Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 So I was pretty heartbroken last night...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Erich Posted - 03/29/2005 : 4:08:21 PM
I was listening to Bill Hicks, and i realized how uch Denis Leary ripped him off. Its pretty blatent in some places, and seeing how smart Hicks was, it makes it even sadder.

But I wasnt heartbroken about that. I enjoyed Leary's stuff,and though now its tainted, hes still got a few decent jokes of his own.

What broke my heart was looking up comic theft and seeing that Robin Williams was up there towards the top as comics who steal other peoples material. To the point where people wouldnt go on stage if they saw him in the audience. This was pretty rough to hear, since Williams has always been a favourite of mine...

http://www.kempa.com/blog/archives/000108.html

quote:
"I remember watching Letterman last year and Ray Romano was on. Ray did a bit that he has been doing for a while about implanting phones in your head to make them more convenient. The next night Robin Williams was on the show and did the same bit word for word. Dave looked like Robin had dropped a turd into his coffee cup (Letterman produces Ray's show)."

[This was by far the most-discussed instance of Williams' swiping that I found. There is apparently tape of Romano doing the bit on an HBO 'Young Comics' special 12 years before Robin did it on multiple late night talk shows (Letterman, and a year later, Leno) It's important to note that it's not the concept that's being stolen here, it's the whole bit - phrasing and all.]

"Tonight on Leno I witnessed Robin Williams completely rip off a well known bit from Ray Romano. I know this is a Ramano bit and Robin used it almost to the word. The stolen set was the what if technology gets so bad that they start installing cell phones in are heads, call waiting on each ear, and faxes come out are asses. I know that I have seen Ray do that one before. I've been a Williams fan for years and never believed the stories that he was such a thief.I honestly thought that it was a case of sour grapes and this groups tendency to bitch and over analyze everything and anything. I have to say though after seeing Robin last night on national T.V. that I am no longer a sceptic but convicted that he is a thief. He did Raymonds act almost verbatim. I've been doing stand up for 3 years now. This really makes me want to keep on plugging ahead. Can you spell ethics kids. Oh Fuck it."
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Erich Posted - 03/29/2005 : 8:28:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Robin

I'm crushed... Is it really true? Maybe a bad rumour

I cant seem to find any firm confirmations, but it seems really well known. Id like to see the Leno/Letterman thing though.
Robin Posted - 03/29/2005 : 8:26:35 PM
I'm crushed... Is it really true? Maybe a bad rumour. Has anyone checked out Brian Regan? Really funny guy. Peace, Robin
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/29/2005 : 4:14:57 PM
Wow, that's fucking gay. I am a big RW fan as well. It almost doesn't make sense considering his type of stand-up from the 70's and what not...but I guess comic piracy is a big problem. What a douchebag. I think Ray Romano is about as funny as 6th grade Social Studies however.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000