Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 who saw leo kottke tonight?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dan p. Posted - 02/17/2005 : 10:48:27 PM
i did. at the troy savings bank music hall in, uh, troy. the man is jesus, pretty much. he did more singing than i expected, but his instrumental stuff? all fantastic. it's not really as flashy as tim reynolds is, but man. it's all so well crafted and sophisticated. he does it all with a practiced ease that i find astounding. the songs are really well thought out, technically remarkable, and musically satsifying in every way. he played one song, i don't know the name, that sounded a lot like "do it yourself." it was a little more chromatic, and it didn't sound as bad-tempered, but there was a resemblence. i sat in row g. in the center.

in conclusion: it wasn't that bad.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arthen Posted - 08/23/2005 : 9:32:52 PM
I like Clone, so I look forward to the new album. There's Ya Mar on there, the ol' Phish Standard Cover. Should be interesting. They'll probably play at Vegoose.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 08/23/2005 : 6:42:54 PM
Flood control = poop.

Kottke = opposite flood control.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 08/22/2005 : 11:52:29 PM
Leo with Mike doesn't excite me at all. I wish Leo had stayed solo. :( I guess that sounds whiney, but it's true. I liked him much better before.
KevinLesko Posted - 08/22/2005 : 10:20:29 PM
For those interested, he has a new cd out tomorrow with Mike Gordon called "Sixty Six Steps". I got an advanced copy from RCA but I haven't really listened much to it yet. There look to be some wierd covers on the record.
PJK Posted - 08/22/2005 : 9:41:29 PM
Ah thanks for the advice Jason! You were the first one I thought of when I saw Leo was coming to Philly. I am excited to finally hear him play!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 08/19/2005 : 1:18:46 PM
sPAM, definately look forward to that show. It'll be the best show you see all year. Wish you could tape it, because there are pitifully few taped LK shows out there.

Get there a little early if you want to stand a chance of meeting him. Once when I saw him in NO, he was just hanging at the bar in the room beside the venue (same place, different room). People filed past him to get to the seats, I guess didn't even know it was LK sitting there.

I met him once when he was loading his guitars into the venue. He didn't seem too excited, but it was ok. I think he's cool with meeting people, just was somewhat disinterested because of my [then young] age.
PJK Posted - 08/19/2005 : 12:33:02 PM
Jason I know you are a huge LEO fan and from what you told me and from reading over dan's post I am even more excited that I will finally get to hear him play at the TLA in Philly on Oct 30th. So now I am not too sorry I can't make it to Vegoose! LOL

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 02/25/2005 : 11:51:22 AM
someday maybe you'll be out of college and won't have to miss class.

Seriously, one single class to miss for Leo Kottke? I'd have been doing it for three years straight if that was my choice.
JTR Posted - 02/25/2005 : 09:31:01 AM
Pissed, every year Kottke plays in St. Paul the Sunday after Thanksgiving weekend, and while I'm home from school for the holiday, I have to leave on that Sunday in order not to miss class... 3 straight years of having a great chance to see him and never being able to. Damn it all. Someday, I'll just fucking miss classes for him, because I would be incredibly worth it.
dan p. Posted - 02/22/2005 : 4:50:00 PM
i don't know the names of what he played.

everyone look at the bad leo kottke fan.
guitarted Posted - 02/19/2005 : 7:56:30 PM
I love Leo Kottke too, he's awesome. I find a lot of his songs very quickly catchy, in fact, I find I really start to like new tracks i hear of his faster than Tim's.

Do you have a setlist or anything? I'd love to see what he played
Saint Jude Posted - 02/18/2005 : 09:33:23 AM
I didnt.

But he is going to be recording at the same studio that my band mixed our newest album at in a few weeks. (he will be there in a few weeks, not we will be mixing in a few weeks. we done already done did mixing)

Echo Bay/Winterland studio

http://www.winterlandstudios.com/

Saw his name on their calander and thought you all would be interested. No one else in the band knew who I was talking about.

So i thought that was interesting.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 02/17/2005 : 11:03:08 PM
I've driven as far to see Leo Kottke as I have to see TIM Reynolds. Never once have I been disappointed.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000