Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Domestic Spying

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zachmozach Posted - 12/20/2005 : 3:04:33 PM
Well, I was a little surprised no one has brought it up here, but is this not completely crazy?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dan p. Posted - 12/24/2005 : 11:57:15 PM
it's not just about being brainwashed. we're not all brainwashed. you're not. i'm not. you're not taking into account the people who don't care because they're so well fucked, systematically, that this shit enters no equation in their lives. powerful politicians gaining more power. rich men lining their pockets with oil money? it loses meaning. how does it effect a kid who's only realistic goal is to not die that day. these are kids who get in knife fights on the street over basketball games, men and women who don't have a bed in whatever gritty little space they call their "apartment" and sleep on the floor with the rats. to them, all your theories and political and societal concerns are just so much bullshit in a world of bullshit that passed them by long ago. these people aren't brainwashed. they've just had the caring beaten out of them by life.
Zachmozach Posted - 12/24/2005 : 1:25:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by rubylith

DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE WERE MORE PIZZAS ORDER ON THE NIGHT OF THE IRAQ INVASION THEN ANY OTHER NIGHT IN HISTORY!?

Funny thing is that I uh actually did order a pizza that night. I remember because I was at a friends house and we got the pizza, but I didn't really have much of an appetite that night.
rubylith Posted - 12/24/2005 : 06:14:14 AM
so it adds up, first let me just say again this IS NOT NEW..you see the left is pissed at bush and even the right and everyone for that matter because of their disturbing secrets BUT what is EVEN MORE DISTURBING AND THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA WONT FOCUS ON because they have their aim on Bush(who I would never defend( IS THAT CARTER, REAGAN, NIXON, CLINTON, BUSH I have been doing this....the CIA, FBI, NSA, ATF these are corrupt criminal massive organizations and people just focus on that....DO NOT FOCUS WHEN TELLING SOMEONE ABOUT THIS....DO NOT FOCUS ON BUSH since we all agree hes a scumbag but PEOPLE HAVE TO REALIZE THAT THEY WERE DUPED AND THEY ARE STILL BEING DUPED and jesus christ will MSNBC fucking do a real 9/11 investigation story...

all of these things are right there in front of everyone, but most people dont care, they attach themselves to some meaningless statistic from sports or obsess with celebrities and television, or spew hatred all over the streets to cover their inner sadness, the ignorant are not to blame, sure if someone is like "WHAT IRAQ IS A GOOD THING BLAH BLAH THIS IS FOR OUR FREEDOM" when speaking to someone like that you have to realize it isn;t their fault for not knowing shit because they have been brainwashed, hell WE ALL HAVE!

DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE WERE MORE PIZZAS ORDER ON THE NIGHT OF THE IRAQ INVASION THEN ANY OTHER NIGHT IN HISTORY!?

go down........

yea you thought about that right, that would be a crazy statistic but no one is counting the fucking pizzas.

here is some more on the story i got off track, look how they focus on Bush so it jus divides everyone and then they add the spin(msnbc link) that they are doing it to fight terrorism:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2005/12/23/wiretaps_said_to_sift_all_overseas_contacts?mode=PF

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10592932/

http://www.spacewar.com/2005/051223212900.w1pg6r08.html

Zachmozach Posted - 12/22/2005 : 12:27:02 PM
The thing is, that this is not really about domestic spying, and I hope everyone realizes this. Like rubylith said, they've been doing it for a while. What this is about is coming out with this, to which congress responds with an investigation, and the ACLU sues and all that until it gets to the supreme court with the new appointees where they give the president constitutional authority.

Nixon tried this whole thing before. Basically he said if I am protecting the country like the consitution says I can secretly spy on people because I'm claiming national security. If this goes through presidents will have so much more power from now on.
dan p. Posted - 12/21/2005 : 6:43:06 PM
i'm glad you mentioned people other than bush doing it. i had suspected that your conspiracy theories stemmed from the fact that you plain don't like conservatives. and while i understand that sentiment, it's good to see you accusing pretty much all the presidents of it. that sort of disregard of political parties is what i like to see. for what it's worth, that gives you some points in my book.

although i will say this. if things like videogames and tv are "mind-control" then we might as well face the truth. if videogames or tv has managed to control your mind, you weren't fucking using it anyway. i play videogames a lot. i watch me some tv, too. they're hobbies. yeah, i've sat down and played more hours straight of a game than i'd care to admit, but that's rare. and i'm not buying any old fuckin game that comes out because games have a hold on my mind. i'm buying games i know are fun. same with tv. selectivity.
rubylith Posted - 12/21/2005 : 09:06:38 AM
Clinton did it, Bush did, in fact most administrations did it in the last 50 years....it IS wrong, but pretty much there is NO law for our politicians and there IS NO hope.

We just sit back sucking down our kraft poison, get flu shots, watching tv mind control, listening to corporate music, read mainstream news, drive cars with EZ PAss, use cellphones which can monitor where you go, use credit cards, use self checkout....one of us has done atleast one of those....

if we REALLY wanted this country to continue on, we would STOP but then we wouldn't progress...we are a police state and a survellience state...and they will install a democrat next, like HIlary, who will be just as, if not more, brutal than Bush ever wished to be.

These people just aren't human.
Arthen Posted - 12/21/2005 : 03:41:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

I'm more concerned about the abducting of people from other nations and interrogating them for months at a time.

i'm not. i suppose while i couldn't say in total honesty i'm concerned about that or the domestic spying, i can say that between the two of them, the spying thing bothers me more. it just seems, you know, invasive. i mean, yeah, if they were spied on me, they'd read emails filled with dubious claims about my biceps and off-color humor, they'd tap phone calls between me and my girl, and probably find what i beat off to on my computer. they're not going to bother me for any of that shit, but some things i just want kept to myself.

If what I 'd "Beat off to" had any impact upon any policy, that be the biggest impact upon the goverment I ever had.
dan p. Posted - 12/20/2005 : 11:28:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

I'm more concerned about the abducting of people from other nations and interrogating them for months at a time.

i'm not. i suppose while i couldn't say in total honesty i'm concerned about that or the domestic spying, i can say that between the two of them, the spying thing bothers me more. it just seems, you know, invasive. i mean, yeah, if they were spied on me, they'd read emails filled with dubious claims about my biceps and off-color humor, they'd tap phone calls between me and my girl, and probably find what i beat off to on my computer. they're not going to bother me for any of that shit, but some things i just want kept to myself.
Arthen Posted - 12/20/2005 : 10:50:44 PM
Zachmozach Posted - 12/20/2005 : 10:45:21 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/16/AR2005121600021.html

Ah yes, I suppose I should have mentioned something more about. As the article states, Bush has authorized domestic spying. Meaning he says we don't give a shit about the constitution, and we don't need warrants we will spy on who we want when we want.
dan p. Posted - 12/20/2005 : 8:03:56 PM
it depends. mostly on what are you talking about. for those of us who aren't familiar with that phrase.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000