Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 The ultimate band... in my mind

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saint Jude Posted - 11/13/2001 : 6:46:18 PM
So what would your ultimate band consist of... Mine would be as fallows....

Tim - Guitar (DUH)
Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers)- Bass
Danny Carrey (TOOL) - Drums
Maynard James Keenan (TOOL/A Perfect Circle) - Vocals
Zack De Larocha (Formerly of Rage Against the Machine) - Vocals

I think if they were all to get together... they would kick some major ass.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
28   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 11/20/2001 : 05:02:51 AM
I was wondering the same thing own damn self? Rhetorically speaking of course.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
pcbTIM Posted - 11/20/2001 : 02:52:53 AM
why won't anyone let any threads die? (this is a rhetorical question and does not need answering). Yes I'm looking in your direction Fluffy.

Fleabass76 Posted - 11/20/2001 : 01:51:02 AM
Vocals-Maynard and Beth from You're Pretty (www.yourepretty.com)

Guitar-Tim and Fruciante

Bass-Probably Vic, but i think Edgar Meyer would be cool on stand-up, but if we could resurect Jaco Pastorious, he'd have the job.

Drums-Danny Carey and Dennis Chambers, they could switch between Set and Percusion.

Paz-Violin

Wynton Marsalus and Arturo Sanduval-Trumpet

Some random guy that just dances..kinda like that guy for the mighty mighty bosstones, only cooler.

And there u go.

Insert Signature Here
Mellow Trippin Posted - 11/16/2001 : 12:48:28 AM
Singer Morrison and Marvin Gaye
Guitars Tim and John Fushonte (RHCP dude PS check out that
solo album to record on water for 10 days, murders kick ass
on that)
Bass Flea of course
and just for a little bit of non sense Les Claypool
Backups Shit Deftones singer I cant get his name in my head
Drums porb D C (Dan Carrey)

Another pitcher sir
Fluffy Posted - 11/15/2001 : 03:52:45 AM
The Beatles(I'll shut up now)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Saint Jude Posted - 11/15/2001 : 12:40:55 AM
Tell em Isaac.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 11/14/2001 : 11:39:59 PM
Kirk Hammett and Timmy-Lead Guitars
James Hetfield-Rhythm Guitar/Vocals
Lars Ulrich AND Carter Beauford-Drums
Victor Wooten or the late Bobby Sheehan-Bass
David Draiman (Disturbed)-Vocals
John Popper and David Gray-lyricists (on songs that Draiman doesn't write...songs NOT concerning death...or killing people...or violence in general hehe)

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Isaac Posted - 11/14/2001 : 2:58:45 PM
Adam Jones - Guitar
Maynard James Keenan - Vocals
Justin Chancelor - Bass
Danny Carrey - Drums

And i would call them

TOOL

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/14/2001 : 2:41:28 PM
Drums: Rhythm section from the Blue Man Group with Carter and Bonham
Bass: Wooten, Lessard, Flea and Claypool
Piano: Oscar Peterson, Keith Jarrett, Brubeck, Count Basie, and gimme some Butch.
Horns: Dave Koz, Eric Marienthal, Jay Beckenstein
Gutiar: SRV, Clapton, Tim, Dave, Page, Gilmour, Van Halen, Collins, Rossington, Slash, Perry, Eric Johnson, Rhoads, Hendrix, Satriani, Jeff Beck, Gibbons with his pimpin' beard, Santana, Angus Young, BB King, Anastasio, Frampton, KWS, and throw in an Allman or two.

I think that group would get a bit of a full sound.
-J

KevinGTArch Posted - 11/14/2001 : 12:49:02 PM
Jason has a pretty solid line up for his band....but I'd like to here more of Maceo Parker jammin out. I've been listenin to him for awhile since I've been gettin in to jazz and he played so really awesome solos on Live in Chicago which just came out. Gotta give a hats off to Vic Wooten too...he's like the bass version of Timmy if you get my drift. Just two more of my fav. artists...

Peace,

Kev

KB
Baboonboy Posted - 11/14/2001 : 02:38:24 AM
Guitar - Tim Reynolds and Jimmy Page
Bass - Houston Ross
Drums - David Garibaldi
Sax - Jeff Coffin

Vocals - Nobody.

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/14/2001 : 12:04:21 AM
Erich, I know its cheesy, but I just love his Linus and Lucy. That is just great. I programmed my cd player to wake me up to that for about a whole semester once. Loved it.

But I'm convinced that everthing he has is great, but I don't have it all. I think I have all 4 seasons and then the LandL I mentioned. I'm not sure I've heard the pichobelle's cannon he does. I'm sure it's simply amazing.

Peace

-Jason-
atlantamusician Posted - 11/13/2001 : 11:49:21 PM
oh yeah, i doubt any of you will know who i'm talking about, but Leon Anderson is one drummer i do know about. He teaches and performs here in tallahassee and he makes every aspect of his playing and presence on stage look like a complete work of art-- very much in the same way Tim did when i saw him. but i'd better not get started talking about Tim's performance again, cause i won't be able to stop. ha.

Robert Hunter, by the way, wrote for the Grateful Dead and is still very active. You should look up his website. and...

John Mayer is an up and coming performer/songwriter who has some serious guitar chops. I've seen him put on some amazing shows. I hope you get a chance to check him out.
Saint Jude Posted - 11/13/2001 : 11:47:33 PM
Yeah i would throw Greg in there on chapman shtick and keyboards...and paz on violin... i thoght of her for bass... but fleas got that covered.

I guess they would create a sort of metal, industrial, funk sound if they all got together.

Its tough though.. cuz there are soo many great muscians out there...

but i suppose it would be

Tim - Guitar (DUH)
Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers)- Bass
Danny Carrey (TOOL) - Drums
Paz Lechantin - Violin
Greg Howard - Chapman/Keyboard/Piano
Maynard James Keenan (TOOL/A Perfect Circle) - Vocals
Zack De Larocha (Formerly of Rage Against the Machine) - Vocals

atlantamusician Posted - 11/13/2001 : 11:37:42 PM
so this is where i meant to post my comment, just ignore it the other place it shows up.

Okay, so I saw this dream band thing going on and knew i had to join in. it's just too much fun to think about. now, i love Tim doing his solo stuff, but i can't think of a band and not include him after the show i saw, so here it is.

(just for the hell of it, i'll try not to use anyone from DMB)

Robert Hunter, lyrics
Tim, guitar
John Mayer, vocals, guitar (he'd have to do some lyrics too)
Bela Fleck, banjo
Victor Wooten, bass
Drums-- ?? I don't know much about drummers except Carter, but i said i wouldn't do that. any suggestions?

(oh, and I know a sax player who would fill out the spot *wink* *wink*)

let me know what you think of the setup

dick mountjoy Posted - 11/13/2001 : 11:13:27 PM
so here's mine off the top of my head:
Guitar-Timmah
Guitar-Tom Morello
Bass-Victor Wooten
Bass/Violin-Paz Lechantin
Keyboard/Chapman Stick-Greg Howard (after seeing him live gotta have him)
Drums-Phil Collins-no wait-j/k-Carter Beauford
Vocals-Maynard and Aaron Lewis

Saint Jude Posted - 11/13/2001 : 9:17:06 PM
I do respect your love for dave James... i am a big dave fan as well... i have 4 and 1/2 gigs of dave songs... so i do know what he can do. and yes he does have a good range... and i would never be able to sing the shit he does... but i still feel that TOOL is something much more then DMB could ever be. I dont know how much of them u have heard... but if you havent even listend to anything of them, and just believe that they worship the devil (nothing wrong w/ that) you should give them a listen... to hear a good range of what they can do... get Lataralus, Aenema, The Grudge, Eulogy, and Push it and u will see, hear rather, that they are masters of their respective instraments.

Erich with an h Posted - 11/13/2001 : 8:31:31 PM
wow jason, youre a george winston fan? thats cool. One of my favourite versions of Pachobelles (sp??) Cannon was his version on solo piano... wow...

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/13/2001 : 8:20:33 PM
What the hell. I'd make one big big band out of lots of people, so not all of them would be playing at every given instant in time...so don't assume that all of these mix into one conglomerate...

Tim Reynolds - guitar (probably an improv "jam" guitar, not lead)
Leo Kottke - guitar (probably lead, maybe not...)
Vic Wooten - bass
John Bonham - drums (ok, so he's not alive...)
George Winston - keys (after some reprogramming)
Bela Fleck - banjo
John Popper - harmonica
Mike D, MCA, and Ad-Rock - rhymes and mixing samples
Dave Matthews - lyrics and vocals
Robert Plant - vocalist (not with Dave, but on other songs)
Emmylou Harris - backup vocalist
J.S. Bach - music coordinator [composer] (hey, it could work...)

Can't think of a winds person, and I'd hate to actually mention more than one member of DMB, for fear of beginning another riot.

I'll finish my band as I think of other parts. I would go into sensory overload, and it would probably sound like crap (because that's mixing people from everywhere, and mostly people that do their own thing, so they wouldn't necessarily know how to do exactly what it took to make a good band...) but anyway.

But hey, you asked.

Peace

-Jason-
dan p. Posted - 11/13/2001 : 8:12:10 PM
hm. ultimate band, eh? alright. tim on guitar. victor wooten on bass. brandon boyd singing. drums...carter maybe? or the dude from tool...what's his name? fuck it. i can't remember. there's your ultimate band.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
James M. Posted - 11/13/2001 : 8:09:10 PM
well i said we could all have our own opinions..and i respect yours....but dave does have pretty good range....he hits some really low low's like on halloween on BTCS and gets his voice really high.....i wish i had that sort of range....well anyway....its all good i just love dmb and u love tool....anyway it would suck if everyone liked dave cause id never be able to get tickets...haha...
james

Saint Jude Posted - 11/13/2001 : 7:47:59 PM
And i would like to see Dave scream at the top of his lungs for aprox 24-25 seconds holding one note and not fading out. (The Grudge off of Lataralus)

Saint Jude Posted - 11/13/2001 : 7:45:02 PM
Dave Matthews is good when he is drunk and all ... but this new every day crap... is crap. I mean wtf? And for those of you who are going to say that dave is great at what he does ... he is a good rhythem guitarist... but i havent seen much more. Now if i had to pick a band (band not just single guy otherwise it would be tim) i would say TOOL is the shit. Their songs are soo layerd and complex it blows my mind. One off of their new cd Lataralus, has time sigs of 9/8 8/8 7/8 6/8 5/8 4/8 and 3/4.... i mean... christ... i heard carter talk about how well dave can wright things in 3/4... i'd like to see him pull that off. and thats all in just one song.... schism (pronuciated skism) has stuff in 2/4 3/4 4/4 5/4 6/8 7/8 as well... and u cant tell when listening unless you count. and for those wondering what song has the 9/8 and such, it is it is Lataralus off of the album that was stated earlier Lataralus. I strogly strogly erge all of you to buy all tool cd's you can find.... erge... ERGE!!!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I'm back... had to wash my hair.

So to sum up tool is the SHIT! DMB is a good jam band... but for my $ i would take Tool over dmb any day... unless tim is with dmb... then i would get all confused and fall down.

James M. Posted - 11/13/2001 : 7:36:41 PM
haha yeah i know ill catch hell for that one...but it is just my opinion....and like fluffy said its important we have our own opinions...even if everyone else disagrees....
james

crash258 Posted - 11/13/2001 : 7:30:29 PM
Uh oh. The shit just hit the fan.

James your gonna get some shit for that one.
I too am a dave fan, and do openly admit that dave is the reason I got into Tim. But Tim is the reason I stick with Tim. I know I went off on a little tangent there, but some people here dont like the Dave Matthews Band, as much as we do. Tim's music has now surpassed DMB for me, its much more thoughtful and intellectual.
Although DMB is awesome, Tim has the lead in my book.
Now that I think about it, its really weird to hear myself say that, "Tim has the lead in my book".
Just a couple of years ago, I would have killed anyone who thought DMB wasnt the best thing since sliced bread.
But oh how the times have changed.

TIM IS THE SHIT,
im not high,
wish i was,
so im drunk instead,
i have issues,
you know this,
ill stop now,

-Philip

Erich with an h Posted - 11/13/2001 : 7:26:37 PM
The ulTIMate (sorry ) band, in my opinion, exists in all forms of Pink Floyd.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
James M. Posted - 11/13/2001 : 7:04:42 PM
the ultimate band already exists though.....i believe its called the dave matthews band featuring tim reynolds......without tim they are damn good..but tim makes it kick ass.....look no further..it doesnt get much better then that..
james

pcbTIM Posted - 11/13/2001 : 6:52:10 PM
I'd like to see Tim and The Edge play off one another, kind of like dueling banjos, except with electric guitars.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000