Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Dave Matthews

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scotsman Posted - 10/12/2005 : 4:05:12 PM
I can tell you that the Dave Matthews Band is the most top money grossing concert bands for a reason. I’ve been a big fan since 1994. Now all the die hard fans know that the band got together back in 1993. I’ve been to six of his concerts in a row, and every time I’m there, I just wish he had more time to play. He is AWESOME live. I mean don’t get me wrong, I love his albums, but there is just something about the live audience interaction that really makes it an experience of a life time. Seeing Dave Matthews play the way he can is just phenomenal. When he was on Live with Carson Daily, I had to watch, and I’m glad I did. I got to see the band being interviewed by Carson and got to hear some real good songs as well. See, with this particular episode, you get to see a more personal side of the band. Like how they got together, what each member was doing before it happened, and what we can expect in the future. So in closing, I will say one thing. I hope the Dave Matthews Band keeps putting out the hits like they always have been.
26   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
apr.70 Posted - 10/21/2005 : 12:56:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by apr.70

LOL! Well, that explains it....I took one of those email quizes and it compared me to Elmo!

btw, I wasn't being sarcastic....well, sorta I was. I really did just get one of those chain emails. I thought the timing was pretty funny.
apr.70 Posted - 10/21/2005 : 12:54:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Evergreen

quote:
Seriously though, I just don't want to be judged just b/c I'm a fan of DMB or anyone else.

Like Arthen said....lots of Dave fans here. I'm not sure about 90% though. Its just that dave gets sooooo much attention in the world of message boards and media. I hope you didn't take what i said personally. I'm sure not one to judge anyones musical interests considering some of mine. The sesame street theme song is one of my favorites. LOL

I didn't take it personaly. I can understand Dave saturation must be annoying. TIM is such a great artist, he deserves to be seen in his (for lack of a better term) own light. Especially his own website.

And are ya kiddin' me? There are much better Sesame St songs to choose from than those whiney kids singing......Um,...Ernie's Rubber Duckie song, the Tweedle Bug song,.....I see I'm going to have to educate some people around here about music
Evergreen Posted - 10/18/2005 : 08:08:57 AM
quote:
Seriously though, I just don't want to be judged just b/c I'm a fan of DMB or anyone else.

Like Arthen said....lots of Dave fans here. I'm not sure about 90% though. Its just that dave gets sooooo much attention in the world of message boards and media. I hope you didn't take what i said personally. I'm sure not one to judge anyones musical interests considering some of mine. The sesame street theme song is one of my favorites. LOL
Arthen Posted - 10/17/2005 : 9:46:15 PM
You won't be judged for being a DMB fan. I'm a fan, I'm sure 90% of the people here are too.

apr.70 Posted - 10/17/2005 : 7:41:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Evergreen

i'm not sure which makes me cringe more.... discussions on dmb or radiohead. blech on both of them. This is a TR board. It's like talking about Sesame Street on an Einstein board.

LOL! Well, that explains it....I took one of those email quizes and it compared me to Elmo!

Seriously though, I just don't want to be judged just b/c I'm a fan of DMB or anyone else. I say to each his own and I respect that.

I also respect this is a place for Tim Reynold's fans....when I want to talk about DMB I'll go to nancies.

Arthen Posted - 10/17/2005 : 3:42:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by apr.70

Please don't let one person ruin it for many. I for one am a huge DMB fan. Not b/c they are a great band, live or otherwise, but b/c of what the music gave to me.....a way to look at the world again in a way to embrace it rather than hide from it. Yeah, I must sound like some nut, but it's brought me many good friends and TIM.

I have much love and respect for TIM and all who are here for him. That's why I'm here. To support TIM and meet other like minded people.

There, I've said my peace
~April

Don't worry, no one's going to stop being a fan because of the douchebag factor. If that was the case I would've stopped being a DMB fan the first time I looked at the Nancies.org forums.
Evergreen Posted - 10/17/2005 : 3:11:36 PM
i'm not sure which makes me cringe more.... discussions on dmb or radiohead. blech on both of them. This is a TR board. It's like talking about Sesame Street on an Einstein board.
apr.70 Posted - 10/17/2005 : 2:35:14 PM
Please don't let one person ruin it for many. I for one am a huge DMB fan. Not b/c they are a great band, live or otherwise, but b/c of what the music gave to me.....a way to look at the world again in a way to embrace it rather than hide from it. Yeah, I must sound like some nut, but it's brought me many good friends and TIM.

I have much love and respect for TIM and all who are here for him. That's why I'm here. To support TIM and meet other like minded people.

There, I've said my peace
~April

Lindalu Posted - 10/15/2005 : 9:44:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by scotsman

FUCK ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LATER!! I AM NO MORE!!!!!!!!

Someone ran out of their meds
OnlySuperstition Posted - 10/14/2005 : 09:57:02 AM
I am not so sure about the dave matthews band. Dave and tim on the other had thats a duo if ive ever seen one.
sk8board1234567 Posted - 10/13/2005 : 8:30:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Certainly not doing much for the Dave Matthews Band fan reputation, I see...
Quite the contrary... if he is "NO MORE" then that probably increased the average IQ of the Dave Matthews Band fanbase by an order of magnitude.... which in turn does something for their reputation...

Haha, nice one.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/13/2005 : 6:23:47 PM
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Quite the contrary... if he is "NO MORE" then that probably increased the average IQ of the Dave Matthews Band fanbase by an order of magnitude.... which in turn does something for their reputation...
Kenneth Posted - 10/13/2005 : 5:12:34 PM
quote:

You're a real Munson...
Arthen Posted - 10/13/2005 : 4:52:30 PM
scotsman Posted - 10/13/2005 : 4:49:22 PM
Arthen Posted - 10/12/2005 : 9:22:02 PM
It's generally considered kind of a faux pas to post and post on your own topic. If people aren't posting on it, let it drop. And oh, by the way, the band got together in 1991.
Robin Posted - 10/12/2005 : 8:52:43 PM
What she said....TTT for TIM!!! Peace, Robin
PJK Posted - 10/12/2005 : 8:17:33 PM
Not to be rude but you seem obsessed with Dave, so why don't you post on www.antsmarching.org or www.nancies.org ? Either one would have more people who share your enthusiasm of Dave and DMB.

I am not saying that is a bad thing, but while people here might like DMB, no one really cares to talk about them here. Dave is only mentioned when he plays with TIM. TIM is the reason we are all here and while you can talk about anything on this side of the board, you aren't likely to find anyone who is that interested in Dave or DMB who will engage you in any conversation.

My suggestion, switch to another website or change your topic.
scotsman Posted - 10/12/2005 : 7:42:02 PM
Does anyone know when Dave Matthews was on Storytellers on VH1. On the VH1 website, there are clips from the 2005 episode. When will it come on?
scotsman Posted - 10/12/2005 : 6:23:46 PM
scotsman Posted - 10/12/2005 : 5:37:19 PM
Any one have any comments??
PJK Posted - 10/12/2005 : 4:54:20 PM
yep LOL
scotsman Posted - 10/12/2005 : 4:48:37 PM
I take it that I am on the side I need to be on.
PJK Posted - 10/12/2005 : 4:40:25 PM
yep, hey Jeremy, welcome to the board. I just visited the other side and you kind of got off on the wrong foot there. Sorry about that. All of us on here are fans of TR. His musical talent is exceptional and he is always growing, which is why I am still drawn to his music. The TR side is only for Tim related comments and material as I guess you know now.

Don't be too offended. Everyone here is worth getting to know, but ya got to play by the rules, ok? Friends side= anything, any topic your heart desires TR side= Only topics about TR, its the sacred side of the board!
scotsman Posted - 10/12/2005 : 4:32:03 PM
That's cool. To each his his own right? I sent a fan e-mail at the DMB site and did get a reply:

Jeremy,

Thank you so much for your letter. Thank you for taking the time to write to us. If it were not for you, DMB would not be where they are today, so for that, we thank you again! Your letter will be passed along to the members of the band.

Thanks,
Warehouse Crew
www.warehouse.davematthewsband.com
(434) 984-6850 11am - 6pm ET, M-F
PJK Posted - 10/12/2005 : 4:23:49 PM
Nice that you like Dave. I guess a lot of people here do. I used to love their concerts but have no desire to see them live again. Their last CD didn't do a thing for me. Seems more like they care about quantity than quality and ya know what? They can get away with it. People will by anything with the name Dave Matthews on it! I could sell the biggest piece of crap on a cd and if it had Dave or DMB on it, it would sell.

Personally I think they are spent, they are past their prime and I wouldn't hold my breath for anything enlightening from them.

This is only my opinion. The great thing about music is that it is constantly changing like our moods. I think if a persons mood and a piece of music are in synch, its magic. The fact that I no longer like DMB doesn't mean their music is crap, it just means it no longer works for me and to me it's lost the edge.

If you like their music, you will like their concerts as one thing I will say is that on stage they all give 110%! Their energy level is high and they put their all into their shows.

One of the members of the band is on my "shit list." He dicked over some friends of mine so that could be a factor in how I feel. I don't think so, but it surly doesn't help how I feel about them.

That said, music is the universal language and I for one could not live without it.

BTW, I love Radiohead! LOL

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000