Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 worst gig experiences?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dan p. Posted - 01/21/2006 : 7:02:19 PM
i thought maybe we could share some stories about things that happened while playing or attending shows. so. . .let's hear it.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rdj218 Posted - 01/29/2006 : 2:59:47 PM
I do live painting shows, i don't know if this counts, and at the beginning of the night, only one quarter into my painting, a guy walks up to me and says, "That painting looks like someone threw up a subway sandwich all over it."

I've heard a lot of critiques but that was the most offensive I've ever heard and it was before I was even finished. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry...it did put a wrinkle in my che though!

rubylith Posted - 01/24/2006 : 09:09:30 AM
this one time...

I was up all night and my friend came to pick me up because I was going to fill in for his partner on stage. She couldn't make it....so he came right form a wedding all dressed up...and I have been up ALL night I was in a wife beater and army fatigues. I threw a white shirt on a left.

So we get to this sad..sad venue and the owner is like..."Who ah yous guys!?"

we are like "we are the band we are playing here tonight"

pretty much his band cancelled and he thought it was a great "another" band showed up, even though it was booked for months.

So then hes like, "well how do I knows if yous ah any good?"
"my crowd doesn't likes just anythings, they like good modern rock! If you guys suck they will throw bottles at you"

so I say crudely, "yea we will do freebird and stairway back to back all night long, through in some creed"

so the owners like "Yea that would be great!" "Im not a musician but I know music, I know whats good I have been listening to music for 10 years now"

I couldn't believe it...

so basically we needed to TRYOUT for our own show, im ready to just leave this dump at this point...but I said fuck it its $200 so we went back into the back o fthe kitchen all cramped with the owner (douchebag deluxe) and his co-worker who he said "has a great ear for the music"...

so we end up rocking out this django reinhardt song...haha blew his fucking mind and he let us play.

So now the whole time im worried that the crowd is going to hate us...haha but it was cool...we did a country version of Welcome to the Jungle and people went nuts by the end.

It was very unnecessary.
Zachmozach Posted - 01/23/2006 : 11:27:54 PM
Playing the chicken with two kits on a blistered index finger. I couldn't crank the amp up loud enough and until the drum break I was pulling so damn hard on those strings just trying to be heard. All that was going through my mind was damn this hurts.

It's either that or the time I played at this local jazz club and got stuck sitting on my amp right in front of the trumpets right next to the tromboners because the stage was so small. Damn the trumpets hit their first note and I about jumped over the sax section. Plus I think my ears started to bleed, but then they came down a little since I think they thought the room was going to be really dead at first sound wise. That and I couldn't hear myself worth shit.
Fluffy Posted - 01/22/2006 : 1:36:34 PM
Luckily nothing pops to mind to top the ones already talked about. Thats pretty kewl considering how long ago these shows happened. Ahhh the memories......

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=925
Arthen Posted - 01/22/2006 : 05:11:00 AM
My buddy and I were performing an hour set at this festival day thing at my school, and at the end of the second song "Sweet Jane" he broke a string. The only back up we had was my old Epiphone with really shitty old strings. It didn't sound too bad but wasn't as good as it began.
therippa Posted - 01/21/2006 : 7:34:51 PM
Worst that ever happened to me at a show was a loose connection in the wire, so my guitar kept cutting out whenever the singer stepped on it.

Other than that, before the first show I played I took the speakers I rented and set them up at home to get them dialed in. I couldn't get sound out of them, so I was messing around with the switches on the back. I hit the wrong one and got like 130db of feedback into one of my ears...couldn't hear out of that ear for like an hour and was really worried it would carry on until we played.

As for worst show, I went to go see some band play at a club out here with a friend. They were set to go on at 11:00, but didn't even get on to the stage until 1:00. Bars in california close at 2. They played about 3 minutes then someone chucked a bottle at the lead signer. He stopped and proceded to make a threat that anyone who would like to meet him out back to fight right at that moment was more than welcome. The band was no where near popular enough to treat the audience like that.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000