales of" game is for ps2 or the xbox, which also faired well. the only tales game i ever played was tales of symphonia. it was good.

they moved zelda back to fall 2006.

i would say, pants, that those were a lot of big words in complex sentences, and as such, i didn't get it.
Arthen Posted - 02/24/2006 : 1:07:30 PM
Post what!?

Why hadn't I heard about this before...
pants_happy Posted - 02/24/2006 : 12:53:41 PM
mmmmm.....chicken
pants_happy Posted - 02/24/2006 : 12:52:27 PM
i need crack; where crack = videogames
pants_happy Posted - 02/24/2006 : 12:51:17 PM
am tempted to start playing ff7 or a dark alliance game once again.
pants_happy Posted - 02/24/2006 : 12:49:58 PM
also.....anyone know of any cool new rpg's coming out soon? i'm getting bored with wow :(
/cry

pants_happy Posted - 02/24/2006 : 12:43:09 PM
so would you be partial to the branch of science that states that post whoring is its own phenomena, and that the post whoring done by guerilla marketing is just a by-product of the social acceptability of post whores of the board itself? or that guerilla marketing post whoring snowballs threads into community post whoring, whereby the derailment of the said thread is most definitely assured via the marketing catalyst?
dan p. Posted - 02/24/2006 : 12:32:59 PM
post whoring is a phenomena all to itself, and i can't claim innocence to it.
pants_happy Posted - 02/24/2006 : 12:25:15 PM
mmmmm.....chicken.
does anyone else feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight?

on the other hand, that may explain the post whoring of some certain members...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 02/22/2006 : 4:18:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by peewee_zz

Kin Jesus 801

Now walk on water proof!

now that was funny.
peewee_zz Posted - 02/22/2006 : 4:03:09 PM
I recently heard that the Prime Minister of Italy (didn't even know that that was his official title) said "I am the Jesus of Politics. I sacrifice myself for everyone else."

My responce is: "You know God is the Jesus of religion..."

Well it was funny at the time.
........................ ____
.______________/[*] o\__
|...||..........___..............|
|.====....../.._..\.............|
|...||........|.|_|.|............|__
|...||.........\___/.............|..|
|______________________|...\
..|.....||.....||.....|.|.....|..|....|
..|.....\|.....\/......\/......|_/..../
..|.............................|....../
..|...........\.........../........../
..|................................./
..|..............0==()........../
...\..............|\.............|
.....\............o.\...........|
.......\.............o..........\

King Jesus 801

Now walk on water proof!

What pictures would Jesus take?
KevinLesko Posted - 02/22/2006 : 2:52:48 PM
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

I was totally looking at getting the King Jesus 800... is it really good?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn it! You beat me to it.

damn it, you BOTH beat me to it!!!
dan p. Posted - 02/22/2006 : 12:37:02 PM
the king jesus 800 is great for taking pictures you want to blow up to poster size. it's also great for taking pictures of yourself at sone 24 hour diner at 3 in the morning and posting them on the internet. you see, the king jesus 800 uses state of the art technology that enhances clarity and um. . .dick size.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 02/21/2006 : 9:53:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

It's good to know that marketers finally realized making a random posting of spam wasn't getting through. Too bad there could be secret agents in our ranks.

The King Jesus 800 DOES take great pictures though! You all should really try it... they're not all that expesive, especially for the quality pics they take!
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 02/21/2006 : 7:42:59 PM
I found the perfect guitarist. His name is TiM Reynolds...
Arthen Posted - 02/21/2006 : 7:26:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

Damn it! You beat me to it.

Yeah, I caught sight of this thing, perhaps from the same source as you Dan, ala the good ol' boys over at Penny Arcade, bless their hearts and souls. It's good to know that marketers finally realized making a random posting of spam wasn't getting through. Too bad there could be secret agents in our ranks.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 02/21/2006 : 4:59:00 PM
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 02/21/2006 : 4:03:37 PM
Yeah..more MIND CONTROL, wait until you finally read about the sound beams they'll be shooting at you at the store with ads, or the idiots who get tatoos of brand names and get paid for it...once all this begins to seep in, you begin to realize how evil people really are. And thats what this is: evil. They are essentially lying to those they are trying to indoctrinate to sell them shit that is most likely garbage. Mmm...like our government. Hurray for Satan, he's doing one hell of a job round these parts!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000