Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Stick Figures - Greg Howard

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/16/2001 : 7:19:26 PM
So this is a great album. I have a question about #5, Big Meadows. I am probably really really wrong on this one, but that sounds like a cover of some not-really-all-that-old song. I can't think of the name of it, but some of the lyrics (and incidentally, the piece of music that backs these lyrics also seem to be the music that Greg's playing). "I know the pieces fit/I ..." and that's all I remember. That's the chorus, maybe.

Greg's matching part starts at about 2:05 in the track, if you have that.

Just curious about that. No real reason.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/24/2001 : 11:52:18 AM
Don't want anyone to misunderstand....I only taped Greg on One Sweet World, not his whole set.

I finally did make a copy, so I now officially know how and all that, so I'll be getting it out more and soon...Someone with two vcrs that's willing to trade this show with people, please email me.

-Jason-

Reese Posted - 11/19/2001 : 8:07:08 PM
jason you have to keep us updated on that greg recording. that was an amazing cover.

later,
reese

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/17/2001 : 01:02:27 AM
Kevin, I love charmed life too. I just came to my room and started that cd and skipped directly to it....I don't have any other albums, tho.

And guess what else. I randomly chose one Greg Howard song at Atlanta to record, and guess which one it was? That's right, it was One Sweet World. Got it on video. So whenever I get that converted, that is a sure way for you to get your hands on it.

-Jason-

KevinGTArch Posted - 11/16/2001 : 11:55:32 PM
Ok first of all Charmed Life is one of my fav. songs by Greg Howard though I'm quickly warming up to "The Ascent of Man" off of Sitcks and Stones". In the Atlanta show on 11-10-01 Greg Howard also played a version of "One Sweet World" that absolutely blew me away - if ANYONE can tell me how to get my hands on a recording or some other recorded version of it, I would be GREATLY appreciative. Thanks!

Kev

KB
KevinLesko Posted - 11/16/2001 : 8:52:24 PM
Schism is the song by the way. (bad ass video for that song!)

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/16/2001 : 8:51:58 PM
Yeah, I knew someone would get that song...I listened to the Greg song over and again, and dammit, I can't even pick out exactly where they sound alike now. I figured it was just coincidence. An interesting one, but one nonetheless.

Thanks.

-Jason-

KevinLesko Posted - 11/16/2001 : 8:50:08 PM
haha, "I know the pieces fit" are lyrics from a Tool song. I don't have that Greg cd so I can't listen for any similarities, but any that might be present would be purley coincidental.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000