Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Driving High

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tericee Posted - 12/06/2005 : 03:23:22 AM
Give this a read and see what you think:

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/12/03/220202.php

I really enjoyed it, but a friend of mine wrote it so I'm biased...

teri :)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 12/11/2005 : 7:40:44 PM
I am with Zach, I drive mighty quick when I am sober, but when I get stoned, I drive EXACTLY the speed limit, and straight as an arrow. I don't think about the driving so much, my brain just does it. It's nice, considering how much of my life has been spent driving a car since I turned 18 almost 7 years ago; which has been around 250,000 miles in those 7 years.
Jay Posted - 12/09/2005 : 10:00:32 PM
I like smoking a coupla rox and then gettin behind the wheel of my Chevelle. No, rox = bad. But driving high, while under law you are "Impaired" isn't at all like driving drunk. While drunk, you are beligerant-an utter ass for lack of a better term. Whilst High, you are empowered. Er uh. No. Driving while high is like aderol before a midterm. Sorry, this doesn't make any sense cause I'm sober.
Zachmozach Posted - 12/09/2005 : 5:25:04 PM
In all honesty I always thought I drove better high, not because I would react quicker or anything like that because I'm sure that if I got really stoned I would be impared, but a small bowl before driving mellowed me out so much, that I would tend to relax and drive less like an asshole. The things that usually bothered me about driving melted away and I'd just turn up the music and drive.
guitarisPIMP Posted - 12/07/2005 : 4:40:37 PM
Marijuana doesn't come close to the impairment levels of alcohol. Any impairment, if any, is most likely all in the person's mind who could be freaking out, or could be from an adverse reactiom from some other drug or medicine taken. I myself have driven high before and have yet to make a single traffic violation or just general fuck-up on the road. The only difference in my driving that I notice is that being more paranoid, I get the feeling like "fuck...im driving high. dont fuck up." But besides the possible marijuana paranoia nervousness, there is no noticeable effect.
therippa Posted - 12/07/2005 : 1:17:59 PM
I've always thought the difference to be this...

When you drive drunk, you blow through stop signs. When you drive high, you stop for stop signs that don't exist.
dan p. Posted - 12/07/2005 : 01:13:32 AM
i agree with robin mostly. near as i can make it, pot doesn't do nearly the same damage to your relfexs and judgement as alcohol does. i'd have to think that you'd be safe driving under the influence of nothing, but it's not at all like drunk driving. but i'd also like to point out that people who are drunk tend not to "feel impaired."

of course, if you're a woman, then i suppose it's a moot point.
Robin Posted - 12/06/2005 : 8:40:49 PM
I have to strongly disagree with the comparison to driving drunk.I can say without a doubt that not everyone who gets stoned on pot is a lazy, sleepy, munchies driven individual. I've been driven around by stoned friends who never once spaced out on the act of driving. I think it's an individual thing how one reacts to any drug, however I believe alcohol is the exception. And driving under the influence of LSD is generally a really bad idea, and pretty near impossible. The whole "marjuana is stronger now" campaign that runs these days... I don't really buy it. While I don't smoke save for a hit here and there at a show, I'd have no problem driving, and I'd recognize if I did, and make the choice not to. I've never felt "impaired" from smoking pot. I'm sure other people have different experiences, but to compare it to drunk driving seems wrong to me. Peace, Robin

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000