Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Shows I saw this weekend

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dirtysloth Posted - 11/18/2001 : 11:50:44 AM
What a weekend. I saw Tim Friday and Saturday night. As promised, I have videos. I was in the first row both nights and they are absolutely incredible! There were a couple more people recording Friday night, one with a mike by the right speaker and one out of the soundboard(but just onto cassette), so hopefully we'll hookup and make something cool out of it. I'll be sending Kyle the show, I guess they will too. Only thing is that I borrowed my friend's camera and he only had one battery to go with it, which died after sixty minutes... which is really a shame. So on my way from Asheville to Roanoke, I stopped at Wal*Mart and got another battery. Then a couple hours later I headed out again for Chattanooga(I had to go back to Roanoke because I went to the first show w/ my father and he had to be back the next day, came down to Chatty w/ my mother). So last night's tapes turned out great... I am an amateur though, so forgive me that I missed a couple seconds of the beginning of one song while I was changing a tape, and a couple seconds of the encore when my new battery died(which was quickly replaced to catch the last moments of the show).

So enough about recording, let me talk about the shows. The show in Asheville was great, but the audience was less than perfect. Some girl in the beginning kept shouting "Show us America!" or something stupid. A few more people kept shouting "Stream!" a little later, even the guy beside me who I told beforehand not to do that. But besides that they were a good audience. I got in free... I was third in line and the people in front of us gave us some extra tickets... I'll be sending them a copy of what I got of the show. I don't know what else to say, you all know he tore it up, but I think Do It Yourself was especially cool that night and he went nuts on As Far As We Can See(I think I missed both of those songs ). I stayed after for a couple hours and met up with Tim and the boys as they were headed out. Fluffy was kind enough to take a picture of us(thanks Fluffy). Tim autographed our ticket stubs and was just being his cool, down-to-earth self. 2 AM, time for the 4.5 hour drive back to Roanoke.

I didn't really have the money to buy the tapes and batteries and such as it was so when Fluffy put us on the guest list for the next night, that helped tremendously. I can't thank you enough Fluffy! The audience was amazing. A little screaming when Tim was on fire, which was definitey appropriate, but otherwise silent until every song was over... I've been to 5 Tim shows and that was by far the best audience, but that's the only TIMe I've seen him in an auditorium and not a bar. The most moving song of both nights came as the first encore of this show. I know it was a cover song, but I don't know what it was, it was very beautiful and touching. Rew came out in a mask, Slipknot style(am I right? I wouldn't know... reminded me of some metal band...)... and was talking in a funny accent telling people to check out the merchandise... I got at least some of that on tape. Talked to Fluffy after the show and he said he got a pic of me and Tim while I was recording him playing. Can't wait to see it.

Again, Fluffy, thanks for everything... you all are a great group of people and really know how to connect with the fans. I'm already anticipating the next time you come my way.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Saint Jude Posted - 11/20/2001 : 12:01:11 PM
Sweet, thanks man.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Fluffy Posted - 11/20/2001 : 05:13:26 AM
Hey Saint Jude, Have them contact Tom Baggott at thebookingagency.com Links to him can be found on the links page at TimReynolds.com Hope to see you in St Paul.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
dirtysloth Posted - 11/20/2001 : 01:58:58 AM
Yeah, if there's a summer tour I'll definitely catch as many dates as possible, however many that may be, and I'd tape every one I could make it to... I guess I'd better get a job and start saving... whether there's a tour or not I'll need the $ for college.

Peace,
Patrick

Saint Jude Posted - 11/20/2001 : 12:43:05 AM
God that would be sweet if a whole tour could get taped... i would love to help in anyway possable... hell i would fallow behind the van in my car... but this new school i am going to is 4 semesters straight... they are gunna bombard me with guitar techniques, scales, and damn near everything guitar or music related. I have a friend there right now and he said that they were actually trying to get tim to come out to them. So fluff, if you get a call from a place called music tech in st. paul minnesota... please go there... u guys can crash at my apartment that is 1 block away... www.pointeofstpaul.com (----- thats my new aprt. . its like a resort hotel. and there is a guest room in the building... but i will sleep on the patio and u guys can stay inside.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Fluffy Posted - 11/20/2001 : 12:32:24 AM
If you follow the tour I will be more than happy to put you on the guest list to save you a little money. IT would be great if we could document the whole tour on video. Kyle would be so happy.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
dirtysloth Posted - 11/20/2001 : 12:27:50 AM
You couldn't ask for a better picture from a home video camera, but the sound wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. Anyway, they're still a great addition to the collection and I'll probably have them out to ya tomorrow. I can't wait for another show either... if I had the time and money I'd follow a whole tour, or at least quite a bit of it... but then again, if there's any possibility of a summer tour, I might just be able to do that...

Peace,
Patrick

Fluffy Posted - 11/20/2001 : 12:17:21 AM
Thanx for making the trips Patrick, Glad your second show tape came out better, can't wait to see it. I got still pics of Rew in the mask, they will be on the website with the tour pics when I can get to it. Thanx again for the support Patrick. Look forward to seeing you again at another show.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
dirtysloth Posted - 11/19/2001 : 10:59:44 PM
Check out www.devonmusic.com. If you want a video tape of Tim's set from Saturday's show e-mail me and we'll set something up.

Peace,
Patrick

unixpeon Posted - 11/19/2001 : 11:41:41 AM
I finally made it to my first Tim show and it was amazing. I went to the Chattanooga show Saturday night and the respect that I have for Tim is now multiplied by a thousand. Everyone there was just in awe of his talent and imagination. I hope that he makes it back to the Chattanooga area and seeing him in an auditorium rather then a bar was a real treat!

Also, the girl who opened for him was really great. Devon I think? If anyone knows where I can buy some of her music let me know.

-Adam
KevinLesko Posted - 11/18/2001 : 7:42:53 PM
Sounds like you had an awesome time Patrick! But hell, going to TR shows, how can you not?

I gotta see some pics of Rew in a slipknot mask!!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000