Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 What's better than...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arthen Posted - 11/13/2005 : 7:46:16 PM
...listening to Peter Gabriel Live? Listening to Peter Gabriel live on SACD in 5.1! Shock the Monkey and San Jacinto are amazing in 5.1. Also, for the guitar lovers on the board (everyone), "Friday Night in San Francisco" from De Lucia, Di Meola, and McLaughlin is simply amazing in 5.1. I suggest everyone try to hear it, once you go SACD you can't go back.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 11/30/2005 : 5:39:10 PM
I'm working on a project that will hopefully lead to a four-channel audio experience while listening to binaural (normal!) headphones...

I would love to hear these SACDs
Arthen Posted - 11/29/2005 : 11:57:37 PM
Hot damn, thanks Kevin! I'll have to direct my family there for Christmas gifts!
KevinLesko Posted - 11/29/2005 : 11:42:36 PM
Arthen,

I know that finding SACDs is sometimes difficult, so I thought I'd share the site www.elusivedisc.com with you. They have pretty much every SACD, DVD-A, LP, DUAL DISC, and any other type of audiophile media available for sale. That is where I found the 24/96 DAD of Dirt Floor.
Arthen Posted - 11/20/2005 : 8:09:03 PM
I love Us, but I love the versions off of Secret World Live more. PG is perfect for any mood, especially in sad times.
PJK Posted - 11/20/2005 : 6:51:32 PM
Very cool Kevin! I have been listening to PG most of the weekend. US and SO.
KevinLesko Posted - 11/20/2005 : 3:49:27 PM
I asked my contact at Warner if she had any info on the Genesis SACDs, and this was her reply:

quote:
Hi Kevin,

I have asked our Rhino friends if they have heard anything on this...so far it is a "no", but they are feeding it up the food chain

So it looks like they are still probably a few months away since they would have release info if it were anytime soon.

Now, if only we could get TR's entire catalgue remastered for SACD that would be amazing!!! Pipe dream I know...
KevinLesko Posted - 11/16/2005 : 8:13:54 PM

Here it is, my new toy. God bless Best Buy selling floor models. This retails for $600 but I got it for $299. It is a DVD/SACD/CD player and reciever. It does all of the data discs. So far I've only figures out how to rig the sound out of my main two speakers, but listening to my SACDs even through two speakers has been great. I'm listening to Friday Night in San Francisco right now, and it is amazing. I've also been blown away by Dark Side of the Moon, Medulla, Security, Perfect Day, and Desire. Even my dual discs, with the enhanced resolution stereo sound much better than they did coming out of my PS2. Can't wait until I have it fully operational. Frequent breaks are a neccessity for me when it comes to wires, as my patience wears thin. Soon though I hope.
Arthen Posted - 11/16/2005 : 6:55:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by therippa

Just keep in mind that SACD requires a 5.1 connection (it's not DTS compatible), and it will soon be obsoleted by DVD-Audio.

Yeah, I was hoping that SACD would last, but I'd heard that it probably would not.
therippa Posted - 11/16/2005 : 6:50:50 PM
Just keep in mind that SACD requires a 5.1 connection (it's not DTS compatible), and it will soon be obsoleted by DVD-Audio.
KevinLesko Posted - 11/16/2005 : 6:11:24 PM
I went shopping today

details to come.
Arthen Posted - 11/14/2005 : 4:16:17 PM
I'm waiting for the Genesis SACDs, three of which have been completed: Foxtrot, Nursery Cryme, and The Lamb, but they aren't released yet!? What the hell!?
PJK Posted - 11/14/2005 : 3:34:12 PM
WOW, thanks for the info! I am going to have to get a SACD player! Also, Dark Side of the Moon and anything PG in SACD! AT least I will put them on my "wish list."

Another reason I love this message board, reading the posts really does expand my musical world! Thanks!

Arthen Posted - 11/14/2005 : 1:19:24 PM
That was going to be my next purchase Rippa! That and perhaps the Roger Waters live album, In the Flesh.
therippa Posted - 11/14/2005 : 12:34:23 PM
Get Dark Side of the Moon in SACD, it's incredible.

I started a thread about it a while ago...

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3543&SearchTerms=sacd
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/14/2005 : 08:11:26 AM
SACD = super audio cd

It's a lot like comparing a DVD to a CD, it just holds more information. With the added room, the sound engineers are able to put higher quality audio on the discs, separated into individual channels rather than just being in stereo. It's pretty badass.
PJK Posted - 11/14/2005 : 06:59:39 AM
OK, I feel really dumb. What is SACD exactly? I can't imagine sound better than listening to PG live. I am definitely out of the technology loop.
Arthen Posted - 11/14/2005 : 01:21:03 AM
DVD/SACD Player = $150
Surround sound system = $200 (plus thirty more for a three year warranty)

The DVD/SACD player plays the SACDs fine through the System, without any other special hookups. I just plugged the player into the DVD spot on the Receiver, and it works great. I'm so buzzed about this new system, and SACDs. I've been looking into picking up some classical albums, and have some seen a few decent Bach recordings, but I've love Wagner's operas in SACD.
KevinLesko Posted - 11/13/2005 : 11:27:57 PM
So am I o undestand that you bought a player, and then a system seperately? how much was everything total? I have a pretty sweet surround system as it is, and I've read about a few dvd players that also play SACD, but that they require a reciever to get the SACD capabilities to work. I guess I have to go in to Tweeter and ask some questions, I just hate salesmen... it's tough to get good customer service without someone trying to get you to buy something.
Arthen Posted - 11/13/2005 : 10:44:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

Does this mean you bought a SACD player??? What kind did you get? Help a brother out!!!

Yeah, I got a Sony 5 Disc DVD/SACD/CD Changer. It will also run a shit load of different data discs with JPEGS, and all other kinds of files. So, after I got that I bought some SACDs and just listening to them through my TV speakers I could tell the quality was loads better, especially on Passion and Plays Live which I listen to all the time in regular and MP3 format. But I knew it could be better and all around me, so I went out and bought a mid range $200 Sony home theater package with speakers, sub, and receiver. Spent the afternoon setting it up, and it's amazing! Kev, Passion in 5.1 is one of the coolest things I've ever heard in my life, and I can't wait to start picking up the rest of PG's catalogue.
KevinLesko Posted - 11/13/2005 : 10:12:08 PM
Does this mean you bought a SACD player??? What kind did you get? Help a brother out!!!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000