Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Jack Dillman opener

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 02/09/2006 : 6:34:17 PM
So we seem to have another fan opening for TR as evidenced by his announcement on his website:
quote:
January 17, 2006
Hey everybody!!! This posting is by far probably the best one I've gotten to type. It is my true priviledge to announce that Saturday March 4th, I will be opening for the one and only Tim Reynolds. Tim's guitar playing is by far some of the best, creative, and most original you will ever hear. Some of you know Tim from his playing with Dave Matthews, however, his talents really aren't even fully brought out when you listen to that...but however, he does do some amazing things with Dave none the less. I encourage all of you to make plans to be there, at the Chameleon Club in Lancaster on March 4th. I also encourage you to pick up some of Tim's solo albums, for they are incredible. You are in for quite a show, and I am in for the honor of a lifetime. Make plans all.

see you there.

jack

Sounds pretty good eh? Well then I read the entry from January 30th:
quote:
Hey all...so i got the gig with Tim Reynolds coming up, and with your help, i could do something a lot better!! On www.davematthewsband.com there is a section where you can go and vote for your favorite bands to open for DMB next tour...i would like to be one of them!!

I know exactly what he means, I just thought it sounded kinda funny after the glowing compliments to TR in the earlier post. Maybe if he had used the phrase "even better" instead of "alot better" it wouldn't have sounded "so bad" LOL

Here's his website if you want to check him out:

http://jackdillman.com/
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PJK Posted - 03/04/2006 : 4:10:13 PM
OK Scooter, and you are related to Jack how? LOL
scooter4049 Posted - 03/04/2006 : 2:40:05 PM
Hey Matt, sorry about your luck-Jack is gonna bring the damn house down. His sick guitar skills will have us all amazed as usual. Good luck Jack, its about time =)
For shizzle
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 02/17/2006 : 09:16:52 AM
Alright Jack, all is well!
Way to go on the presale, too! That must take a lot of work.

Good luck at the show!
Fluffy Posted - 02/17/2006 : 04:23:25 AM
Looking foward to the show with you Jack!! Don't take it to personal the comments. We all can be a little sensitive about the DMB comments. I certainly wasn't mad or anything, it was more of one of those silly observations you make when reading. I knew exactly what you meant, it just sounded funny(haha)because of the wording. If I was really offended I wouldn't have posted the thread. I just wanted to get you a little attention and try and get people out to the show early to maybe discover some new music. Thanx for posting and clearing up any misconceptions anyone may have had. I could tell from the first post that you really are a TRue fan. Oh and welcome aBOARD!!
PJK Posted - 02/16/2006 : 9:54:42 PM
OK Jack, you're forgiven! I will be at the show and I expect you to put on a stellar performance!.......ummmmm no pressure! j/k

Seriously, I am looking forward to hearing you perform and I have no doubt I will enjoy it. I am glad you are changing your comment on your web site because it just sounded bad. I'm really glad you posted here, welcome!

jackodills Posted - 02/16/2006 : 8:54:32 PM
Hello Everyone! I just thought that I would chime in on what you commented on here! First off, Fluffy thank you a lot for checking me out...and I completely agree, that my wording in the comment was very off base, and I will surely change it! Opening for TR is going to be the experience of a lifetime, and something I will make the most of!! Hopefully, others will enjoy the sound of my music...which brings me to Matt...excellent website...I can tell that you are very knowledged on the guitar, and will hopefully go far. I know i'm being pegged as the "local guy" but my credentials stack up well enough to make me worthy of the gig. I have opened for a lot of national bands such as Rusted Root, Graham Colton, Pat McGee, and Maroon 5. The great thing is that I have already pre-sold over 200 tix for the show. I really want the evening to be an intense, mind blowing experience that everyone will remember...mainly because Tim will do what he does best and do things on a guitar that most have never seen!! As far as my playing style, I am a singer/songwriter...i was a classical guitar major in college, and i certainly am knowleged on the guitar...just not the way Tim and Matt are. (not my style of playing) Anyway, I hope to at least entertain you for the little while I perform, and maybe even get to meet you all!! Take care, and thanks for your input on the website fluffy, it will be adjusted!!

jack
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 02/10/2006 : 8:02:13 PM
Pam, you can always come out to State College!
Lancaster wasn't my call; before I could get the date under control, they hired the local guy (who doesn't really seem like a guitar-complimentary act, but whatever, we'll see).

No matter who the opener is, TIM will come on and twist our brains into funkadelic triple helices.
PJK Posted - 02/09/2006 : 9:35:32 PM
Damn, you mean you could have opened at Lancaster Matt? That really pisses me off. I would have loved to have heard you play again and I was telling Mike (of Soko) all about you. I really wanted him to hear you perform!

I am so bummed!
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 02/09/2006 : 7:48:27 PM
Damn, I was really hoping for that one.
PJK Posted - 02/09/2006 : 6:44:11 PM
HAHAHAHA so this is who will be opening at the Lancaster show?

He had me on the first quote, and lost me on the second.

Wonder how much he will suck up to TR to try to get help opening for DMB? LOL

Unless something unforseen happens, I will be at the Lancaster show. Mike said he is coming up for it too! Should be fun.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000