Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 ear plugs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zakkwyle234 Posted - 04/07/2005 : 01:35:08 AM
hey everyone. i just have a question. i've noticed my ears ringing horribly after gigs and obviously figured out that i must protect my hearing before i turn into paul gilbert. but i was just wondering, how many people in here wear earplugs and what kind. also, what kind of effect will this have on my musicianship? i can't afford the type of ear monitors that dmb and metallica wear, so how much of the music will i be unable to hear if i just wear plugs?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Muskrat Posted - 04/17/2005 : 11:24:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Silky The Pimp

WHAT?

That made me laugh out loud.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 04/10/2005 : 4:20:55 PM
I am definitely an advocate of ear plugs. I used to jam with a drummer all the time that was the loudest motherfucker I have ever played with. So of course my amp needed to be cranked to 11 to compete with his noise. He had this great pair of ear plugs that blocked out just enough noise to preserve your hearing, but you could still hear very well, so he said. I never tried them, as I am not sticking those things in my ears after they've been in his skanky ears. I could never find a pair that didn't wasn't at least 26db.

What I actually wound up doing in the case with him is plugging my guitar into my amp, and using the line out of the amp to my mixer, and then plugging headphones into the mixer. That way I could hear myself perfectly, and it blocked out a lot of the drum noise.

My end solution was just to not play with his loud ass anymore, which is the best decision I ever made

So headphones aren't the best option while on stage, but if you could track down some earplugs that do not block out too much so you can still hear fairly well, that's your best bet. I'd call around to local music stores. That's where the dipshit drummer said he got his, yet I could never find any for myself.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/10/2005 : 2:40:31 PM
WHAT?
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 04/09/2005 : 10:30:44 AM
I keep earplugs handy most times. Knowing someone who is practically deaf has led me to be very protective of my hearing. I wish more people would do the same. Hearing loss is no fun for anyone involved.
dan p. Posted - 04/07/2005 : 5:26:32 PM
earplugs are a must. that is, unless losing your hearing doesn't bother you.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 04/07/2005 : 4:51:10 PM
I recently started jamming with a drummer, so earplugs are definitely helpful in that respect, as to what kind, I dunno, but I am going to look into it for myself for good ones, I'll keep you posted.
tericee Posted - 04/07/2005 : 04:41:21 AM
I think TIM wears earplugs at his own shows...

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000