Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 New Album and website

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saint Jude Posted - 03/27/2005 : 11:13:34 PM
www.themahp.com

My band just released our second album.

you can check out some tunes at the new web site and can get the album at cdbaby.com the link is on the site as well.

Thought u all (Pam in particular) might be interested.

16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Saint Jude Posted - 04/29/2005 : 11:43:05 AM
We have been constantly giging (minus when recording) for over a year, first to pay off the first album debt. Now to work off this one.

We are playing a decent amount of festivals this year. Hopefully we will get into Summerfest. Festivals are fun because all you have to worry about is your own gear, and thats it. Plus its always fun to play outside in the summer.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted. On.... things... or ... something.
PJK Posted - 04/23/2005 : 1:52:25 PM
I am ashamed that it has taken me this long to listen to your album. I bought it weeks ago and haven't had time to listen until today. I have been extremely busy and will continue to be for a while yet, so please forgive me, it in no way reflects how I feel about your music.

First, my favorite song is Be Blind- awesome, I love it! Your lead may sound like Rob but I don't listen to Matchbox 20 so I don't care! LOL I don't find it annoying at all, quite the opposite.

Many of the songs are not what I normally listen to, but I think they are well done. Sound is great! I definitely think you should be proud of this work. You should consider taking this on the road. Do you do live gigs now?

I promise as soon as time permits I will listen to it with headphones, the only way to listen to music to really appreciate it.
Saint Jude Posted - 04/04/2005 : 12:16:40 PM
new RD tune up. Called regardless, for no particular reason at all.

http://www.myspace.com/revolvingdoors
Muskrat Posted - 03/31/2005 : 10:52:38 PM
OK this is my second try at posting to this thread... FINALLY downloaded the demo of Good Things (picked it cuz it was the smallest) really like the music, can't say I care for the vocals a whole lot though... but then again, I used to hate Dave Matthews' vocals but they sure don't bother me now!
La Mer De Noms Posted - 03/31/2005 : 9:55:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Saint Jude

Theres radiohead influence in it too.

Just wanst put in the influence part for some reason.
Ill have to slap the drummer for that.
(Mer De Noms) - his sn for this board.

it's been fixed...i cant believe i missed that!
PJK Posted - 03/31/2005 : 5:51:10 PM
Aw Saint Jude, how did I miss this? I guess I don't visit this side of the board as often as I do the TIM side and I have been pretty busy this week. Anyway, you're right, I am interested in your cd!

Don't have TIMe now to listen to the downloads now but you know me, I went ahead and ordered a copy so I can really take a listen to it. Looking forward to listening to it! Listening to new music is like a mini-vacation for me.

Congrats on the new CD and again I apologize for not seeing your post earlier!
Jiyra Posted - 03/31/2005 : 4:54:13 PM
consider him slapped
Saint Jude Posted - 03/31/2005 : 4:44:42 PM
Theres radiohead influence in it too.

Just wanst put in the influence part for some reason.
Ill have to slap the drummer for that.
(Mer De Noms) - his sn for this board.
Jiyra Posted - 03/31/2005 : 4:33:26 PM
Turtle is pretty good, but I'll think I'll follow the concensus and say I don't much enjoy the singer, he's good, just not my cup 'o' tea. BUT I really like Revolving Doors, like alot, and contrary to what it says about your influences, I think I'm hearing some radiohead in there, either that or I'm crazy.
Fluffy Posted - 03/31/2005 : 4:17:06 PM
Keep in mind I don't think he sucks ass, I think he is a prolly a good singer, I just don't like Rob Thomas' vocal style and that's all I hear when I listen to your singer. He sucks ass for my taste buy plenty of singers have done quite well with that vocal style. I will check out the other stuff when I have a sec.
Saint Jude Posted - 03/31/2005 : 4:12:32 PM
Yea, he does sound like Mr. Assface... i mean rob thomas.

But in all honesty i no longer hear it when i hear him sing. Its just Mark singing. I thought he sounded alot like him to begin w/ too. But it goes away after a while.

Funny you should say my stuff sounds like tim noises... becuase he is a big influence on how i play. I cant shread like he does or anything, but i try to get the texturing style he does for DMB stuff similar to my band. And Turtle is one of my favorites too.

There is actually some other music that i have written w/ the drummer.

www.myspace.com/revolvingdoors

there is no vocals on it yet, hopefully some day we will get a vocalist who doesnt suck ass.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/31/2005 : 2:40:50 PM
I agree with Fluffy...let's get some solo/instrumental shit!
Fluffy Posted - 03/31/2005 : 2:22:02 PM
Hey Saint Jude, I listened to all 4 of the tracks from the new CD and really liked "Better Place" and especially "Turtle". I think you guys have alot of major label potential. Only problem for me personally is the same thing that I think would interest labels, your vocalist. I absolutely loathe Rob Thomas as a vocalist. Your singer sends shivers down my spine when I hear him. He is quite a good vocalist actually, just not at all my cup o' tea. The postitive side is RT and Matchbox 20 have sold literally millions of records so my opinion of his vocals is obviously in a minority. Keep in mind he almost single-handedly brought Santana back into the mainstream and made him platinum recording artist and grammy winner, so for as much as I despise Rob Thomas, alot more people would say I am full of shit. I could see myself listening to your whole CD if it wasn't for the vocalist. Personal tastes are a hard thing to overcome, and as I said before, I am definitely in minority with my feelings on RT. So keep pushing forward, I am sure there is a very LARGE market out there for what you guys do, and you do it well. As I said before, the music is really good, I just personally can't tolerate the vocals. Remember, thats a personal thing, my personal taste, it is certainly no indication or indictment that your singer is BAD, he is just not something I can listen too. Your guitar playing, especially on "Turtle" is infinitely more interesting than his vocals, I think. Some of the guitar sounds and nuances on "Turtle" remind me of TR noises. Would love to hear some instrumental stuff or maybe even some solo work of your own. Does that exist? LMK
Zachmozach Posted - 03/31/2005 : 1:06:02 PM
Ya I actually checked it out, but I had nothing to say. It's not really my bag, but I wish you guys success.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/30/2005 : 2:22:41 PM
Actually I went to the site and checked out some mp3s and the video for Feel, and I must say I like the music, but I don't care for the vocalist (sorry if it's you), the voice just doesn't seem very "fresh" to use a stupid industry word. Just sounds a lot like Rob Thomas, and I can't stand that guy, not to pigeonhole your vocalist, but personally I am picky when it comes to vocals. Good music tho.
Saint Jude Posted - 03/30/2005 : 1:56:10 PM
No body cares about me or my band.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000