Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Coachella 2005

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 04/28/2005 : 9:51:31 PM
Tomorrow morning (6:00 am) I'm leaving for Coachella. It was a blast last year, so I'm looking forward to working the event again this year. I'm looking forward to seeing NIN, Matmos, Weezer, Wilco, New Order, Sage Francis, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers and Coldplay amung others. You'd better believe that there will be some Parallel Universe being listened to on the way out there!!!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arthen Posted - 05/03/2005 : 3:08:53 PM
Sage Francis is amazing. I regret not being able to see him when hey came by my school this past February. Glad you had a good time, too bad about the overlapping.
KevinLesko Posted - 05/03/2005 : 2:26:57 PM
What's up peeps! I'm taking today off to recover from this weekend... very exhausted. The Coachella fest was a blast. I got to see sets from Buck 65, Sage Francis, Wilco, Weezer, Coldplay, NIN, and a few others. I also worked signing in our tent with Secret Machines, Jamie Cullum, M83, Sage Francis, Dresden Dolls, Sloan, British Sea Power, Bravery, and maybe a few others I can't remember. There was a huge generator in back of our tent, facing the main stage, so my buddy and I would climb on on that and watch the sets from there... great view. The best performances were Nine Inch Nails (obviously) and (not obviously) Sage Francis, who is an underground hip-hop guy. Not only is he quite the character, but one HELL of a performer. I'm not even a fan of rap, but I was blown away. His new CD "A Health Distrust" is really good. The one thing that was a bummer was all of the performances that overlapped each other. I really wanted to see Prodigy, but they were playing in a tent, at the same time NIN was playing the main stage. There were lots of occurrences of this.

Alrighty, back to relaxing...
Arthen Posted - 04/29/2005 : 1:46:58 PM
Or at least when you get out of jail. In case you should have a little too much fun.
Saint Jude Posted - 04/29/2005 : 11:48:10 AM
Enjoy. I had hoped to somehow make it to last years. Cure and Radiohead headlined. But being i live in Wisconsin... its quite a haul. :(

But enjoy man. We expect full reports when you get back and sober up.
KevinLesko Posted - 04/29/2005 : 12:36:30 AM
quote:
they play all those acts in one place?!? God-er Kevin, what have I been missing?

It's a huge two-day music & art fesival held out in the desert every year. People from all over the world flock in. It started out being good ol' hard rock, but lately has become more of an electronica/ indie-rock gig. This year has a decent mix of artists though:

www.coachella.com
Jiyra Posted - 04/28/2005 : 9:55:54 PM
they play all those acts in one place?!? God-er Kevin, what have I been missing?

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000