Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 I have only come here seeking knowledge...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arthen Posted - 11/02/2005 : 4:57:57 PM
So, I need/want to start getting into SACDs/DVD Audio/Surround Sound Audio, etc. I don't have a 5.1 setup, and was wondering if anyone here had suggestions on decently priced speaker packages, that are good in quality.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arthen Posted - 11/04/2005 : 12:51:18 AM
Security in SACD would be amazing! Think of San Jacinto or Family and the Fishing Net in glorious 5.1! Maybe I'll ask around at Christmas time from the relatives...
KevinLesko Posted - 11/03/2005 : 11:26:42 PM
I hear ya... what is frustrating to me, is that I have a bunch of Hybrid SACDs right now, and I can't even listen to them in their full potential. Some of the cds I have right now that have SACD layers are:

Chris Whitley: Perfect Day
Bjork: Medulla
NiN: Downward Spiral
Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
Paco De Lucia, Al DiMeoli, John Mclaughlin: Friday Night in San Fransico
Peter Gabriel: Security, and Passion
John Coltrane: A Love Supreme

Of course I'd have to buy a bunch more of PG's and Genesis' stuff too if I got a player. That's a lot of $$$ to replace those titles.
Arthen Posted - 11/03/2005 : 9:49:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

Well, when you posted that I started to poke around, and found this on Genesis' website:

quote:
Foxtrot complete - what next?
2nd June 2005

Nick Davis has completed work on the 5.1 SACD re-mix of Foxtrot and is currently working out in France. On his return he will begin work on another album in the Genesis back catalogue. Which album has yet to be decided. News when we get it.

Release dates for the SACD versions of The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Nursery Cryme and Foxtrot have not yet been sent. The re-mixes await the final approval of all concerned in their original recording and, when received, dates for their release will be set.

SACD of Foxtrot will be sooo sick.

Holy shit, Supper's Ready in 5.1! See! This is why I need a 5.1 system. I'd kill for The Lamb though, ever since I dove into that story and realm, it has been my favorite album. God, I can't wait to hear the remixes of "Can-Utility...", "Watcher", "Get 'Em Out..." etc, etc!
KevinLesko Posted - 11/03/2005 : 6:58:41 PM
Well, when you posted that I started to poke around, and found this on Genesis' website:

quote:
Foxtrot complete - what next?
2nd June 2005

Nick Davis has completed work on the 5.1 SACD re-mix of Foxtrot and is currently working out in France. On his return he will begin work on another album in the Genesis back catalogue. Which album has yet to be decided. News when we get it.

Release dates for the SACD versions of The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Nursery Cryme and Foxtrot have not yet been sent. The re-mixes await the final approval of all concerned in their original recording and, when received, dates for their release will be set.

SACD of Foxtrot will be sooo sick.
Arthen Posted - 11/03/2005 : 12:29:55 PM
quote:

there are genesis SACDs?

I thought there were maybe not.
KevinLesko Posted - 11/03/2005 : 02:58:38 AM
there are genesis SACDs?
Arthen Posted - 11/02/2005 : 10:18:03 PM
quote:

that's funny... if/when you get any good info pass it along to me. I have 5.1 right now, but I want SACD since I have a bunch of hybrids, and after all PG's catalogue is available in SACD.

You hit the nail on the head. PG's catalogue is one of the reasons I want to start looking into the media type, along with old Genesis SACDs, too.
KevinLesko Posted - 11/02/2005 : 10:01:46 PM
that's funny... if/when you get any good info pass it along to me. I have 5.1 right now, but I want SACD since I have a bunch of hybrids, and after all PG's catalogue is available in SACD.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000