Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Stop relying on mainstream news!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lindalu Posted - 09/25/2005 : 3:35:40 PM
This is the one forum that I have confidence in when it comes to intelligence and global awareness. I think many of you share my views on politics and are just as frustrated as me when it comes to our current corrupt administration. Maybe it's my age, maybe it's my genes, but I have this overwhelming need to learn as much as I can about what's really going on now. I have many many theories regarding "W", some with proof to back it up, and some without. I'm going out on a little limb here, by predicting that in the very near future, the scandal that "W" is drinking again is going to break.And remember when the right tries to spin it, the way the right always does,that he is a non-drinking alcoholic, not a recovered alcoholic (there is a huge difference- sugg. read "Bush On The Couch") who has never recieved professional treatment.I do not want to spew about all of my opinions at this point, because that was not the original intent of this post. I wanted to turn you all on to my favorite news radio station, AirAmerica, if you haven't already been listening to it.
http://www.airamericaradio.com/listen
Give it a listen and let me know what you think. My favorite show is Randi Rhoads', just because she's so funny, but there are alot of good programs throughout the day.

P.S. I can't get this song out of my head so I'll share it with you!!!

REO SPEEDWAGON lyrics - "Golden Country"

www.OldieLyrics.com

Golden country your face is so red
With all of your money your poor can be fed
You strut around and you flirt with disaster
Never really carin' just what comes after
Well your blacks are dyin' but your back is still turned
And your freaks are cryin' but your back is still turned
You better stop your hidin or your country will burn
The time has come for you my friend
To all this ugliness we must put an end
Before we leave we must make a stand
Mortgage people you crawl to your homes
Your security lies in your bed of white foam
You act concerned but then why turn away
When a lady was raped on your doorstep today
Well your blacks are cryin' but your back is still turned
And your freaks are dyin' but your back is still turned
Before we leave we must make a stand, oh yeah......

[Solo]

Golden country your face is so red
With all of your money your poor can be fed
You strut around and you flirt with disaster
Never really carin' just what comes after
Well your blacks are dyin' but your back is still turned
And your freaks are cryin' but your back is still turned
Before we leave we must make a stand

24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dan p. Posted - 10/03/2005 : 01:26:40 AM
granted, it isn't always, but it's always either more black than white, or vise versa. it's always only a matter of degree. i simply round up or down.
Robin Posted - 10/02/2005 : 4:24:05 PM
Nothing is ever as black and white as you make things sound Dan P.
Peace, Robin
dan p. Posted - 10/02/2005 : 12:30:09 AM
steve vai?
Lindalu Posted - 09/30/2005 : 7:19:17 PM
Oi, vai
dan p. Posted - 09/29/2005 : 11:24:38 AM
i dog everyone. i even dog dogs. the answer to whether he should have refused his summons should be plainly obvious. he chose to go, and now he's dead. that fairly screams "wrong decision." maybe this is just me, but if i had to choose between a) turning my back on what i believe in and put myself in the very possible situation of being killed because my higher ups said so, or b) sticking by what i believe and going to jail and having my college situation all fucked up, and possibly having difficulty getting a job, i'd choose b. because i, for one, really appreciate living. yeah, jail probably sucks, and the job thing is a pain in the ass, and i know from experience that a fucked up college situation isn't very good, but i'd still choose it over death.

i don't know that she should have been arrest or not. as near as i can tell, with my limited information, she didn't do anything what called for arresting. i mean, we can protest, right? that's protected by constitituion, last i heard. it cannot be denied, however, that i got a sort of smug satisfaction from it, because i really can't stand her. ms. lindalu informs me that neither she nor casey protested the war before he died. so i don't know where that puts your statement that they did, but i'm going to go ahead and assume lindalu is right that they didn't. and if they didn't, i stand by my comments and derisive attitude towards cindy sheenan. if she didn't protest it before, she has no reason to protest it now. nothing the war hasn't changed since her son died. i guess i don't get it. is she surprised that her soldier son died in a war? did she think he was invincible? is she outraged now that the war took her son away from her and everyone else's sons be damned, because they didn't matter to protest for in the first place? it all strikes me as selfish, self-centered nonsense. her opinion on the war may be right, but how she got it, through the loss of her own, feels wrong.

what she's exploiting is the emotions of others. and that's no better than bush's exploiting of people's grief and fear in my book. she's appealing to people's emotions, not intellect. people are going to be to argue with and confront a woman who just lost her son. if nothing else, they'll be less likely to treat with her the way most protesters are treated with. for some accountable reason, people think she's entitled to a little leeway because of her son. i don't. i don't afford casey and his mom any more sympathy than any i do any other dead stranger and his mother, because at the end of the day that's what they are, regardless of who's on your tv screen. and truthfully, if i died and it somehow made the news, i wouldn't expect strangers to feel anything for me or my mother. it isn't their concern. it's personal. leave it be.

i feel like her demands to see the president are arrogant. i mean, the mind reels. her son was a soldier who died in service. she's not entitled to a private hearing with the president, not unless every other mother who's lost a son in a war has. what in the nine thousand names of god makes her think she is? sons dying in war has been going on since war's origin. has she encouraged other mothers who have lost sons to sit in on this meeting, and make him answer for their son, too? i don't know, but i'll wager she hasn't. and if she hasn't, nothing paints a clearer portrait of her selfishness. nothing would say clearer that she's in this only for herself, not for any grand cause. she reminds me of an angry mother who's son got cut from the basketball team, and she wants to yell at the coach.

we all understand that war costs lives. we know what it does. we don't need someone going around telling us. we know, and we're either ok with it, or we're not.
Lindalu Posted - 09/28/2005 : 11:17:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

EDITED: this made no goddamned sense.

Okay Dan, me being me, I spent quite a bit of time researching this today (things are slow at work).As I said before, Cindy and her son did not protest the war. She didn't actually protest it until he died. She spent a year after her son died (4/04) going cross country attending various protests, telling the story of her loss (After it was found that there were no weapons of mass destruction this was why she is questioning why we're still at war).It was along the way that she earned the attention of various outspoken anti-war groups.They used her platform to exploit their own , not the other way around. Her whole story didn't really make the headlines until the whole Crawford Camp thing.
As Zach said, many of the soldiers that are there or have been there, didn't necessarily join the service to go to war. But they really give you no choice once you enlist (that's always been the case in the armed forces-probably the reason you hear the expression "gone AWOL.It's illegal to leave). I'm sure many of these young boys feel like enlisting is their only chance for success.They romance you with the promises of college tuition and high paying careers (I saw it 20 something years ago when I was in highschool and I see it now with my son, who's a senior) As far as Casey Sheehan's reasons for enlisting here are a couple of quotes from an interview with C.S. in which she was asked that same question:He had joined the Army because they promised him he could finish his college degree. He had already been going to college for three years before he joined the Army. He was a Humvee mechanic. He re-enlisted in August of 2003 because he didn’t want his buddies to do the job by themselves. It’s all about what they’re doing now -- our soldiers are trying to keep themselves alive and trying to keep each other alive at this point right now.
I'm not saying that being in the service is bad or wrong. I know that it's necessary to have a military. But the bottom line here is that we were all lied to and that this war is wrong and we really need to bring these boys home-alive. My answer is simple (funny, but simple): if the reason we are there now is to help the Iraqis create a stable government, then lets bring everyone home except a couple of government consultants! What's it take? 10 or 12 people? Hey-Mike Brown is a consultant now! We can send him (just kidding-I know he's in large, just a fall guy, but talk about an attitude!).I think if we were to do that, all of these "insurgents" wouldn't feel threatened by our occupation and maybe some of this could come to an end.
Zachmozach Posted - 09/28/2005 : 10:14:42 PM
The thing is that you are saying she is exploiting her son, and there is something wrong with her speaking out against the war and using herself, losing her son to do so and that's bad?

Look she isn't like making money off of him or anyone else so who is she exploiting? She is trying to start a movement by saying look what war has done to me and what it did to my son. She is trying to let everyone know that people are dying everyday, and there is a real price to be paid, but what is it for? I just don't see what's wrong with her saying my son is dead I'm pissed and trying to do something about it.

As far as her son not being for the war and going at the same time, I have a buddy (more of a friend of a friend thing) and we had a conversation about the war after he got back and he was saying how he hated it, he didn't want to go back he was totally against it, etc. The thing is, that he will probably have to go back and he didn't want to go in the first place, but they basically had him by the balls so to speak. It's like basically if you are in the army you go to war or jail. That's your choices. One you might make it and be able to move on and keep those army benifits. I don't think you can dog him or anyone else too much that's in that position.

Also I know you're not saying anything about trying to stop the war being bad. I just don't understand how you reason that she should be arrested.
dan p. Posted - 09/28/2005 : 12:21:52 AM
EDITED: this made no goddamned sense.
dan p. Posted - 09/27/2005 : 11:52:09 PM
listen. i'm not saying that wanting to stop the war is bad. show me the quote where i say stopping the war that kills kids is bad. where did i say it? where? go on. show it to me. you can't because i didn't say it. so, you know, feel free to take that stupid comment back. i think we all understand what losing a son does, and it's tasteless to flaunt it. holy shit! the woman is upset over losing her son? no way. totally didn't expect that.

i admit i didn't know her son objected to the war, but apparently he didn't object that much, because he took part in it. weird that i would assume someone who didn't believe in a war would risk his life in it anyway. and i don't know much about military justice, so maybe i'd be wrong to say it's also weird that he'd risk his life in a war he didn't agree with rather than just refusing to go. seems like he would have been better off staying here in jail or whatever. the bottom line, no matter how much you want to deny it, is that he ultimately chose.

also, i'm still waiting for any form of documentation on cindy and/or casey's outspokeness against the war prior to his death, outside of her telling people that. i'm not saying your wrong or anything, and i'll gladly concede to someone more informed, so just show me something he or she and i'll recant most, but not quite all, of what i've said.
Zachmozach Posted - 09/27/2005 : 11:16:26 PM
Dan, having listened to a couple speeches and and interviews with/by Sheehan (speeches as in the whole thing, and not a fewe clips from the media) I get the impression you don't have a fucking clue. Firstly Sheehan spoke out against the war as did her son before he was shipped out and died. And, just imagine her wanting to join a cause to stop the war and try to show the world what losing a son does. I mean that's just terrible right, trying to stop a war that are killing more peoples kids.

I don't have time right now to get into this, but you always claim to be very uninformed on things and so I'm guessing that you haven't listened to what she had to say for even an hour which makes your opinion of her motives and her tactics pretty much ignorant. So way to pass judgement on someone while you obviously know jack shit about them.

On the topic of Air America, I don't support Clear Channel in any way, and by listening to it I get them more money.
dan p. Posted - 09/27/2005 : 8:15:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lindalu
And regarding "the arrogance" ; I have never heard that said about her and that just blows me away that people even think that. The arrogance of her? How about the arrogance of a man that can't take 10 minutes to stroll down to the end of his driveway and even acknowledge the hundreds of people that dropped everything in their lives for a cause. Isn't that the American way? Aren't we allowed to ask questions? This man is not a God man. He is an elected official. Elected to represent us-not to treat us like we're dirt beneath his feet unless we agree with everything he does.Cindy Sheehan did not question our war when her son served or at the time of his death. She believed what our President told us (along with 52% of Americans). And when it was proven that there were no WMDs, that's when she questioned it. And she has every right to question it.Her son died. He died because "W" took advantage of the emotions and gullability of most Americans after 911. It frustrates me to Hell the number of people who still believe that we're in Iraq "because they bombed the World Trade Center". My God! 12 of the 14 were from Saudi Arabia! Can't you see that we're fighting BinLaden's war for him? Are you forgetting that Bin Laden and Hussein were arch enemies? And we waged war on Iraq? Does that make any sense to you? Now the "excuse" for the war is that we "felt threatened" . Well, if we went to war with every country that threatened us, we'd all be dead tomorrow.
I am so fired up right now and please don't take this as a personal attack.It just proves my point, that you're not getting all the information!

1. i don't recall saying we're not allowed to question. i don't know where you got that from, but whatever. george bush doesn't have to answer for her son. he didn't send her son to die. her son went of his own volition and died. he's responsible for the war, not for the choices of other people. cindy sheenan is self-centered because she thinks that because her son joined the army and died, she's entitled to a meeting with the leader of the country. but she's not. she not entitled to shit, because although george bush responsible for the war, he's not resonsible for her son joining the army. the son chose to believe and act on it. out of 52% of america who believed bush, how many joined the service? and what about every other mother who lost a son? why isn't she demanding he answer to every single one of them. she only cares about herself, that's why.

2. understand this: i don't care about casey sheenan's life or death. i know he's dead, there's no need to emphasise that with me. if it seems like it doesn't make much of an emotional impression on me, it's because it doesn't. i don't care, so spare me that. and speaking of taking advantage of emotions, what shall we say of ms. sheenan? she's using her son's death as emotional leverage, furthering her cause.

3. you're points on the war itself, and your frustration that people still believe in it, and your points on bin laden and hussein are all excellent, and i guess if i had more information i could tell you if i agree with you or not. but those points you made about the motives behind the war have no bearing on the argument of cindy sheenan, as so i won't address them beyond this.

4. you must not be very familiar with me, or you wouldn't have bothered telling me i'm not getting all the information. i already know that. i've openly admitted my ignorance numerous times before. in fact, i've made a point of not being well informed. partially because neither is anyone else, and partially because i don't form opinions on things like this. there's plenty of opinions. i'm more concerned that, in the midst of all of these opinions, people are still using their heads to come to them. because no one else is looking out for that. i look for honesty and consistency in opinion. if it has those, then fine. you might say i form opinions on other people's opinions.

5. it's my opinion that ms. sheenan's opinion is based soley on the loss of her son. and that doesn't fucking fly with me. it strikes me as self-centered and stupid. show me any statement, demostration, or even heated argument with a mushroom about the war from her before her son died, and i'll maybe change my tune a little.

also, you didn't attack me personally, and even if you did i can say as i would particularly care. also, i've been known to attack personally, so it would be hypocritical of me to bitch about it even if you did.
pants_happy Posted - 09/27/2005 : 3:00:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lindalu
At the risk of causing a little controversy here,
Wow, just wow. I have to pick my jaw up off the floor.
I guess you missed my point with the whole "arrest on" statement. I meant, if that is what it takes to get the attention of the media,then being arrested was a good thing.Did you know that there was supposedly 300,000 people in D.C. on Saturday at this protest and that they pretty much had to shut down a large portion of the city because of it? I heard Limbaugh said there was about 30.There was also a coinciding protest in Great Britain that nobody has really heard anything about that either.
And regarding "the arrogance" ; I have never heard that said about her and that just blows me away that people even think that. The arrogance of her? How about the arrogance of a man that can't take 10 minutes to stroll down to the end of his driveway and even acknowledge the hundreds of people that dropped everything in their lives for a cause. Isn't that the American way? Aren't we allowed to ask questions? This man is not a God man. He is an elected official. Elected to represent us-not to treat us like we're dirt beneath his feet unless we agree with everything he does.Cindy Sheehan did not question our war when her son served or at the time of his death. She believed what our President told us (along with 52% of Americans). And when it was proven that there were no WMDs, that's when she questioned it. And she has every right to question it.Her son died. He died because "W" took advantage of the emotions and gullability of most Americans after 911. It frustrates me to Hell the number of people who still believe that we're in Iraq "because they bombed the World Trade Center". My God! 12 of the 14 were from Saudi Arabia! Can't you see that we're fighting BinLaden's war for him? Are you forgetting that Bin Laden and Hussein were arch enemies? And we waged war on Iraq? Does that make any sense to you? Now the "excuse" for the war is that we "felt threatened" . Well, if we went to war with every country that threatened us, we'd all be dead tomorrow.
I am so fired up right now and please don't take this as a personal attack.It just proves my point, that you're not getting all the information!

Go Lindalu!
Lindalu Posted - 09/27/2005 : 11:09:45 AM
quote:

oh and demanding a meeting with bush. arrogant. you want to know why your son died? i can tell you without any political knoweledge whatsoever. your son died because your son was a soldier in a war, and soldiers during wartime die. why doesn't she understand that she's essentially shitting on everyone who hasn't demanded a meeting with a president when a war took their son. i am blown away by how ridiculous she is.

At the risk of causing a little controversy here,
Wow, just wow. I have to pick my jaw up off the floor.
I guess you missed my point with the whole "arrest on" statement. I meant, if that is what it takes to get the attention of the media,then being arrested was a good thing.Did you know that there was supposedly 300,000 people in D.C. on Saturday at this protest and that they pretty much had to shut down a large portion of the city because of it? I heard Limbaugh said there was about 30.There was also a coinciding protest in Great Britain that nobody has really heard anything about that either.
tericee Posted - 09/27/2005 : 07:32:35 AM
quote:

cindy sheenan should have arrested long ago for being such an idiot. she's using her own son's corpse as a mascot for her cause. it's despicable. it's weird, because i hadn't heard word one from her before her song was killed. all of a sudden because her son's dead, the war is wrong? or was she always against the war, but it took her child's death to get her to say something about it? either way it amounts to the same thing: she's an asshole. how about:

1. respecting her son's choice to fight for something and honoring his memory instead of wailing like a banshee about how her son was "sent" to die. i didn't know the man, but i'd be willing to bet he's spinning like a top in grave because his mom's antics. i know i would be. the death of a loved one is too intimite and sacrosanct to be parading around with it without it being wildly inappropriate at best. if you can call it "best."

2. comparing her actions to, say, the actions of every other mother who's lost a son in this godforsaken war. once compared, hows about she consider the very real possibility that just because her son is dead, it doesn't make the war even more senseless, and doesn't merit a heightened reaction to it. as far as the objectionability of the war goes, the death of her son is a non-issue. it's just as wrong now as it was before as it is now, and therefore doesn't warrent her sudden shrieks and actions. as if it was all fair game until it hit home.

i honestly wish they didn't arrest her, though. because as ridiculous and inappropriate as she's being, last time i checked being a total douchebag isn't illegal. believe me. i check every day just to be sure. and what's more, now her howlings will increase tenfold. if she had been raging like this before her son died, then i'd have no real objection, but no. and of course michael motherfucking moore hones in on it, because a dead son is a great way to play on people sentiments, and that's all the less real information he needs to get his hands on.

i don't want to say they should kill her ouright, because they shouldn't. but if one day she just exploded on her own, i'd be grateful.

Go Dan and Arthen!
Arthen Posted - 09/27/2005 : 03:04:50 AM
Plus she constantly spouts off about things she has no knowledge of and people look to her like she is an expert.

I'd prefer coverage of the Aruba Girl (which I'm sick of seeing) to more on Sheenan.
dan p. Posted - 09/27/2005 : 12:12:23 AM
oh and demanding a meeting with bush. arrogant. you want to know why your son died? i can tell you without any political knoweledge whatsoever. your son died because your son was a soldier in a war, and soldiers during wartime die. why doesn't she understand that she's essentially shitting on everyone who hasn't demanded a meeting with a president when a war took their son. i am blown away by how ridiculous she is.
dan p. Posted - 09/27/2005 : 12:06:01 AM
cindy sheenan should have arrested long ago for being such an idiot. she's using her own son's corpse as a mascot for her cause. it's despicable. it's weird, because i hadn't heard word one from her before her song was killed. all of a sudden because her son's dead, the war is wrong? or was she always against the war, but it took her child's death to get her to say something about it? either way it amounts to the same thing: she's an asshole. how about:

1. respecting her son's choice to fight for something and honoring his memory instead of wailing like a banshee about how her son was "sent" to die. i didn't know the man, but i'd be willing to bet he's spinning like a top in grave because his mom's antics. i know i would be. the death of a loved one is too intimite and sacrosanct to be parading around with it without it being wildly inappropriate at best. if you can call it "best."

2. comparing her actions to, say, the actions of every other mother who's lost a son in this godforsaken war. once compared, hows about she consider the very real possibility that just because her son is dead, it doesn't make the war even more senseless, and doesn't merit a heightened reaction to it. as far as the objectionability of the war goes, the death of her son is a non-issue. it's just as wrong now as it was before as it is now, and therefore doesn't warrent her sudden shrieks and actions. as if it was all fair game until it hit home.

i honestly wish they didn't arrest her, though. because as ridiculous and inappropriate as she's being, last time i checked being a total douchebag isn't illegal. believe me. i check every day just to be sure. and what's more, now her howlings will increase tenfold. if she had been raging like this before her son died, then i'd have no real objection, but no. and of course michael motherfucking moore hones in on it, because a dead son is a great way to play on people sentiments, and that's all the less real information he needs to get his hands on.

i don't want to say they should kill her ouright, because they shouldn't. but if one day she just exploded on her own, i'd be grateful.
Lindalu Posted - 09/26/2005 : 10:18:04 PM
How ironic is it that in the last 24 hours, the media has said more about Cindy Sheehan and the protest than they did all weekend-now that she's been arrested. Oh well, if that's what it takes to get her some attention, arrest on!
dan p. Posted - 09/26/2005 : 5:16:44 PM
if what you say is true, then you are what we call in the business, smart.

just for future referece, when you wish to quote someone, there's an icon over that person's post, and that does all the work. i don't do it that much, either, though.
Robin Posted - 09/26/2005 : 2:47:08 PM
I've listened to Airamerica only a handful of TIMEs but I like it alot, I agree one has to find other sources for the "News" if we are to get a balanced (truthful?) perspective. As for our "dry drunk" of prez, well, if he has the excuse that he drinks and that's why he's such a babbling fool...I almost think that's worse.
Lindalu Posted - 09/25/2005 : 10:02:45 PM
Okay, you have to read between your own lines to see my responses. (how ironic is that?) I haven't mastered the boards yet!
Lindalu Posted - 09/25/2005 : 10:00:55 PM
quote:

hey, haven't heard from you in a while. how have you been?
Hey Dan! I've been okay, how about you?
i don't know about you, but i for one would be comforted somewhat to know george bush was drinking again, because that would be at least some explaination for some of things he says.
I agree-it could also explain his 365 "vacation days" don't you think?
also, there's no one what doesn't "spin" information. if you believe that democrats, third parties, or whatever doesn't spin information, then much to learn you still have. the only real difference is anyone with brain one can tell the spin a conservative establishment puts on something. not exactly subtle stuff.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not so naive or so far left that I don't see it coming from every direction and I can differentiate most of the truths and lies.
there's no real danger in watching "mainstream" news, as long as you keep your guard up and your eyes open. ideally, you'll want to do mainstream and your slightly less mainstream news. the more information you have, the easier it is to detect spin and seperate it from fact. i am certain that any news source you, or anyone else gets will spin something just enough to make their opinions look good to people, or to fit an agenda. it's unwise to take anything said at face value because it was said by some news source that isn't "mainstream." whatever "mainstream" is. I still watch FOX, MSNBC and CNN, I just watch it knowing that the major corporations that own these stations only let us hear and see a portion of what's really going on (ex. how much coverage did any of them do on the major stop the war protests that just went on all over the world this weekend?)

Arthen Posted - 09/25/2005 : 5:40:03 PM
I saw a headline that George Bush was drinking again...in the National Enquirer.
dan p. Posted - 09/25/2005 : 4:40:28 PM
hey, haven't heard from you in a while. how have you been?

i don't know about you, but i for one would be comforted somewhat to know george bush was drinking again, because that would be at least some explaination for some of things he says.

also, there's no one what doesn't "spin" information. if you believe that democrats, third parties, or whatever doesn't spin information, then much to learn you still have. the only real difference is anyone with brain one can tell the spin a conservative establishment puts on something. not exactly subtle stuff.

there's no real danger in watching "mainstream" news, as long as you keep your guard up and your eyes open. ideally, you'll want to do mainstream and your slightly less mainstream news. the more information you have, the easier it is to detect spin and seperate it from fact. i am certain that any news source you, or anyone else gets will spin something just enough to make their opinions look good to people, or to fit an agenda. it's unwise to take anything said at face value because it was said by some news source that isn't "mainstream." whatever "mainstream" is.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000