Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 my story of tonights tim show...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
James M. Posted - 11/15/2001 : 01:45:41 AM
alright just got back from a fucking amazing tim show...my god...ahhh..well i shall start off with how early we got there.....my friend and i..(ohh and none of my other friends showed up..i hate when that happens i think they only like to say they are going to something to look cool..ehh i dont know but either way it was just austin as he will be called now..and me...)...so we call music farm where the concert is to be held and ask what time doors open..i think this site said it was at 8...so we called to make sure...and they said it was at 9 not 8...not complaining... we all make mistakes sometimes.....so anyway...we wanted to be first row like directly in front of tim..so we get there at like 6 50! haha...yeah its safe to say we were the only ones there....so anyway we are maintaining our places next to the entrance doors which is kinda close to the mainstreet so we were looking for tims car to like pass by so we could run it down or something.....well i didnt think this would really happen but i thought ..hey its worth a try..so anyway....i told austin i would walk down to an even large street with like restaurants and crap to see if i could see the car parked somewhere cause maybe they were havin dinner..well i pass this road which is on the other side of the building and where the entrance is..and i see this car pull in....red lincoln i think....i havent seen to many pictures of their vehicle so i didnt know..but i stopped turned around and saw the car stop....and 2 big fellas get out..and then a short guy....just as this happens austin comes around the corner..(he was saving our places in line)..and is like."..is it them?!?!"....and i call out.."...hey is one of you fluffy"..which as u can imagine is a bold move in the city...calling a big guy fluffy would probably get u killed haha..but i had to know..and one of them is like..".yeah"..and im like..holy shit!!!!...so i walk over...and tim rew as i later saw parks the car..and tim is walking into the building..and i cant believe it...so i walk up to fluffy shake his hand....and tell him who i am...and what a nice guy fluffy is....austin was holding back and asking if it was fluffy from down the street and i motioned him to come over...and well basically i got a picture with fluffy which was baddd asss..then austin got on..and we talked for a bit...little political talk about this huge american flag they had hung up and how tim was like..what freaking out haha....i was like yeahh i bet he loves that....so anyway we went back around to the entrance when fluffy left...and waited...finally some other tim fans showed up..so that was cool....thennn like an hour and a half later we got in....quite a long waiting period..but it was worth it..cause we were dead center.....so anyway...after awhile alot of people came in..and these one girls...who were probably "crash whores"(one who loves crash into me and does not know anything else about dmb...and whats worse..is they are at a tim concert...if they had called out crash or any dmb song for that matter..i might have had to bitch them out...) kept getting closer and closer...and it was annoying as hell....so anyway..devon finally came out.....shittt messed up the story already..okay while were waiting...devon came out to talk on her cell phone..and i didnt know for sure if it was her..so i asked if she was devon...but like it was french like stefan...and she corrected me it was just ...devon...said regularly....and i felt like an ass..but she was nice and asked me who i was and shook my hand....then later on austin was talking to the other people waiting in line and i told him i was gonna go around back and try to see if tim would come out...and sure enough when i went back there..out comes tim..and i was like..tim....can i shake your hand.....and he walks over and im like holy shit ...tim reynolds...then he talked to rew for a second..but i wasnt goig anywhere...cause i really wanted a picture....so i ask him for one and tim took it and i was soo friggin thank ful...well austin came running over just in time to see tim..and he got him to sign his burned cd's hed made of a tim show..and tim thought it was pretty cool that he made these cool stomps of him.....so tim went back in and austin and i walk back toward our place in line and were speechless...we met the master......so now back to the future....devon walks out on stage and starts playing her song..and wow she had quite a voice....and shes hot..ive got a crush on the guitar playing beauty....well during her set there was alot of talking which pissed me off....so after her set....tim came out....and we were like yessssssssss.....so lets see...god i dont know if i can remember what he played first...i believe it was jemez rolling waves....well i cant remember the order so im just gonna say my favs that he played..and he played alot..it was liek a dream set list....lets see...as far as we can see...badddasss....and then they were free...i think he played loose interpretations which is awesome...he DID play sanity!!!..which i was suprised...sister came through....and he played rheginos!!..ohhh and he played that flash intro song to this website....whats it called?...j/k...big blast kicked asssssss......man it was such an amazing show...and the crowd wasnt too bad....i didnt hear one request for stream...well except one but the guy didnt yell it too loud...so it was all good...tim grooved out on alot of songs..and that drum machine is sweeeetttt...he was just tapping away and it sounded kick ass....so when tim finally walked off...austin was like okay give me you camera cause i need a pic with tim....so i gave him that while i went and got a nomadic wavelength poster from fluffy..(i also forgot to mention how i saw him doing his photography..it was pretty sweet to actually see it being done..hope the pics came out cool..)...so then i ran out to where i first saw tim...and waited for like 30 seconds and he comes out again..and he was kinda in a hurry..but austin convinced him to get a picture real quick...and this other kid too who i gave my number so i could get him the pic.....i didnt get the poster singed like i wanted to..but who cares i got a pic with tim its allll goood...and a few pics of him on stage which hopefully will turn out well.....well basically badass show...sorry i said so much..im sure half of u have given up on this...but the adrenaline is pumping....so i hope i dont have to wait another 2 years for the guys to come back......thanks for the wonderful show tim...
james

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 11/16/2001 : 08:24:12 AM
Hey Patrick, that sounds like a great show! We always have a great time when we are in Charleston. It is a great town.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
dirtysloth Posted - 11/15/2001 : 7:01:44 PM
Awesome story James! Thanks for sharing it with us.

The Music Farm is a really cool place, I'm sure it was a great place to see Tim(then again, where wouldn't be?). I have a small story about the Music Farm. I was in Charleston on my spring break and was just walking around town. I saw the sign for the place and thought maybe it was a guitar shop or something so I decided to check it out. As I approached it became evident that they weren't open so I was just going to continue on my way. It so happens my mother was with me and decided to look through the window. Inside you could see their concert calendar and there it was, that night, Victor Wooten was set to play. My mother wouldn't even have known his name if we hadn't been listening to Flecktones practically nonstop a couple days earlier(7 hour drive from here in VA, and I bet we listened to it halfway down there).... and she was like, "Victor Wooten, isn't that the bass player for the Flecktones?"... "Yes..." I'm wondering. "He's playing tonight!".... That was one of the most incredible shows I've ever seen. He was there with his brothers('cept Futureman), J.D. Blair for his drummer, and Steve Bailey was there too(another awesome bass player) and they took breaks to let each other do some solo work, but there was nonstop music for 3 hours. Amazing!!!

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
KevinLesko Posted - 11/15/2001 : 6:40:46 PM
I sense a hint of excitement from your story? Haha, thats cool, sounds like you had a blast! For the show in Santa Ana, CA I showed up a few hours early as well, there actually some security guys there who looked at me kinda weird and said, "uhhh you're a little bit early". They must have thought I was a nut!

James M. Posted - 11/15/2001 : 12:52:22 PM
...yeah youre right fluffy it was you who took the pic..last night i was about to go to sleep when i realized it was you who had taken the pic....which of course increases the odds of it being a good one....if not though i may have to break some legs!...j/k.....and yeah the flag didnt catch much attention at all...i know i never took my eyes off tim....it was just too awesome..
james

Fluffy Posted - 11/15/2001 : 03:32:43 AM
Hey James, It was nice meeting you tonite as well. Hope to see you again sometime. I know you were a little excited so I will forgive you for thinking Rew took the pic of you, it was actually me. Now you have a pic taken by me on your camera. Enjoy! It was a pleasure meeting you. Glad you got a chance to meet Tim, Rew and myself. Thanx for all your support and kind words. Glad you dug the show so much. Even with the big flag. Hell, with Tim onstage i bet noone even noticed the flag. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
James M. Posted - 11/15/2001 : 03:02:05 AM
haha sorry jason..i just kept typing.....but yes id say the best word to describe it was giddy...just like...dear god....i mean when u worship someone so long...and see videos of them and stuff...to finally meet them is amazing....the only thing i could think to say was the classic cliche....im a huge fan...and..you are my daddy!....okay no i didnt say that one....but he is the man!!...
james

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/15/2001 : 02:55:53 AM
James, man, next time break those stories up into segments so we will have time to refill our coffee cups...

Just playing man, that is a fabulous story...I had my on version of that same deal about a week ago...that feeling still is with me, almost like when I met Leo Kottke a few months ago...

Glad you enjoyed it...hey, were you like me when I met Leo Kottke, I was shaking (vigorously) and couldn't stop smiling and was basically giddy...

(a note of explanation...I *planned* on meeting Tim, because he makes himself so accessible, but meeting Leo was purely accidental, and probably wouldn't happen again in 100 concerts...so my meeting Leo was unexpected...hope that makes sense...)

Peace

-Jason-
ujohnb01 Posted - 11/15/2001 : 02:08:17 AM
that is so sick fucking shit man!

On the 1st day God created Tim.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000