Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Physicists forgot about angels...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
guitarisPIMP Posted - 11/25/2005 : 2:29:00 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39512

I have lost all hope for this world.

While we're at it, let's refute the idea of chemistry. It doesn't take into account the fact that Jesus turned water into wine.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
guitarisPIMP Posted - 11/27/2005 : 2:27:29 PM
hahaha man... it even said the onion in the link. and it even had some ridiculous shit about "glitter lung" under the article.

shit happens
PJK Posted - 11/27/2005 : 2:01:18 PM
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Erich

... you guys know its THE ONION right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, voice of sanity!!

Yeah, I fell for it hook, line and sinker. From now on I am going to try to stick to the TR side of the board. Feeling stupid sucks.
tericee Posted - 11/27/2005 : 05:10:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Erich

Thank you, voice of sanity!!
guitarisPIMP Posted - 11/26/2005 : 11:38:44 AM
HAHA yes. i was hoping some people would think it were serious.
Jorgy Posted - 11/26/2005 : 06:39:11 AM
but of course if this topic is made for entertainment only then. Wow, the article does present itself as funny. :)
Jorgy Posted - 11/26/2005 : 06:32:54 AM
Ok. Yes this article is written on the extreme, religious point of view, but yet at the same TIMe it does bring up questions worth pondering (if you’re religious or not). No matter how far you take/subdivide the unit of matter (living or nonliving or to the quanta), we still don’t know why it (the matter) truly acts the way it does, instead we come up with good theories (mostly I believe to be true), Einstein being the top man, but not undesputidly. Organic Chemistry can tell us all about reactions and why they may take place; sure electron negativity and electron affinity (more of gen chem) can help us determine what will happen in a reaction (and we can draw all that theoritical crap out [I hate reaction schemes]) but it hasn’t yet to give a reason why things present themselves as they do (we're not even close to mapping out the properties of matter). The peridoic table is the tip of the unforseen icebreg. There is still a HUGE, HUGE gap. Esp when it comes to the us (humans). For example, we don’t even know why things taste the way they do (which will hopefully be unraveled someday for the sake of hageen das and hersey’s). Example of the Example(if i can do that), have a chemist draw out WHY something tastes sweet, one time it will be because b/c of a certain placement (alpha, beta, chiral, achiral) atom, molecule, monosaccharide, disccharide, or polysaccharide and/or another TIMe it will be a COMPLETELY different structure orientiated completely different by the simple placement of a single group off of a carbon or carbon chain!!! Nutra Sweet has one of the highest sweetening powers of them all, but we still cannot pinpoint a specific carbon or carbon chain or pyranose ring…BLAH blah blah, that contains its “secret structure” that contains its sweetening power. A lot of forces are unaccounted for; and NOT HOW ANGELS FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!or the falling of the devil, or even the difference between sweet and sour, what I’m partly trying to say is that, a lot of OTHER forces have yet to be accounted for.

I am in NO WAY favor of, “intelligent falling theory” as stated in the article. It sounds ridiculuous to me; but SOMETHING is governing over the way things behave, call that force god, buddha, ghandi, the great unknown, or possibly just "the FORCE" (George Lucas would sell his grandma’s soul if it meant more profit for himself and burger king [the movies are still good)] but that it irrelavent, I hope everyone tries to fathom the possiblity that science cannot (at least not yet) uncover the TRUTH!!! (and thats meant to be the TRUTH about smoking cigarettes).

And the bible says NOTHING about Physics really. Its not a book based on science. Its faith.

My rant and soap box is done (no more Alchol for me). I’m going back to the tab board to try to figure out how to play tim’s version of Courante or his Che. Try to play those beautifal pieces. You should if you play guitar, and if you can make GOOD tabs POST them for betrayal pLEASE. That song Kicks ass I I'm lost on it.
When is Tim coming back to St Louis? Somebody find/make a tab for betrayal?!!! Thanks. I’m passing out now. Buh bi
rubylith Posted - 11/25/2005 : 5:19:15 PM
hahaha that happened to me here one time when someone posted the Onion article about a zombie threat or something...I was like..no fucking way...

nice.
PJK Posted - 11/25/2005 : 3:29:27 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nope LMAO didn't notice that one Erich, usually I would feel pretty foolish, which I do, but I couldn't care less, laughing about it feels too damned good!
Erich Posted - 11/25/2005 : 3:26:35 PM
PJK Posted - 11/25/2005 : 3:15:53 PM
ummmm Force=massXacceleration

sparks going up=projectiles

Guess they never heard of velocity either, cripes. Bad enough the religious right is getting into politics, but getting into science is really pissing me off!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000