Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Thoughts/Pictures from Seattle

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 02/08/2006 : 1:03:50 PM
My girlfriend and I have been wanting to take a vacation together for a while now, but it is tough with our schedules (school/work etc...) but it looks like the ball might be rolling for a week in Seattle the last week of March. We chose Seattle because it is one place that neither of us have been, but have both always wanted to go. Also, the music museum is there, which we both want to visit, we are both coffee hounds, and we both love overcast rainy weather (which never happens in So. Cal.) so it seems like a natural winner!

Anyone here from there, live there, or been there have any tips/suggestions/ideas?

17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Robin Posted - 04/20/2006 : 9:45:25 PM
Well it's so very nice to be wanted...I'll be at Santa Cruz and S.F. for sure. Mill Valley is a maybe, I didn't get tix for that because I just don't know if I can do it yet. I'd love to have done the whole CA tour. I am definately going to do it if TR comes back the same route. I was dying to fly out for the AZ shows. I love Tuscon. Next TIMe, as my life gets ever more free. Have an amazing TIMe Arthen and everyone.Peace, Robin
Arthen Posted - 04/20/2006 : 6:48:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by apr.70

Hey :)

Robin, are you going to the Chico show? I'm going to try to make it down there with a friend of mine. She reminds me of you a bit. Hope to see you there. :)

April~

Don't know if it matters, but I'll be there! I was hoping Robin would come myself.
KevinLesko Posted - 04/20/2006 : 4:23:35 PM
Robin, I totally hear you about the streets feeling safe. One of my favorite things to do is to go for night time walks. Something about it being night, and cold, really alows me to clear my mind, and be at peace. Anyways, I think it was the second night we were there Tiffany was feeling a bit sick, and didn't want to risk being sick while we were there, so she took some medecine and went to bed really early. I went out for a walk by myself, a tourist in a foreign place, and felt perfectly safe the entire time. Even the bums were polite about asking for money for pete's sake!!!
apr.70 Posted - 04/14/2006 : 12:37:43 AM
Hey :)

Just on a lunch break and read the thread. I work in Seattle and LOVE it!!! It is a very safe feeling city..yes, people are friendly. The rain doesn't bother me because I know without it, this place wouldn't be as beautiful.

I got the chance to meet TIM, Fuffy, Rew, and Robin last fall when they were in town for a couple shows. I had a great time, and I'm glad to hear that Robin enjoyed it.

Robin, are you going to the Chico show? I'm going to try to make it down there with a friend of mine. She reminds me of you a bit. Hope to see you there. :)

April~
Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2006 : 9:01:22 PM
Great PICS KEV!! I have pic of CW standing in almost the same spot you are in front of the Public Market sign. It took us forever to take cause we kept having to wait for the traffic flow to be just right. Looks like it was a helluva trip. I was surprised to see you in a music store. On your day off no less. LOL So when you moving to Seattle? "I might be moving to 'Seattle' soon...to raise me up a crop of dental floss!"
Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2006 : 9:00:22 PM
(posted by Robin)
quote:
Posted - 04/13/2006 : 7:13:06 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience. I went last Sept. to see TR and I loved it there. If he plays there again I'd go back. My experience was similar the people are really friendly. Did you get to Pike Place market? That was really cool and they had a couple of incredible cheese tasting shops and tons of great produce. Plus it's a very woman friendly city, you can walk alone at night and feel safe. I was surprised. My only issue was that it was too gray for me. Even on the sunny days it didn't feel warm enough. I'd love to hike and do some nature type things next trip.Glad it was good for ya! Peace, Robin

Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2006 : 8:59:01 PM
(posted by enthuTIMsiast)
quote:
Posted - 04/13/2006 : 7:10:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

Down here, most people wouldn't be caught dead on the bus...
My impression of the LA bus system was that if I was caught on the bus, I might end up dead.
quote:
Finally, I came to the conclusion that beards are a necessity.
Late bloomer.

Thanks for the report! I hope I get to go there someday. Even just the name of it has a great ring to it. Seattle. I want to go.

Now I look at your pictures.

*edit* Awesome pictures! I like the beard, and your hair is the perfect length! Virgin must be treating you well. :)
Fluffy Posted - 04/13/2006 : 8:56:34 PM
(posted by KevinLesko)
quote:
Posted - 04/13/2006 : 4:31:49 PM

Finally a day off to post about my recent vacation!

First off... Seattle was really great. Many distinct impressions... but moreso that it made me look at Los Angeles in a totally different way. I've always heard the jokes that LA is so detached, and all about image... but sometimes it is tough to see that until you remove yourself. In Seattle, I couldn't help but notice how friendly everyone was. For god's sake strangers were talking to us. Around here, if you talk to someone you don't know, they either think you want something from them, or they pretend like you don't even exisit, like it is below them to even aknowledge your existence. Similarly, people up there aren't as into themselves. Down here, I see girls wearing mini skirts freezing their asses off because they care more about looking hot than anything else. I didn't see that at all in Seattle. Similarly, I noticed that everyone from business men, to college kids, to homeless were riding the bus systems. Down here, most people wouldn't be caught dead on the bus....again an image thing. One of the funiest things I noticed was the drinking scene. I looked around the bars and I found it soooo strange that all of the girls were drinking beer. I NEVER see that here. Tiffany ordered the most basic girly mixed drink at one bar and they didn't know what it was. And the prices were right, no $9 drinks in Seattle!!! Finally, I came to the conclusion that beards are a necessity.

My favorite part was just walking around town, especially at night. We did the underground tour, took a bay cruise/tour, and most of the tourist stuff. We also went up to the University and walked around up there. Very nice. If you check out the pictures, you'll notice a picture of a chili restraunt, those who know me know that I love chili, and I was so excited when I saw this place. It had news clippings all over the windows about how it was world famous and wins all kinds of chili cook-offs, but just my luck, there was also a note on the door about how the chef was injured, and it was temporarily closed while he was out. BUMMER!!!

Here is a link to some pictures I took, only a portion of the hundreds I took, but a good assortment I think. You should be able to do a slideshow. Enjoy:

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/astralpuke/Seattle/

KevinLesko Posted - 04/03/2006 : 01:53:06 AM
Hey now! I'm back home. Trip was awesome, Seattle is a great city. I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I've got to jump right back into the mix of things, so I'll have to wait a few days, until I get a second to post pictures and give a real review.
Arthen Posted - 03/27/2006 : 2:06:03 PM
Plus there's a park dedicated to Jimi Hendrix.
OnlySuperstition Posted - 03/27/2006 : 1:59:44 PM
I have not been there myself but I saw special on Seattl recently. Seattle is considered one of the best places to live in America (assuming that exists). It has a very high pay to low cost of living ratio. My parents best friends used to live there and one hated it the other loved it. It does rain a lot but it is very artsy and hippie ish. Let us know how your trip went. I myself would like to get out there at some point.

Not sure how into Cobain you are but there is probably some sort of shrine or site to see.

Have fun
Arthen Posted - 03/27/2006 : 02:52:16 AM
Have a good time, don't spend too much money!
KevinLesko Posted - 03/26/2006 : 2:32:50 PM
Leaving early tomorrow morning. See you guys in a week or so, hopefully with tons of pictures and stories!!!
KevinLesko Posted - 03/12/2006 : 5:48:09 PM
**Update** Plane tickets have been purchased, hotel reservations have been made, and work vacations have been placed! We are going! We leave on Monday March 27th, and return on Saturday April 1st. Keep those reccomendations and stories coming!
rdj218 Posted - 02/09/2006 : 1:49:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JoshMartin

Kevin...you will not want to go back home...so be prepared for that. Seattle is where my heart is, but for now I am stuck in Tejas dealing with the rednecks until I eventually end up in the Pacific Northwest.

It's true, you'll get hooked on the NorthWest. I lived there for a little less than a year and left part of my heart there!! I actually love the cold, drizzly weather, probably cause I'm a coffee addict and cold weather is great with hot coffee.
I would recomend a fairy ride, or two[:D, to the San Juan Islands. If you like clams and oyters you have to get some from the San Juan's--the best clams i've ever had were from San Juan Islands. Pike Place Market is a must too. If you like to fish, or to just go for walks on the beach, any beachs from Seattle up tp Mukilteo are Super sweet.
The Music Museum's cool too... I could go on and on but those are my favorite things to do there.
I hope you get to go!!!

JoshMartin Posted - 02/08/2006 : 3:23:56 PM
Kevin...you will not want to go back home...so be prepared for that. Seattle is where my heart is, but for now I am stuck in Tejas dealing with the rednecks until I eventually end up in the Pacific Northwest.

I usually make it up to Seattle a couple of times a year, I spent last christmas in Seattle and I am always looking for a break to get back. Its the overall "vibe" that I enjoy most. Its hard to explain but I am sure you will understand when you visit. It seems as if music is on every corner.

If you have time, I would also suggest making a trip up to Mount Baker for some snowboarding, its amazing! If you enjoy Nature...this is a must.

The experience music project is great, you will enjoy it. Also, Pike Place market is a great place to visit on your first trip. If you are a coffee hound and like Starbucks...visit the original Starbucks store next to the Market.

Have a great time and let me know what you think. Hopefully one day in the future I can catch a TR performance in Seattle, that would be the icing on the cake!

JoshMartin

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 02/08/2006 : 1:29:56 PM
Haven't been, but that's somewhere I want to go desperately. I can't wait until when I do. Have fun!!!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000