Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 StickWorld Podcast

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SurferX Posted - 01/30/2006 : 11:05:12 PM
Hey everyone...

I'm starting up a new podcast called the "StickWorld Podcast". Basically, it's a podcast devoted to the Chapman Stick. Of course, one of the featured artists will be Greg Howard, but I'll also be playing other Stick artists, plus I'll be reporting the latest in Chapman Stick news (including performance and CD reviews).

So, if you want...You can check out either of the two links (they're the same)

http://www.stickworldpodcast.com/

-or-

http://www.zakwinnick.com/stick/ (If the first one doesn't work)

If you don't have an iPod or iTunes, it's ok. You can still download the show. It's just an mp3!
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arthen Posted - 02/07/2006 : 11:10:55 AM
I'm looking forward to checking this out when I get home from work/school.
SurferX Posted - 02/07/2006 : 12:51:40 AM
For anyone that cares...I've posted the first full show of the StickWorld Podcast. It's #002.

http://www.stickworldpodcast.com/

Thanks for listening!
Arthen Posted - 02/03/2006 : 2:27:14 PM
Just took a listen last night, I liked it. Kind of like a do-it-yourself (no Tim pun intended) NPR. I'm interested to keep listening.
SurferX Posted - 02/02/2006 : 7:53:32 PM
Go back to the website (www.stickworldpodcast.com) and then look for the post for the show (hint: it's the first one, so it's on the bottom of the page). Look for the link next to "(mp3". It should work then...Let me know...
Arthen Posted - 02/01/2006 : 2:19:11 PM
Okay, you said there was a way I could download it without iTunes, is that still a possibility?
SurferX Posted - 02/01/2006 : 11:58:39 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Pardon my ignorance, but I was looking around and didn't find anything to download. Did I miss a link or is the first show yet to happen?

The 1st post at the bottom of the site has the link. You'll see the title of the post, and then you'll see it again. Just click on the 2nd title. Also, you can subscribe to it in iTunes. Just search for "Chapman Stick".

quote:

Personally I love the stick, was it hard getting into it? Tony Levin and Greg Howard my favorites, but I look forward to hearing some new stick stuff.

Greg was the reason I got into playing the Stick (heard him on Dreaming Tree by DMB, of course). He's been a HUGE inspiration to me, especially on his new CD, Ether Ore. But, him, T-Lev, Don Schiff, and Steve Adelson are my favorite.

Learning to play the Stick was a little tricky at first, but only because it was my first string instrument (I'm mainly a percussionist and a horn player), but I picked up Greg's instruction book and it made my life 100x easier. It helped that there is also a companion CD to go along with it!

Anyway, if you listen to the show, you'll hear that everyone in the community is so great and they are always willing to help everyone. I guess you can say that this podcast is my way of giving back to them.

If any of you guys need help listening to the show, let me know and I'll help you out.
KevinLesko Posted - 02/01/2006 : 11:17:27 AM
quote:
Was that where Truthiness was the word of the year?

Ding Ding, it's official! We read the same nerdy stories!!!
Arthen Posted - 02/01/2006 : 04:11:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

Sweet, I'll have to check that out. I recently read that "Podcast" was officially added into the American lexicon last year.

Was that where Truthiness was the word of the year?
KevinLesko Posted - 02/01/2006 : 01:21:19 AM
Sweet, I'll have to check that out. I recently read that "Podcast" was officially added into the American lexicon last year.
Arthen Posted - 01/31/2006 : 9:01:00 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but I was looking around and didn't find anything to download. Did I miss a link or is the first show yet to happen?

Personally I love the stick, was it hard getting into it? Tony Levin and Greg Howard my favorites, but I look forward to hearing some new stick stuff.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000