Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Jeff Coffin Mu'tet

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
skyline Posted - 03/13/2005 : 4:42:40 PM
I'm sorry if there's already a thread about this group...I may have missed it.

I got to go to their cd release party a couple of weeks ago, and wow...just amazing stuff. If you get a chance to pick up their newest album, Bloom, then please do. You won't regret it.

Personally, I don't think their studio work comes close to touching their live shows, but it's a great listen all the same. It stayed in my cd player for a couple of weeks after I bought it.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Zachmozach Posted - 03/17/2005 : 9:35:51 PM
Let us know how the show was if you're able to go Pam.
PJK Posted - 03/17/2005 : 4:34:11 PM
Thanks for the info. Zach and Skyline! I went to the site and Jeff will be at the World Cafe April 17th! If I can swing it to go I definitely will! The next day I am going with the 9th grade class at school to NYC. We were supposed to go on the 22 but the UN couldn't accommodate us then, so now instead of having a wild and crazy day with middle school teens and then having a weekend to recuperate I will have to face a full week! LOL
skyline Posted - 03/14/2005 : 10:29:14 PM
By the way...since the Flecktones are taking the year off, the Mu'tet is taking advantage by touring around a decent bit...I think they're headed to the northeast area next.

Be sure to stop by http://www.jeffcoffin.com/ and check it out...
Zachmozach Posted - 03/14/2005 : 9:24:24 PM
Pam, he is the Flecktones guy and besides saxes (all of them) he plays clarinet, and flute. It's just odd seeing a guy go rip on a soprano then pick up his tenor and rip on that and then pick up a clarinet for the next song and rip on that, and then go play flute and still be ripping.

The Mu'Tet thing seems really hip and this cat will go far I expect no matter how much credit the jazz world gives him. He already has two good albums out and now Bloom and that's on top of doing a crazy touring schedule with the tones. His solo on Mad Hatter is one of my favorite sax solos ever. Everyone needs to hear it once.
PJK Posted - 03/14/2005 : 10:25:43 AM
Jeff was the sax player with the Flectones right? I saw them as well and he was amazing. What else does he play? I am not familiar with all his works.

skyline Posted - 03/14/2005 : 08:57:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zachmozach

Ya I'm a big fan of Coffin and I haven't seen the Mu'Tet live but I've heard a few shows and I've seen him with the Flecktones and he is a pretty hip player. Really high energy and his antics are always great. I mean it's always amazing to see a guy play two saxes at once but it's amazing that he can play so many instruments so well. He studied with Joe Lovano too so that says a lot. He is also one of the nicest people I have met.

If only the came to Oregon like I told him he should. I should be getting the new CD Bloom in the mail in a couple days though.

I was lucky when I saw them live...being the cd release party he had a lot of guests with him. I got to see Victor and Futch along with a lot of other amazing brass players that I'd never been exposed to...

You're absolutely right about him being a nice guy. The venue was tiny so they all went out and mingled with the "crowd". They all seemed like amazingly passionate, energetic, positive people.
Zachmozach Posted - 03/13/2005 : 10:57:32 PM
Ya I'm a big fan of Coffin and I haven't seen the Mu'Tet live but I've heard a few shows and I've seen him with the Flecktones and he is a pretty hip player. Really high energy and his antics are always great. I mean it's always amazing to see a guy play two saxes at once but it's amazing that he can play so many instruments so well. He studied with Joe Lovano too so that says a lot. He is also one of the nicest people I have met.

If only the came to Oregon like I told him he should. I should be getting the new CD Bloom in the mail in a couple days though.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000