Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Seems to be death day.......

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 03/24/2005 : 04:57:45 AM
Well this is my 9000 post. Thought I would commemorate it with an uplifting post since while I have been away there seems to have been alot of petty bickering and useless name-calling. I shall put it in perspective, or to quote Spinal Tap, maybe "TOO MUCH FUCKING PERSPECTIVE".

Today within the space of 6 hours I was informed of 6 deaths. Either friends of mine or friends of friends. One by suicide, car accident, cancer, high cholesterol, old age, etc etc etc. So while you are all busy arguing about "who sucks" and "who is right and who is wrong" in arguments that CLEARLY are opinions. Think about how fucking short life is and ask yourself if you want to WASTE it with such trivialities and negativity. And while your at it, do you want to be remembered for such things. Your lives could be spent in much more positive endeavors.

As I have discovered today in the span of 6 hours, death comes in many different forms but no matter how it comes it leaves the same thing behind. Sadness and the question, "Why them?" I can't tell you why, no one can. People have their beliefs and if I was to spout any of them I am sure someone would correct me or tell me I am wrong or worse yet call me an asshole for implying that. WHATEVER! Bottom line is death comes to EVERYONE. It is something we all have in common and we can't escape it. It brings us together and it tears us apart. Everyone handles it differently. I barely have the answers to explain it to myself, much less to others. It is tragic when any life is lost, but we go on. We try to be there for each other in others TIMe of need. We give them what comfort we can. We share in their pain, their loss, their grief. We empathize or sympathize. I am not sure we are meant to have the answers. Maybe it comes back to the big question, what is the point of it all? What is the point of any of it? If I can make any sense of it it is that we should enjoy the TIMe we have here for it is LIMITED.

Just FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

Thoughtful comments encouraged, insults, criticism and negativity FORBIDDEN!!

GOOD NITE, may tomorrow be a better fucking DAY!!
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Evergreen Posted - 04/06/2005 : 12:10:56 PM
quote:
I spend my life a tad happier doing something I love

That's what its all about
quote:
instead of thinking about how miserable the rest of my life is.
negativity is strictly forbidden, remember!! You WILL remember!

Glad you finally got some good news about your friends marriage. That's great news! And that your enjoying your never ending road trip. If thats what makes you happy then by all means run run run and stay busy busy busy.
Fluffy Posted - 04/01/2005 : 7:41:57 PM
I think we may have discussed this book in the past. I caught the tail end of the movie version and it made me interested to check out the book. Although given my current situation I haven't had TIMe for such leisurely activities. Maybe I need to slow down. LOL
quote:
spending valuable TIMe always running away because if you keep moving fast enough you don't have to think about anything.
I am definitely guilty of this. My TouR schedule is a perfect example of this. At the same TIMe, I spend my life a tad happier doing something I love all the TIMe instead of thinking about how miserable the rest of my life is. LOL Compensation I guess. Luckily the things that keep me the busiest feel like positive endeavors so think it's ok to be busy. Thanx for the "food for thought" consider it ate!!

On a positive note, if you didn't see my post on my sis' b-day thread, I did finally have some GOOD news which has brought my depression into perspective. Ed and Olga got married today! With all the death everywhere I was getting really down. Nice to be reminded of the HAPPY things in life as well.
Evergreen Posted - 04/01/2005 : 11:05:59 AM
Sorry to hear about all this Fluffy. I hope and pray the rest of the year is better for you. A close friend recommended a book that really helped me cope with loss and death. The Five People You Meet in Heaven. It helped me immensely.

Yup and you're right...life is way too fucking short to go around thinking too much about our own opinions while being negative and jaded. It eats away at our own soul AND everyone elses, every living thing on Earth and beyond, because we are all connected. Way too short to put important shit on the back burner while we go about the daily routine and trivialities. Wasting TIMe and claiming to be too busy doing things that don't really matter in the grand scheme of LIFE. Or spending valuable TIMe always running away because if you keep moving fast enough you don't have to think about anything. We all do it. It's a good reminder that TIMe would be much better spent on meaningful interations, peace and love rather than perspective, debates, and tirades.
Thanx for the reminder.

PJK Posted - 03/26/2005 : 10:12:35 AM
Well said Fluffy. I am so sorry for your losses. Death is part of life but it doesn't make it easier, even when the death is expected.
Muskrat Posted - 03/24/2005 : 10:55:22 PM
A wise post. I'll be praying for you.
zakkwyle234 Posted - 03/24/2005 : 8:20:05 PM
sorry to hear about that fluffy. not only is it hard to lose so many people but in such a short time, it's gotta be tough. hang in there, the pain wears off as time wears on.
Jiyra Posted - 03/24/2005 : 2:39:21 PM
if I may say something a little more on the silly side: that really blows man. Anyway, I feel your pain I lost 4 loved ones in one week including my grandfather (who was like a father to me) and two friends I literally grew up with from birth, they were in the little baskets next to me in the maternity ward, for serious. So I can feel your pain, I hope you know even though some of us may bicker, we're all very sorry.
Arthen Posted - 03/24/2005 : 12:30:01 PM
Well, it fits with my theory that March is the shittiest and worst month out of the year. And every year it just proves itself to me again.

I'm really sorry for your loss and that of your friend's. Listen to Peter Gabriel's "I Grieve", it comes in handy in times of loss and mourning.
KevinLesko Posted - 03/24/2005 : 12:28:40 PM
Fluffy, I can't even imagine how you are coping with that, but I'm sure music is playing it's important role of always being there when you need it. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts today, as will the rest of our great community of fans, I'm sure.
Robin Posted - 03/24/2005 : 11:23:02 AM
Fluffy, I'm so sorry to hear of this. My thoughts are with you today. Peace, Robin
dan p. Posted - 03/24/2005 : 10:50:25 AM
i'm sorry to hear that. it tough to lose people close to you, especially friends.
skyline Posted - 03/24/2005 : 10:38:53 AM
Good post Fluffy.

Sorry to hear about all the losses you've had to endure recently...
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 03/24/2005 : 08:41:53 AM
Fluffy, you're a great guy and I hate to see things come down on you like this. Just be as strong as you can, and talk to someone (I'm available if you'd like, I'll see you April 7 for sure).

I'm sorry for your losses Fluffy, if there's anything I can do, let me know.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 03/24/2005 : 08:36:29 AM
Right on.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000