Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 An extremely exciting release...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arthen Posted - 05/13/2005 : 05:02:53 AM
I'm not talking about music or movies, folks. I'm talking about syndicated comic strips, and this was the king of all.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0740748475/ref=amb_right-2_204858_3/103-6143398-0187827

That is one beautiful collection, and I plan on getting it as soon as it comes out in October.

I was heartbroken when I found out Watterson was retiring, as Calvin and Hobbes was my favorite comic. Get Fuzzy has helped fill the void, but nothing will ever reach that level of comic greatness again. The philosophy of the strip, the satire, the silliness, Calvinball, it was all so brilliant. Any other thoughts?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TalkingNeurons Posted - 05/16/2005 : 12:22:00 PM
Ooooh... I want that.
Arthen Posted - 05/14/2005 : 12:16:44 AM
The Boondocks rock. Dilbert used to entertain me, not so much anymore. Like I said, I get my biggest kicks off of Get Fuzzy. The guy throws in referrences to "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and Leo Kottke.
Erich Posted - 05/13/2005 : 11:37:22 PM
THe only thing better than this is the complete works of The Far Side sitting on my bookshelf. Bill Watterson and Gary Larson singlehandedly ruled the comics for the years the appeared together. Now, weve got some good comics like the Boondocks and Zits, but nothing with the scathing wit that Larson and Watterson had.
Jiyra Posted - 05/13/2005 : 9:27:56 PM
I thought this was going to be another masturbation story, but I was highly surprised, and I've just now added the book to my wish list!
dan p. Posted - 05/13/2005 : 11:15:30 AM
penny-aracde is coming out with a book, too. excelsior!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000