Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Katrina, she's no lady!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PJK Posted - 08/28/2005 : 12:23:46 PM
Wondering if any of our board members are in Katrina's path. Anyone from the New Orleans area? I know Jason is in Mississippi, hope you are staying safe, gotta watch those tornados that come out of hurricanes!

Thinking of everyone in Katrina's path, know that you have friends on this board so don't hesitate to ask for help.

Peace everyone!
34   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
guitarisPIMP Posted - 09/11/2005 : 10:53:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

quote:
Originally posted by Zachmozach

GuitarisPIMP, I looked at that and I was wondering WTF it was. Then I looked for a while longer and still thought WTF. Then I put it in courier and I still went WTF. I'm just wondering now for curiosities sake what it is?

same

It was a peace sign. But, I guess when I copy pasted it into the browser it just self-destructed or something. Damnit, I spent a long time on that too.

I think I'll stick to music as my art, not ASCII.
PJK Posted - 09/09/2005 : 1:46:39 PM
I see FEMA director Michael Brown will soon be out of a job, hummm didn't see that coming. LOL
dan p. Posted - 09/04/2005 : 4:14:12 PM
alright, so hows about this for a deal: let's just drop this and not get in each other's way. i can't i won't be making negative posts, because that'd probably be a lie. but how about i'll stay away from getting into things with your posts that don't have to do with tim reynolds' tour (he should come to albany,) you do the same, and we'll just finally have some peace. because look how absurd it gets? this whole emotional balance thing? i don't know why i brought that up, and it doesn't have a place here because as we both admitted, we don't know each other. so rather than running in circles, let's just give it a rest.

deal?
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/04/2005 : 3:18:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zachmozach

GuitarisPIMP, I looked at that and I was wondering WTF it was. Then I looked for a while longer and still thought WTF. Then I put it in courier and I still went WTF. I'm just wondering now for curiosities sake what it is?

same
Zachmozach Posted - 09/04/2005 : 2:59:16 PM
guitarisPIMP Posted - 09/03/2005 : 11:18:30 PM
oooh i fucked that picture up. Um...copy paste it into courier and it looks good
Fluffy Posted - 09/03/2005 : 9:43:30 PM
Thanx guitarisPIMP, I am centered, PEACEful and tranquil!!
guitarisPIMP Posted - 09/03/2005 : 5:15:28 PM
Increase the peace.
)))))))))))))#########)))))))))))))))))))))))
)))))))))))#############)))))))))))))))))))))))
))))))))))### ### ###)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
)))))))))### ### ###))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
))))))))### ##### ###)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
))))))))### ####### ###)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
)))))))))### ## ### ## ###))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
))))))))))#### ### ####)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
)))))))))))#############))))))))))))))))))))))))))
))))))))))))##########))))))))))))))))))))))))
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I took the time to make that, so stare at it, think about it, and get along. bottom line. be happy together & chill.
Fluffy Posted - 09/03/2005 : 2:33:13 PM
quote:
so once again, if you want to deal in blame, it comes back to you. the original mistake was yours. the initial attack was yours. admit it. you're looking for reasons to fight me.

I already accepted responsibility for BOTH, If you reread my posts. As for your next comment. In all honesty I AVOID you and your posts because you are so negative. If I was looking to fight or pick on you I have plenty of opportunities from any one of you posts. On the contrary, I avoid engaging you until you come into direct contact with me thru your posts. Since I have discovered thru past experience that you are impossible to have a rational conversation or discussion with I avoid engaging you or commenting on you posts. If you do the same for me I guess we will have no future run-ins.

As for your attacks on me and my "thinly veiled negativity" you can say what you want these are your opinions of me and you are entitled to them as I am of you. I am not threatened by them nor do I find them offensive, just uninformed. I have my negative moments as does everyone. They are part of the human condition. As you said yourself, you can't have one without the other. Now as for "spouting" negativity maybe I was spouting in this post, but overall I would say that the "spouting negative" is much more a case of the pot calling the kettle black. You spout negativity at every possible turn. If one of us gives off a air of imbalance when it comes to their positive/negative sides it is you. Leaning to the negative. Yes in your life away from this board you may have the perfect balance for all I know. As you pointed out, we don't know each other, but from your posts on this message board you reek of negativity showing no balance whatsoever. I fully embrace my negative side as a part of my being yet I try to keep it in check as I believe "spouting negativity" to the world has a negative impact on that world. Sometimes, when angered, I admit I can't control it. Like when you showed no human compassion for the victims in New Orleans in you post. YES, I lost it and I am ashamed that I let you and your negativity get to me the way I did. You on the other hand seem to thrive on your negativity. I challenged one member of the board to find the thread where you had been positive. I just don't see it. All you do is spout negativity. And YES, it frustrates me. Not that you don't agree with me. I could care less that you don't agree with me. I realize that most people in the world probably don't agree with me. Even my father and I don't see eye to eye, but I still love him and not just because he's my father but because I respect him and his well thought out opinions even thought they don't agree with mine. I don't dislike you because we don't agree on the 1st Americans thread, I don't like you because you are a negative person who seems to have no compassion for your fellow man. Of course that is just my impression from you here on the board and like everyone else I am entitled to my opinion. Hopefully in your life away from this board you exhibit a more balanced approach to your positive/negative side.
dan p. Posted - 09/03/2005 : 1:44:03 PM
i've read some absurdly bad things in news posts before, usually by fox news employees, so i've just come to expect that.

ok fluffy. let's just cut the bullshit for a minute and, for clarity's sake, recap what happened. you're not a stupid man, so this shouldn't be hard. you made your mistake. i believed it, which doesn't make me look stupid (you may think so, but what you think about how what i do makes me look doesn't mean fuck to me.) i responded with how i felt about a reporter who writes like that, under the impression that he actually did. and then i misread the second quote. my mistake there. i didn't admit it before, because it was pointed out and i felt that was enough. but if you want my admission, i admit i misread the quote. but then, rather than just saying "hey dan, the reporter didn't actually say that. that quote was mine and i put it in the wrong place, and by the way you misread the quote about potshots. try again." or something like that, you had to go in, unprovoked, and do your adorable tirade on my post. and to top it all off, you did your little number and about wasting negative energy. now, i don't know why you would go through the trouble to be so irritating over two mistakes, one mine and one yours, but i have one idea.

i believe that you're still pissed off about a certain thread regarding native americans, and that you're throwing little tantrums every now and again at me. if that's the case, and you don't really have to confirm or deny it, then i'd have to say it's time to grow up and accept the fact that sometimes people don't agree with you, even if it applies to the history of your people. boo fucking hoo. move on. and if that's not the case, then i guess you're being a child for some other weird reason.

i gave you the whole lopsided spiel because your comment about my negativity came off as pious and high handed nonsense. if i really had to answer whether you were lopsided or spouting negativity, i'd still say both. it isn't that you don't have a negative side or don't use it, it's just that you think you're not being negative just because you're not overtly offensive. your last post is different, and to a certain extent, i appreciate the honesty. if you're going to fight with me, i'd prefer you just come right out with it like you did just now. saves us both the trouble. for the most part, though, you hide your negativity behind thin veils. you don't admit to it, and that makes you lopsided. but that'd be just a guess, since we don't really know each other. we're all predisposed to certain dispositions. mine happens to be anger, or negativity if you like. but i admit to the full spectrum and embrace it, not hide it or bottle it up.

so once again, if you want to deal in blame, it comes back to you. the original mistake was yours. the initial attack was yours. admit it. you're looking for reasons to fight me.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 09/03/2005 : 10:20:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

Katrina Sucks Gopher Balls!!!

What he said.
Zachmozach Posted - 09/02/2005 : 7:48:54 PM
I heard some of that Mayor's comments he was straight pissed off. I would love to see the meeting between him and Bush.

Oh and in case you didn't see it in the other thread ...
quote:
Ok I was thinking about this whole hurricane situation and gas prices and all, and it all seemed like dejavu (?I don't know how to spell that). Then I remembered. There was a show all about this on TV earlier this summer. Check it out http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/oilstorm/main.html

The synopsis is reading earily like real life events. A hurricane smashes into Lousiana and cripples oil production and then a sort of choas insues after the economy collapses basically. Anyway it's a little odd. Like W said though nobody expected something like this could happen, even if a TV show was made or no matter what the Army Corps of engineers told him.
Fluffy Posted - 09/02/2005 : 6:23:36 PM
Bush began the day at the White House where he expressed unhappiness with the efforts so far to provide food and water to hurricane victims and to stop looting and lawlessness in New Orleans. "The results are not acceptable," said Bush, who rarely admits failure.

Later, he said he was talking about security problems in New Orleans and the fact that food and medicine had not reached thousands of people who need it.

The president's comments came after New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin lashed out at federal officials, telling a local radio station "they don't have a clue what's going on down here."

Even Republicans were criticizing Bush and his administration for the sluggish relief effort. "I think it puts into question all of the Homeland Security and Northern Command planning for the last four years, because if we can't respond faster than this to an event we saw coming across the Gulf for days, then why do we think we're prepared to respond to a nuclear or biological attack?" said former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

He urged Bush to name former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani as the White House point person for relief efforts. Rep. John Sweeney, R-N.Y., also suggested Giuliani or former Secretary of State Colin Powell or retired Gen. Tommy Franks to take charge of the relief efforts.

Asked later how the richest country on Earth could not meet the needs of its people, Bush said "I am satisfied with the response. I am not satisfied with all the results."

The White House announced Bush had approved federal disaster aid for Texas and Arkansas, which also suffered hurricane damage. Bush urged people to donate money to the Red Cross and said he would sign the $10.5 billion in federal disaster relief later Friday

The president rejected suggestions that the United States could not afford both the war in Iraq and the hurricane cleanup. "We'll do both. We've got plenty of resources to do both," he said. He also said there were plenty of National Guard troops.

While some states have suspended state motor fuel taxes, Treasury Department officials in Washington said there was no discussion about reducing the federal tax on gasoline.

(from AP just so ya know)
guitarisPIMP Posted - 09/02/2005 : 6:08:11 PM
Interesting how different they took the tsunami over in East Asia, which also was a disaster MUCH worse than this. There, you had people whose possessions were all completely lost going out and helping others. Here, you have people arming themselves to go jack a big-screen TV and walking away with it, waste-deep in water thinking it's going to be of any use other than the kind of use you would get out of a brick, or a bench.

Not surprising to me, however, considering good ol' U.S. society values material possession and self-glorification more than anything, and over there they value the fact that a person can live a much simpler, happier life doing what they've been doing. Different continent, different world...

fuck..i should have just edited my previous post...im becoming a POST WHORE!
guitarisPIMP Posted - 09/02/2005 : 5:57:41 PM
Yeah, dan, if you think you can walk/run/swim away from a hurricane, you're mistaken. Remember it's not just New Orleans, but the area a good 100 miles around it that got royally fucked. That means that in order to have escaped such a brutal spanking by mother nature, you would have to have some form of transportation capable of going, say 100 to 150 miles or farther within a day or two, considering the speed at which hurricanes move. Keep in mind the airports were all shut down, people were stranded there. Not only that, but people got stuck after they closed the highways after a certain time, completely disregarding the fact that other people needed to get out. Not only that, but when you have an entire city trying to get out, you have to realize the stress that puts on the transportation systems, no matter how many roads, highways, subways they've got. A few million people don't move out of an area that vast within a couple days. Some people got royally fucked because of the poorly planned evacuation and poor warning.

Given all of that, though, I still would try to get the fuck out, or at least get somewhere very high close by to wait it out for rescue. I would probably try to walk the the highway anyways untill I found my way to faster transportation or a place to stay. Unless you want to stay and care for an elderly loved one, I find it a pretty dumb idea to just head home after realizing there's no way you're going to be able to use the roads or get anywhere too far.
Fluffy Posted - 09/02/2005 : 4:27:52 PM
.....and so does dan p.

(imho, I so love acting childish, just so ya know)
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/02/2005 : 3:55:41 PM
Katrina Sucks Gopher Balls!!!
Fluffy Posted - 09/02/2005 : 3:36:00 PM
Your right and rest of the world is wrong as always danp.

Happy now. The great part is I am always readily willing to admit I made a mistake. You just like to lash out. Instead of going woops I made a mistake you lash out even more. You are truly unbelieveable. NO, I did not expect you to KNOW or even anticipate MY error. But do you know how stupid it make you look to actually believe that an AP reporter would use the phrase so you know only a fucking stupid imbecile would you a phrase like that SO YOU KNOW!!! I am willing to admit it you defend yourself no matter how WRONG you are. By the way, when you are wrong I will "SHIT on you post while glossing over the fact?" glossing over the fact, are you fucking out of your mind or do you just have none?
quote:
I accidently inserted my comment inside the "quote" box instead of at the end of the post where it was intended and where it properly resides now just so ya know.

I hardly call that glossing over. I admit MY mistake right up front. Instead of admitting yours you proceed to BLAME someone else for any shortcoming you have. Blah blah blah Also your an idiot because I can't be BOTH. Lopsided and spouting negativity. Which is it my friend. I either wasted negative NRG (which I fully admit I did unlike you) or I am lopsided because I have no negative side. Without a negative side how could I spout such negativity? HMMMM guess you need to stop attacking so fucking much and think about your actual comments instead of just typing them.
Robin Posted - 09/02/2005 : 1:33:35 PM
Well put Fluffy. I'm just overwhelmed at the thought of those people in the sweltering heat and humidity without food or water. Little babies, and old folks dying of dehydration. Our government can manage to organize planes and troops to bomb the hell out of a country far far away, and in an incredibly TIMely manner. Yet here in our very own U.S. they cannot manage to get water and food in out less than five days. And our president with that stupid smirk telling everyone, to be patient. Poorest people left to their own devices and the media clucking their collective tongues about lootiing. It's beyond my comprehension at this point.
And sorry Dan, but it's not so easy to "just leave" when you have lived someplace all your life with your entire extended family in many cases,and have no car, or even money to go... where? Most people have the idea that the government will have a plan to help them in a situation like this. That's what we all are taught isn't it. Our President CHOSE to fund a war and ignore fixing three hundred year old levees in an area that is critical. I hear he's "visiting" New Orleans today, I hope they throw stuff at him. Peace, Robin
dan p. Posted - 09/02/2005 : 1:27:35 PM
yeah, i guess i really should have anticipated your mistake of putting a comment intended to be at the end of a post in the middle of a block of quote. and i guess it's not that big a deal, since it only drastically changes the tone of the quote. don't know how i could have possibly missed that. the misunderstanding is entirely your fault. not mine. so don't start shitting on my post while glossing over the fact that i misunderstood because you put two whole sentences in the wrong place. the very fact this conversation is happening at all is because of you.

calling my post a ridiculous overreaction is a judgement call, and i will disregard it as such. suppose that the reporter did say "just so ya know." it would be damaging to the credibility of the report and of the reporter as well as ap at large, and would take away from the seriousness of the report. on a larger scale, it would hint at a possible decline in the overall quality of writing, if ap chose to publish such a report. obviously it's ok for you to say "just so ya know" because you're not writing news reports. i don't understand what hamfisted point you were trying to drive home by repeating the phrase over and over, and i suppose it doesn't even matter.

also, about negative engery. you wasted just as much as i did, if not more. i mean after all, you took the time to dissect my whole post, cleverly threw "just so know" in to almost every sentence, and created a running sarcastic thread concerning your employment with ap. so. . .way to go, i guess. if i was overreacting, then so are you. just because you're afraid of anger and negativity doesn't mean you're a positive person. it means you're emotionally lopsided. negativity and anger are as much a part of the human spectrum as joy and love.
Fluffy Posted - 09/02/2005 : 11:15:32 AM
quote:
"OH, and Fats Domino is missing, he apparently tried to ride out the storm with his wife and daughter. Just so ya know."

"There are people just taking potshots at police and at helicopters, telling them, "You better come get my family."

who the fuck is writing for the associated press, or any sort of news source, that writes like that? "just so ya know?" it's a fucking news article, not a note to friend passed in study hall. ridiculous. this person should be fired. ideally, he shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Hate to rain on your tirade danp(rain may be a bad choice of words given the topic just so ya know hehe)........

who the fuck is writing for the associated press, or any sort of news source, that writes like that? "just so ya know?"
I guess I was writing for AP and I guess I DO write like that just so ya know. LOL I accidently inserted my comment inside the "quote" box instead of at the end of the post where it was intended and where it properly resides now just so ya know.

it's a fucking news article, not a note to <A> friend passed in study hall.
Actually NO it's not, it certainly has more in common with a "note passed to a friend in study hall" than with a "FUCKING" news article just so ya know.

ridiculous.
Yes, a ridiculous accident placing my comment inside the quote box followed by a ridiculous overreaction to my mistake just so ya know.

this person should be fired.
Don't worry, I have been just so ya know. I will never be writing for AP again just so ya know.

ideally, he shouldn't have been hired in the first place.
AP and myself couldn't agree with you more just so ya know. And for your own sanity, which is obviously teetering on the edge, will be relieved to that in reality I have not been hired by AP just so ya know.

Last but not least(just so ya know).....

"There are people just taking potshots at police and at helicopters, telling them, "You better come get my family."

In your ZEEL to attack I guess you didn't notice where that is a "QUOTE" from Coast Guard Lt. Cmdr. Cheri Ben-Iesan so complaining about the AP reporters grammer seems way outta line just so ya know. What should he do, change the Lt Cmdr's grammer because it's bad? That wouldn't be very professional to MISquote just so ya know.

Gee sure wish you could get as angry about the situation in NO as you did about the grammer of a reporter. Notice the wasted negative NRG? JUST SO YA KNOW!

PJK Posted - 09/02/2005 : 05:35:28 AM
Not sure about the slowly sinking away stuff, but they are below sea level.

In part I agree dan, I couldn't understand why people didn't leave either, but realistically how far are you going to get walking? More to the point, why weren't buses brought in BEFORE the storm hit to take people out of there? Bush actually declared it a disaster area before the storm hit, so why wasn't that done?

As for Fats Domino, he was found and rescued. Good to know people in high places, no pun intended! He was rescued because of who he was and people were on the phones to everyone possible to get him help. Other people had no one who even cared enough about them to call, or had all their relatives and friends in the same situation they were
in.

Any way you look at it, it's a sad situation. Pathetic! When a hospital administrator has to call the associated press for help because all the government agencies were turning a deaf ear, thats pathetic! Worse yet, their morgue was flooded and they had to put bodies on the roof to keep the stink out of the rooms! Between the dead bodies and the polluted waters that whole area must reek of stench!

I was also upset watching a mother trying to wake up her baby who hadn't eaten in days! Where the f* was the government? Too many childen and elderly down there, I don't care why they couldn't get out, I care that no one has helped them.

As for looting, the assholes who are taking things of value to get rich, their day will come, but many are looking for food and water, to those people I say "do what you have to do" to survive! Doesn't really matter much anyway, except for the guns stolen, because the whole area is one big insurance claim. Much of the things stolen would not be sold again anyway.

Feeling helpless is the pits!
Arthen Posted - 09/02/2005 : 02:42:25 AM
I'm not an expert, so please keep that in mind...

Hasn't New Orleans been slowly sinking into the gulf? Is there something that can be done to prevent the sinking of a whole city?
dan p. Posted - 09/02/2005 : 01:47:31 AM
"OH, and Fats Domino is missing, he apparently tried to ride out the storm with his wife and daughter. Just so ya know."

who the fuck is writing for the associated press, or any sort of news source, that writes like that? "just so ya know?" it's a fucking news article, not a note to friend passed in study hall. ridiculous. this person should be fired. ideally, he shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

it's really not the fact that people are looting, but the fact that people are there at all. here's what i don't get: there's a hurricane coming. you live below sea-level. that means you leave. there is no "no way to evacuate." do you walk? do you have a wheelchair? a car? a bike? friends with means of getting out? the only excuse for not leaving is if you're totally incapable motion and you don't know anyone. or, you know, if you're really old and frail. i don't understand "couldn't leave."
PJK Posted - 09/01/2005 : 8:03:53 PM
Got an email from moveon.org and I thought it was pretty cool. They are trying to find people who might be able to take in people who lost their homes in the hurricane. I would do this for sure if I lived in the South. (Bet its a tax deduction too.) I just think its a nice thing to do if one has the means to do it.

http://www.hurricanehousing.org

http://www.moveon.org/r?r=859 This one is for the Red Cross.

I still don't understand why we aren't getting help to these people, some who haven't eaten anything since Monday! We sent help quicker to the tsunami victims! I know there is a concert tomorrow night for hurricane relief. I am going to give, but just haven't decided which organization I am going to donate to yet.
Zachmozach Posted - 09/01/2005 : 5:36:31 PM
Taking food and supplies is one thing, but yeah arming yourself and going out and looting like pirates or vikings is just crazy. One of the biggest natural disasters in the world and this is how some people react. Crazy.
PJK Posted - 09/01/2005 : 5:31:12 PM
Sad too that one of the hospitals had to call the associated press for help!

Don't know what to say about the looters except "what goes around, comes around." The whole situation is sick. It broke my heart to see all the elderly in wheelchairs lined up in the dome.

I must admit, I never thought that some people had no way to evacuate. I felt pretty ignorant, as I assumed anyone who stayed did so because they were being defiant or were part of police/hospitals/etc. As I quickly found out, that was not the case! Makes you count your blessings!

The school I work at is raising money for relief efforts by doing a walk. I just hope the kids realize how lucky they are.
Fluffy Posted - 09/01/2005 : 3:03:25 PM
I would assume most of you are following this story, as is most of the country. There have been some developments that I find disturbing. Guess I shouldn't be surprised given the state of the US these days but it certainly is troubling.

from Associated Press:

quote:
An additional 10,000 National Guardsman from across the country were ordered into the hurricane-ravaged Gulf Coast to shore up security, rescue and relief operations in Katrina's wake as looting, shootings, gunfire, carjackings spread and food and water ran out.

But some Federal Emergency Management rescue operations were suspended in areas where gunfire has broken out, Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said in Washington. "In areas where our employees have been determined to potentially be in danger, we have pulled back," he said.

"Hospitals are trying to evacuate," said Coast Guard Lt. Cmdr. Cheri Ben-Iesan, spokesman at the city emergency operations center. "At every one of them, there are reports that as the helicopters come in people are shooting at them. There are people just taking potshots at police and at helicopters, telling them, "You better come get my family.

Police Capt. Ernie Demmo said a National Guard military policeman was shot in the leg as the two scuffled for the MP's rifle. The man was arrested.

According to CNN a police officer was shot by an armed looter when he surprised them. May I ask, what is wrong with people? Is this how people should respond in a crisis? Very sad to say the least. As disturbing as the news of Katrina's devastion was, peoples reaction to the situation is even more disturbing. Seems people will take advantage of ANY situation. Very, very sad.

OH, and Fats Domino is missing, he apparently tried to ride out the storm with his wife and daughter. Just so ya know.
dan p. Posted - 08/31/2005 : 6:46:54 PM
what the fuck do you think that eye is for? hint: it's not an eye at all.

my fiancee was down there, but as i understand it she left before the madness decended.
Zachmozach Posted - 08/29/2005 : 8:53:36 PM
I'm pretty sure hooking up with a hurricane is probably illeagal, maybe not though.
Arthen Posted - 08/29/2005 : 8:49:43 PM
She's no lady, she's my wife.
Zachmozach Posted - 08/29/2005 : 6:30:15 PM
Or at least try to spread them out more evenly. I mean there are certain oil companies with the majority of their refineries there and they gotta be ready to kill the guy who said let's just build them all right here.
dan p. Posted - 08/29/2005 : 11:17:58 AM
you know what an awesome idea would be? not putting oil refineries where hurricanes might get them.
Zachmozach Posted - 08/28/2005 : 10:17:11 PM
I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the How much are you paying for gas thread, but let it be known that Lousiana holds about a third of the countries oil refineries and because of this hurricane production was already shut down. If the hurricane destroys them it will be very problematic, but either way you can expect gas to skyrocket. It wouldn't surprise me to see $5.00 prices, but we'll see how far up they go. Basically if you need to fill up do it now rather then later when prices jump up.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000