Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 I am walking for breast cancer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PJK Posted - 04/09/2005 : 4:08:46 PM
I know most of you don't work or are on tight budgets and I understand but I thought I would post this on here anyway.

Breast cancer is something very dear to my heart. It struck my family three times within a year. Up to then no one in my family had cancer. I had it first, then my mom was diagnosed right before I had my surgery, then a year to the day of when I had my biopsy, my sister in Texas had a biopsy and found out she too has breast cancer! We later found out a cousin was diagnosed during the same year.

As bad as it was for my family, it is worse for others. A very good friend of mine just lost her sister-in-law Debbie, to this disease. Debbie was diagnosed with BC when I was going through chemo and we bonded because we really understood how each other felt, how rough it was to go through treatments, etc. Debbie was 6 months pregnant when she found out she had cancer. They gave her some chemo that wouldn't harm the baby and she delivered a healthy baby girl a bit early, because they wanted to treat her cancer more aggressively and they couldn't do that while she was pregnant. Debbie died the Thursday before Easter. She left behind a baby daughter, 4 year old son and a loving husband and extended family. I still can't believe she is gone.

This disease is horrible and while I get frustrated that they haven't found a cure yet, I just feel I have to do something to help other women (and men, yep men get it too) fight this beast.

I now have a website to accept donations so if you are interested in donating, here it is. Whether you donate or not, remember not to sweat the small stuff in life because life is too precious to be wasted on negativity. And if it is between donating to this cause or going to a TIM concert, go to the concert! IMO, that is food for your musical soul and it's called living!

www.doitsports.com/donations/view-pledges.tcl?txn=2463902&id=1942
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tericee Posted - 04/12/2005 : 07:23:48 AM
You rock Pam! So of course I donated!
bugman96 Posted - 04/10/2005 : 2:30:51 PM
Cancer is some nasty shit (speaking from both family stuff and a biological standpoint). Hopefully I'll be doing Relay for Life this year. And I might go into cancer research during grad school.
KevinLesko Posted - 04/10/2005 : 2:12:24 PM
You have my full support Pam, I'm on my way out the door right now, but I'll be making a donation tonight for sure.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/10/2005 : 1:48:22 PM
Great cause... great person... I made a donation.
PJK Posted - 04/10/2005 : 1:36:45 PM
Thank you both for the kind words.

pcbTIM you know you have been a very positive influence in my life, you are quite a guy and I think you are pretty damned cool too!

Arthen, I know exactly how you feel when you said you thought of me even though we never met. I think of almost everyone on the board at some time or another, yet I have only met a handful of board members in person. We really are a family here. Thank you too for your donation to the cause. It will go to good use I assure you!
Arthen Posted - 04/10/2005 : 04:27:40 AM
As funny as it sounds, I was thinking of you last night Pam! I have never even met you, or seen a picture of you for that matter, but last night I was at a Breast Cancer fund raiser in Sacramento. It was the 5th Annual "Laughs for Life" and all these Sacramento area groups come out and put on this huge event. There is a silent auction, raffle, and to top it off a performance by Dana Carvey (this year at least). And as you are the only person I have a connection with who has actually had it, I kept thinking of you. It was a great event, and raised about $121,000.

Best of luck in the walk, and to your friend's family Pam. I can't imagine their loss and what they must be going through.
pcbTIM Posted - 04/10/2005 : 03:07:23 AM
Good luck Pam. I've never actually said this to you but I'm very proud for how you dealt with your experiences....and always with a positive attitude. And like I said before, you're the coolest mom ever!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000