Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 So I got pulled over last night:

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
{=HTG=} Posted - 03/26/2005 : 10:56:19 AM
( a little back story )

I was leaving from my moms house, heading home. After driving a safe distance away, I stop to light a cigarette with a lighter I took from my brother. It was broken ( I didnt know at the time ) so I was moving forward, stopping, trying to light, moving forward, stopping, trying to light. I then notice headlights comming my way. I think to myself, * damn, this looks a little suspicious (sp) * So I begin to head out. I drive by, and realize its a cop car. I make direct eye-contact with both officers in the car. ( this is when I realize, 'oh hell, there gonna pull me over ) I head out, and sure enough, the police car pulls in a drive way, backs out, and heads my direction. I pull out of the street, and head home. *flashing lights* I pull over, stop, and wait.

Officer : "Good evening sir, my name is Officer _____. Just curious to know why you were stopped in the street over there?"
Pedro : "Sir, to be honest, I was trying to light this cigarette. Just realized this lighter is broken." ( holds items up )
Officer : "What were you doing down there?"
Pedro : "Just leaving my moms house."
Officer : "Where does your mom live?"
Pedro : "Its a new house sir. She just got re-maried, and recently moved."
Officer : "Whats the house number?"
Pedro : "Again sir, to be honest, i'm not sure. I only visit every so often, I just never picked up the number."
Officer: "Whats it look like?"
Pedro : "Um . . .two story. . .it had the white car in the driveway."
Officer: "Could I see your license please?"
Pedro: (Pulls it out)
Officer: "And where are you headed?"
Perdo : "Heading home. I live in a apartment in Athens."
Officer: "All right. Whats your mom's name?"
Pedro : "Joanne Jimenez."
Officer : "Know her tag number?"
Pedro : "Dont have a clue, an Oconne tag though."
Officer : "All right. I'm gonna check this out. Wait here a moment."
Pedro : "Sure thing."
( Officer walks away. The other cop had gotten out of the car, I over-hear: " he was leaving his moms house, trying to light a cigarette." Thats all I could make out. They head to there car, and not five seconds later he jogs back, tosses my license in my lap, and leaves with a "have a good night." The cop car reverses, and speeds off, lights flashing.

( Just thought i'd share that completly compelling and gripping story )
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arthen Posted - 03/31/2005 : 04:36:32 AM
My father was working in a patrol car and he found a pulled over car with a woman screaming and struggling inside. As he pulled up the woman was kicked out of the car and the guy drove off. My dad, instead of labeling it as a typical hooker being beaten up, called it in, they found a bunch of evidence the guy threw out and it turned out he was the I-5 Killer.
tericee Posted - 03/31/2005 : 02:54:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

My dad was a police officer. He helped catch a serial killer.

A famous one or a local one? How long did it take? Did your family worry about your dad alot?
Jiyra Posted - 03/31/2005 : 12:51:10 AM
I actually thought about taking the test, because I was feeling like I had nowhere to go in my life...then I slapped myself across the face and swore I'd never think of it again; and it's uniforms I have a problem with - plainclothesmen are fine with me.
Arthen Posted - 03/30/2005 : 4:41:05 PM
My dad was a police officer. He helped catch a serial killer.
{=HTG=} Posted - 03/30/2005 : 4:37:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jiyra

So I have a very low tolerance for any sort of cop.

Haha. I actually wanna be a cop when I grow older.
Jiyra Posted - 03/28/2005 : 1:27:31 PM
you guys are way lucky, every single time I've ever been pulled over I've gotten a ticket! So I have a very low tolerance for any sort of cop.
{=HTG=} Posted - 03/28/2005 : 02:40:33 AM
Haha, those are great stories. But I agree with you GuitarGuy, I was glad the cops had something better to do than ass me stupid questions. . . .though, that is off course hoping no one is getting hurt.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/26/2005 : 4:38:24 PM
I have 5 speeding tickets in 5 different states, and I live in NJ, highest fucking auto insurance rates in the country, by 50%. Needless to say, I don't do well with cops. Never been searched though. In fact, one time I got jacked up by a statie on I-95 coming home from school in DE for doing 80 in a 65. I had just smoked a blunt about 15 minutes prior so I was totally lit, my car probably reeked of ganj, I had a dimebag in my sock, and on my passenger seat was my shaving mirror, a belt, and a wad of twenties. To top it all off, the night before I had gotten drunk and in a fit of rage, punched off my rearview mirror, so there was glass all over my dashboard and the remnants of the mirror were sitting on my backseat. Luckily, I was 2 exits from my grandmother's house, so I gave the fucker a bullshit story about how I had to take my grannie to the grocery store, and if she I was late, she'd get cranky. Guy let me go with a seat belt ticket and a smile. Moron.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 03/26/2005 : 2:36:28 PM
Sounds like they had more important things come over their radio. Which reminds me of a time I got pulled over.

I was doing 85 in a 45. And 2 cop cars one after the other come down the other way on the street. I didn't even attempt to slow down quickly because I figured "what's the point". I did take my foot off the gas and let the car slow itself down, but the cops did some Knight Rider shit, peeling around, and both come after me. By the time they were heading my direction, I was already pulled over on the side of the road. One car got in front of me, and one behind me. And both cops got out of their cars. The one in front just stood there by his car, and the one behind came to talk to me.

COP: Looks like you knew what you were doing wrong
ME: Yeah...I was going a little fast
COP: Yes, a little. I'd say 40 over. (The sound of assumption in his voice made me believe they had no radar on me)

So he procedes to ask me for my license, etc... and goes back to his car. At this point, the cop in the front car is back in his car and I can see him on his radio. He then opens his door, stands up and whips around to look at the cop behind me. The look in his face was saying "Did you hear that shit???"

I was busy watching the guy in front, but the guy in back was jogging up to my window, just like in your case. He handed me my stuff back and said "Slow it down, huh? Have a good day" He ran back to his car and they both sped off with their lights and sirens on.

I love when they have more important things that come up to deal with. A ticket for 40 over would have not been a cheap affair.
PJK Posted - 03/26/2005 : 11:25:38 AM
Well, finally something is going right for you! No ticket, woohoo!!! I think your politeness charmed them, hahahaha. Ok, now I have to get back to painting,which like the bills I seem to be procrastinating at. I like to paint, but hate painting the stairwell trim which is what I am doing or will be doing in a little bit. Second coat and damnit, this time it had better be the right color! Last time we realized we didn't like the color we picked out.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000