Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Take care of your body

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Silky The Pimp Posted - 02/05/2006 : 03:57:53 AM
Just thought I'd drop in for a second and let you all know what's been going on with me and why I haven't been around in a while. Unfortunately, to say that this has been a rough patch in my life would be a bit of an understatement.

The short version is... I've come down with an infection that has abscessed in a very sensitive part of my body. I had to have surgery to try and drain it about 2 weeks ago, however it didn't get to the root of the infection, so I had to go in for a second surgery this past Friday. Unfortunately, because of the location of the infection and the severe amount of pain from both the infection and the subsequent surgeries, I've been unable to stand, sit, or walk for about a month now. Also unfortunate, the surgery from Friday has a pretty long recovery time so it sounds like I'm still several weeks away from seeing any major improvement, and these next few weeks are going to be some of the toughest yet.

Needless to say, I've been keeping my computer time very limited as sitting is not an option and standing can be very painful, but I know how we all like to keep up on each other on this board so I thought I'd tough out a few minutes of standing to keep you all up to date.

I certainly hope this post finds you all in better health than myself at the moment, and I hope that this second surgery will have been enough to get me healthy so I can get back on my feet. Take care of yourselves!

27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LizT Posted - 04/22/2006 : 09:34:23 AM
Thank you again Pam! I'll try to make TIMe to write you today since you have a busy day!
PJK Posted - 04/20/2006 : 11:14:56 PM
LIZ WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

Oh how I missed you! How are you? This definitely made my night, my week, my.....you get the idea! PLEASE EMAIL ME!!!!!!!!
LizT Posted - 04/20/2006 : 10:16:59 PM
Oh my, I am so guilty of fading away.... There are so many new people here. Pam you have struck a nerve, my sincere apologies. Jeff I sure hope you are healing.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 04/19/2006 : 08:08:01 AM
Teri, you and I must have been reading the thread at the EXACT same moment. It's kismet.

Hope to see you around soon, Silk-Dog.
tericee Posted - 04/19/2006 : 08:06:50 AM
Glad to hear it. :)
PJK Posted - 04/19/2006 : 07:05:17 AM
I got an email from Jeff today. He is doing much better, but still not 100% yet. I am sure he will get back on board as soon as he can. He is back to work and catching up with things he put on hold while he will healing.

Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 04/12/2006 : 10:33:58 PM
Shit, sorry for the slow-mo post, but hang in there, Silky. A heartfelt get-well.

If you'd like man, check out my sig, I'll send you some TR DVDs to watch or something while you recover, on me.
Arthen Posted - 04/12/2006 : 5:43:27 PM
It always seemed to me that people came on, would stick around, and drift away. Hell, I didn't make a solid contribution for about a year, the first year I came to my university, I just read the threads when I could.

Anyways, hope Silky is doing better now.
tericee Posted - 04/12/2006 : 2:22:45 PM
PJK Posted - 04/12/2006 : 10:20:54 AM
Ya know it occurs to me that I need to email Silky myself and not rely on this message board for information. This board is no longer the "small family" it was years ago. I tend to forget that. Back then I felt a closeness to so many who posted here. Sadly those feelings no longer exist. Back then the response and caring for one of our own on here would have been overwhelming. Now, people simply fade away and are forgotten. I wonder if anyone besides myself even remembered about Jeff? Bummer.
PJK Posted - 04/11/2006 : 11:36:15 PM
OK, it has been over a month and no word from Silky that I know of. I even went on the "members" page to see when he posted last.

SILKY ARE YOU OUT THERE.....ARE YOU ALRIGHT? anyone hear from him?

Arthen Posted - 03/07/2006 : 12:32:21 AM
quote:
Originally posted by peewee_zz

quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Silky knows and feels all...

...in a very sensitive part of his body, Sadly.

Telepathy to a new zone. The Erogenous zone.
peewee_zz Posted - 03/06/2006 : 10:10:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

...in a very sensitive part of his body, Sadly.
Arthen Posted - 03/06/2006 : 8:55:09 PM
peewee_zz Posted - 03/06/2006 : 7:16:32 PM
Well wishes and simpaties. This message board is full of the most supportive group of friends/strangers...

One thing that I'd like to point out. If silky is not able to get to the computer, how is he going to see our well wishes?
Arthen Posted - 02/25/2006 : 9:23:25 PM
Yeah, hope everything is going better.

I recently had an aunt go into the hospital. She has diabetes and is literally falling apart, so that's all the warning I needed. In the past week I've cut out all soda and caffeine, started working out hardcore, and am trying to eat less and healthier.
PJK Posted - 02/25/2006 : 8:14:51 PM
It's been three weeks since you posted, Jeff. Are you any better? I've been thinking about you and sending healing vibes your way. Hope to see you posting on here real soon!
Robin Posted - 02/16/2006 : 12:37:42 PM
I didn't see this when it was first posted,my thoughts for healing are with you too.I hope you feel better really soon, Peace, Robin
AGirlNamedPsycho Posted - 02/16/2006 : 12:43:05 AM
I know I'm about a week late in chiming in here but I've had a couple of abcesses in the last year... my fiancee had EIGHT in the same span and no one can tell us why she got them or why I got any; despite our close proximity they're not supposed to be easily communicable. Either way, they are probably the most painful form of sickness I have ever endured. By now you have probably started to recover; I don't know how well surgery deals with abcesses as we dealt with ours using tweezers and hydrogen peroxide (yay poverty) but in any event my prayers go out to you.
Fluffy Posted - 02/07/2006 : 2:05:43 PM
Hey Silky, I am so sorry to hear about your ailment. I hope you are on a swift and painless recovery. As I unpack at my digs if I come across the Silky the Pimp doll I will ship if off to you to snuggle with in your TIMe of distress. When I feel like shit I know music helps get me thru both emotionally and physically. MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC hopefully it will help you as well. Drop me a line if you want to chat or if you need anything. My prayers are with ya!

PEACE and most of all GOOD HEALTH my friend!
dan p. Posted - 02/07/2006 : 12:31:30 PM
good luck, man. anything where it hurts to sit down is a miserable state of affairs.
tericee Posted - 02/06/2006 : 04:24:38 AM
Silky, it sounds like you may be able to watch TV and stuff, but it sounds like Kevin's mom can't. Either way, may I suggest audiobooks to those who are bored out of their skull but can't move around much. I've been listening to the Narnia series as read by various British actors and it is great!
KevinLesko Posted - 02/05/2006 : 4:58:22 PM
Silky, what shitty news. If you can't sit or stand, does that mean you are stuck in bed all day? On your stomach or back? I'm really sory to hear that, but I know how you feel. It was abou a yea ago to the date that I fractured my collar-bone, and couldn't do anything, and last month my mom suffered a detatched retna in he eye...she has to just sit aound all day with her head forward to keep liquid in her eye after sugery... she said she can't stand the monotony, and for me I couldn't stand being helpless. I literally had to ask for help opening the cap for my pain pills. In other words, I know you are probably going through some boring and frustrating times, but hang in there, and you'll get over it eventually.
Arthen Posted - 02/05/2006 : 12:36:41 PM
I second the statements above. Hope you get better soon, you still can listen to music and stuff right? If so, hope that helps get you through.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 02/05/2006 : 10:53:04 AM
Holy shit Silky, I hope you get better VERY SOON!! !!
PJK Posted - 02/05/2006 : 08:13:21 AM
SILKY GET WELL SOON!

I will be sending prayers and healing vibes your way. I agree, take care of your body, its the only one you've got! I sure hope they are giving you some good pain killers!
tericee Posted - 02/05/2006 : 07:35:10 AM
Silky, I'm so sorry to hear about your infection -- and the pain! :( Hang in there. I hope you're able to make a complete recovery!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000