Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 A question for my Guitar Friends...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
crash258 Posted - 11/17/2001 : 12:08:36 PM
Why is it some days I can play like im the man,
and on others I feel like i need to take some begining lesson.
(i was exaggerating but you get the picture)
(i never took lessons)

Like today, im on fire, i can nail all those 16th and 32nd note runs Tim does.

But who knows tomorrow, I wont be able to form a chord much less play anything to difficult.

i hate that!.
Philip

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
crash258 Posted - 11/17/2001 : 6:01:25 PM
When I get frustrated (spelling?) and feel like the world is coming to an end for my guitar playing.

Ill try and tab out a difficult song, forcing me to go slowly.

When I slow everything down a little first, I find it much eaiser to take things back up to speed.

thats my best tool,

Philip

Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/17/2001 : 4:16:30 PM
Cool... I'll work something up for you. I'll definitely have something for you before I leave for home Tuesday night. If anyone else is interested just shoot me an email. We can have a kinda online "lesson" type thing going on. I'd also be curious to hear from a few of the more established players on here about any good learning tools that you may have come across which I may have not come across before. Just email me if interested.
-J

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/17/2001 : 3:37:08 PM
Jeff, that would probably be helpful. As it is, I don't even know exactly what you mean by "fingering exercises." I guess you mean the same thing that they say Satellite (by DMB) originated. Dave exercising then changing frets and BOOM there it was. Sure, I'd appreciate that, tho I'm not sure I could even do that. I'll email you...

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/17/2001 : 2:24:59 PM
By the way Jason... I can't stress how helpful just doing some fingering excercises and using a metronome are. Just shoot me an email if you would like me to work something up for you (tab wise), I'd be more than happy to.
-J

atlantamusician Posted - 11/17/2001 : 2:23:17 PM
actually, i've been wondering something like that too. I play saxophone, not guitar. but being a performer, I was wondering if musicians of Tim's stature and experience ever just get burned out. Right now i'm feeling great about my playing and the motivation is all there-- but sometimes it gets rough.

my biggest question is what he does about it if, in fact, it does happen? if anybody has ever heard his thoughts on that sort of thing (Fluffy?) or has there own i'd love to hear and share my own.

"I read the news today oh boy"
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/17/2001 : 2:22:25 PM
I have good days and bad days as well... there are days when I feel I can't possibly do wrong... then there are days that I just have to put it down before I go crazy with frustration with myself. I find that I feel like I play worse and worse the more dead my strings get, which I why I try to change them as often as possible.
-J

crash258 Posted - 11/17/2001 : 2:06:31 PM
Keep practicing my man, Ive been playing for over 10 years, so you know from me (it doesnt get any better, your always gonna have shitty days),

I wonder if Tim has shitty days?
If he does its probably 10x better than my best days.

youll be playing with the best of them very soon,
Its really all up to you, how much you practice.

peace,
Philip

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/17/2001 : 12:44:41 PM
Yeah Philip, except for me, on some days I play like I need to take a beginning lesson. On the other days, I play like I need to take a beginning lesson. I've only just begun. But that's ok with me, I didn't think I would be amazing having just started.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000