Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 TomTom rocks...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tericee Posted - 04/06/2005 : 03:55:17 AM
I finally went out and blew hundreds of dollars on a navigation system for my car.

When John and I drive around in his BMW Z4, we have the built-in nav system, but you can't move it to my Saab or his Bronco for ski trips, etc so I wanted one I can put in any car. Since TomTom GO got the best reviews from both U.S. and European organizations, that's the one I bought.

I've only been using it for a week, but I'm loving it! I tested it first to get to the airport from my house, then used it all weekend to drive to Dachau, Munich, Heidelberg, Legoland, etc. It was even able to find a couple of addresses on military bases. Very nice!

So - if you're in the market for a car navigation system, give it a look.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tericee Posted - 04/12/2005 : 07:34:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by rubylith

be careful, they know where you are...
I like the ADT comercial...their slogan is:
"ADT...We're always there"
hah
so crazy that we accept this.

TomTom isn't like OnStar; it has only a receiver, not a transmitter. It receives GPS signals and uses them to triangulate my realtime location, but it can't send that info anywhere...
tericee Posted - 04/12/2005 : 07:27:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by thomasode

yeah Tom does rock...

You rock twice, TomTom!
thomasode Posted - 04/07/2005 : 8:48:32 PM
yeah Tom does rock...
Robin Posted - 04/07/2005 : 2:49:13 PM
Thanks!
I however failed to notice the "hundreds Of dollars" part of your post Teri. I'm such space case...I was so exited about it, and yes Rubylith it is a bit creepy and it just happens so easily doesn't it? we just keep getting new and exiting gadgets that trace our every whereabout.I still want one...sigh. Too many dolars for me right now. What I really need is a driver.LOL! Peace, Robin
pcbTIM Posted - 04/07/2005 : 2:37:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GuitarGuy305

I've been considering getting something like this. I think Mapquest and Yahoo Maps are a thing of the past...that never worked in the first place.

Try this.....

maps.google.com

Click on Satellite in the top right corner. I think this is as accurate as you can get. I found my house, my school, and my dad's old house in Marin. A great way to kill time.
rubylith Posted - 04/07/2005 : 11:32:53 AM
be careful, they know where you are...
I like the ADT comercial...their slogan is:
"ADT...We're always there"
hah
so crazy that we accept this.
tericee Posted - 04/07/2005 : 05:16:03 AM
According to CNET, the cheapest price going is $549 from a place called Tiger GPS.

You can also check http://www.PriceGrabber.com for low price information.

If you want to buy one in person, TomTom lists vendors on their website.

I got mine from ShipDog.com since they are willing to ship to military APO addresses. It cost me an additional $139.00 since I also wanted the European maps. But it was still cheaper than buying locally in Euros!

TalkingNeurons Posted - 04/06/2005 : 9:16:43 PM
Tauntaun...? What...?

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 04/06/2005 : 8:51:31 PM
I've been considering getting something like this. I think Mapquest and Yahoo Maps are a thing of the past...that never worked in the first place.
Robin Posted - 04/06/2005 : 12:13:36 PM
Thanks for that info, I'd love one for my Forester.I'm not the best one when it comes to making quick decisions while driving alone in a strange city...so this possibility is kewl. What kind if cost we talkin' about? Peace, Robin
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 04/06/2005 : 08:27:15 AM
I'm not in the market for a car navigation system, but I do have a GPSreceiver that I love and love using. Very fun to play around with.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000