Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 shoot this down...i half way expect it :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 02/14/2006 : 09:48:13 AM
original posted by Biff the Pig in TRelated section:
quote:
IN DUH FUTURE!!!!!

we all know that people have game rooms in their houses these days, but in the FUTURE our game rooms will be different in NEATO ways. it will be like a shed in your backyard or an arena at a park, and it will have a default 10 foot ceiling, and fairly large dimensions for the length and width. and inside is just a big empty room where the floor is cut into 1 square ft padded sections. each square ft section can be hydrolically (or by other means) lifted out of the ground or sunken into the ground to 5 feet either way. Likewise, the roof will have sections of about 5 square feet per section, and they can come down or go up 5 feet. the sides will be able to come out 5 feet also.
now..the purpose of all of those things is this. there will be a console with typical games like fps's and whatever else, but it will be interactive to where u wear a helmet of some sort to view the interface of the game. and the objects programmed in the game such as a boulder in the middle of a field, will be mimmicked by the hydrolic floor being lifted up to the programmed dimensions of the boulder. this way, when u see in your interface that you are running up an incline, there will be an incline.
this will be especially fun for online gaming. take for example an average halo 2 deathmatch. you would be able to have this with people that were playing in their own "game room". each room would be equipped with sensors to equivicate your actions into the gameplay.
then for a simple game like Pool or something, the floor would lift up to the dimensions of the pool table, and you could use a pool stick that came with the game that would be your "controller" for the it. you could play this game with a friend across the country and ideally it would feel like you were really there playing with that friend. This is assuming that you know you have a headset..and possibly load yourself into the console(your dimensions and image and what ever else it would need i guess..)
so far there are many flaws with this idea i admit...but it was just an idea i had...maybe other people can build on it and make this or something like this a possibility in the future. hooray.

p.s... i dont smoke weed.
p.s.s...sorry that had nothing to do with Tim(maybe there will be an interactive Tim Reynolds guitar game out by then...i would buy it)
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dan p. Posted - 02/15/2006 : 12:36:32 PM
it's a beautiful dream, and we're coming a long way in terms this level of immsersion in games. it's obviously very complex, but we have the start of what we need to do it (motion cap, what have you.) i'd love to play a star wars game like that.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000