Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Two Bits of News

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PJK Posted - 01/07/2006 : 10:36:13 AM
Good News/Bad News.....doing the bad first.

First a very sad note. Bryan Harvey, from the band House of Freaks, was brutally murdered New Years Day along with his wife and daughters ages 9 and 4 at their Richmond VA home. Hard to understand the mentality of the person(s) who did this.

Secondly, the good news. Soko will be doing a live gig in Charlottesville sometime in April or May of this year. If all goes well, and I have no doubt that it will, more gigs will follow. All I know now is that it will most likely be held at Gravity Lounge on a Wed. or Thurs. night. I will post as soon as a definite date is confirmed. Soko is now a duo consisting of Mike Sokolowski and Houston Ross. I am planning on attending and hope to see some of you there. The producer of Soko's first CD, In November Sunlight, was a good friend of Bryan Harvey and also worked with him and House of Freaks.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KevinLesko Posted - 01/10/2006 : 11:18:23 PM
Great news about Soko playing live. Since I won't be there I'll be living through your review! (and recordings, and pics...)
Arthen Posted - 01/08/2006 : 3:16:48 PM
Glad to hear the show will be recorded. I look forward to some live interpretations of the songs from Two.

And thanks for the link to the news story. What a horrible act, I hope both of the families of those poor people are coping as best they can.
PJK Posted - 01/08/2006 : 08:56:27 AM
Hey Arthen! The motive was robbery, or so they are saying now. I saw the video of them catching the monsters last night and they said they found things linking them to both family murders

What is upsetting to me is that the Harveys were a wonderful, happy young family. These monsters took them, bound them and slit their throats! Ruby was only 4 and Stella 9 for god sakes! Poor Stella had just come home from a NYE sleep over. I will list the link below if you want to read more. The whole thing just makes me sick and I can't seem to shake it out of my mind. There was mention on our local news, but not in the article, that Ashley, the 21 year old girl from the other family that was murdered, had dated one of these guys. If so, it makes me wonder why they hit the Harvey family, was it random or was there some connection?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/V/VA_RICHMOND_SLAYINGS_VAOL-?SITE=VARIT&SECTION=US

As for Soko, damned straight it will be recorded! I will make sure of that!
Arthen Posted - 01/07/2006 : 10:10:06 PM
Any word on the motive of the killings? Hopefully there is one.

Glad to hear the other part about Soko, I'd love to catch a live gig. Hopefully it'll be recorded.
PJK Posted - 01/07/2006 : 9:37:44 PM
Update on the Harvey murders. They caught the motherfuckers who murdered the Harveys (and murdered a family of 3 in Richmond last night), in Philadelphia of all places. This is totally freaking me out as I live just outside of Philadelphia!
Robin Posted - 01/07/2006 : 12:16:49 PM
Hey Pam, I wondered where you'd gone, I was about to e-mail ya! Thanks for the info (not the bad of course).I like In November Sunlight a lot, and got it on your recommendation. Wish I could check ou the show...have fun, Peace, Robin

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000