Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 MGS 3: Snake Eater...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TalkingNeurons Posted - 11/18/2004 : 4:41:26 PM
Man... I need my pay check.
53   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
{=HTG=} Posted - 03/28/2005 : 02:54:11 AM
Just a few more days now ( mouth waters ) And now that me and my roomate have a new X-Box . . .oh man.

{=HTG=} Posted - 03/28/2005 : 02:20:52 AM
Yes! That is easily the funniest thing i've seen all day.
guitarted Posted - 03/28/2005 : 02:06:11 AM

I couldn't help myself
{=HTG=} Posted - 03/21/2005 : 3:54:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by guitarted

Well as long as we are using big sigs perhaps I'll bring back spidey :)

They should put Snake in the next super smash brothers, his special mvoe can be CQC.

I'd love to see him break pickachu's neck, that'll teach him not to use that lightning move over and over

Haha, that would be hilarious. To see Snake break Link's neck, or Donkey Kong. Something like this -

Mechman293 Posted - 03/21/2005 : 3:50:07 PM
Link > Young Link anyday pic he cause its kewl

friend of mine can do some crazy things with Mewtwo *blink* *big explosion*

What about Jiggypuff, spinning punching bag ever
guitarted Posted - 03/21/2005 : 3:26:40 PM
Well as long as we are using big sigs perhaps I'll bring back spidey :)

They should put Snake in the next super smash brothers, his special mvoe can be CQC.

I'd love to see him break pickachu's neck, that'll teach him not to use that lightning move over and over
TalkingNeurons Posted - 03/21/2005 : 12:20:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

That Stefan sig has got to go.

Haha, no love for the Stefan sig. That's why I'm glad mine's funny.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/21/2005 : 12:06:55 PM
I use Princess, she's unstoppable.

That Stefan sig has got to go.
dan p. Posted - 03/21/2005 : 11:08:46 AM
not likely. link will leave behind nothing but bones. him or mewtew. pikachu sucks. he's not even cheap. he's just a punching bag.
{=HTG=} Posted - 03/21/2005 : 01:32:56 AM
quote:

Pikachu is cheap

Donkey Kong owned all -
guitarted Posted - 03/20/2005 : 6:06:50 PM
Pikachu is cheap
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/18/2005 : 11:56:04 AM
Smash Brothers does dominate.
dan p. Posted - 03/18/2005 : 11:23:14 AM
mario tennis, unlike most games with mario and friends that aren't a mario game, is pretty good. that, the karts, and smash bros are real good if you have friends over.
{=HTG=} Posted - 03/18/2005 : 01:56:48 AM
Just a couple of days ago me and my roommate discovered that our X-Box is currently out of commision, and we'll have to dish out $80 bucks to send it out and get it repaired . . .looks like I wont be getting to play Splinter Cell for a while. In the mean time, we've been hooked on some mad games on Mario Tennis for the N64.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/17/2005 : 09:13:30 AM
Is that Johnny Rzeznik? AHAHHAHA
dan p. Posted - 03/16/2005 : 9:52:03 PM
pa is hilarious.
TalkingNeurons Posted - 03/16/2005 : 7:52:33 PM
quote:

p.s. i was going to post a picture of dante from Devil May Cry here to go with the other pimp pictures but all i found on google was a bunch of people dressing up like dante...weird

There we go.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/16/2005 : 3:15:07 PM
You fucking dorks.
guitarted Posted - 03/16/2005 : 3:04:37 PM
nothin beats PA

ive read every single one on their site, I hit the archive one day and read from the very beggining

p.s. i was going to post a picture of dante from Devil May Cry here to go with the other pimp pictures but all i found on google was a bunch of people dressing up like dante...weird
dan p. Posted - 03/15/2005 : 5:23:21 PM
http://penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2005-03-07&res=l

it needs to happen. also

http://www.splintercell.com/us/community_pennyarcades.php
{=HTG=} Posted - 03/15/2005 : 4:02:31 PM
Just a few more days . . . (drools)
{=HTG=} Posted - 03/15/2005 : 3:14:51 PM
"I am a huge pimp."

dan p. Posted - 03/14/2005 : 12:29:46 AM
wind waker was an outstanding game. at first i felt a little cheated since i saw the pre cel-shaded version, but i got over it. the movement in ww was really good, and of course the gameplay and fun factor were substantial.

all that notwithstanding, i look foward to a realistic romp through hyrule.
guitarted Posted - 03/13/2005 : 8:42:25 PM
yea i saw those Zelda Shots and they are everything i wanted the wind waker to look like (thats what the first one on GC was called right)

In response to the Sam Fisher comment, I like Splinter cell, the graphics are awesome and the gameplay is fun BUT i still prefer MGS gameplay always

Especially in MGS3. MGS3 didnt make me feel as bad about getting caught, in this one it was ok to get caught. you were almost expected to and the game still remained exciting. Also if you cleared everyone in the area your Alarm immediately went away i liked that too.

In splinter cell if your caught you probably have already failed and need to restart. That's all I have to say about that.

You could argue that splinter cell is going for more realistic but IMO no videogame is realistic enough to rightfully brag realism. If you want the real thing go do the real thing. (that's right, go become a spy)

Besides, I don't play videogames just so that i can be confined to the same laws, same gravity etc.. I want something ridiculous!
dan p. Posted - 03/13/2005 : 5:42:58 PM
the new zelda screens and video on gamespot from march 10th are outstanding.
TalkingNeurons Posted - 03/13/2005 : 12:02:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by {=HTG=}

Have you seen some of those training videos yet?

Yeah. I saw all of the ones that are up.
{=HTG=} Posted - 03/13/2005 : 10:53:15 AM
Have you seen some of those training videos yet?
TalkingNeurons Posted - 03/13/2005 : 10:47:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by {=HTG=}
But unfortunetly, at the end of this month, Sam Fisher will own Solid Snake.

You lie too much.

Though after seeing that 10 minute trailor... I dunno. Looks bad ass.
{=HTG=} Posted - 03/13/2005 : 10:40:37 AM
I agree, MGS3 is easily the best of the series. The CQC is the one of the coolest additions to the game. But unfortunetly, at the end of this month, Sam Fisher will own Solid Snake.

guitarted Posted - 03/08/2005 : 12:15:04 PM
DMC 1 was SO HARD in normal, you had to push trinagle everytime you wanted to fire a bullet with the handguns, very annoying. Fucking amazing game though
DMC 2 was alright but it seemed more like a downgrade
Im looking forward to DMC3

MGS3 is even more fun now. I figured out how to work that CQC system properly and it's fucking amazing. Best MGS yet
dan p. Posted - 03/06/2005 : 1:47:14 PM
ninja gadien smashed my face into pieces. i like devil may cry gives you easy mode when it thinks you can't handle normal mode. that would piss me off just enough to keep it on normal.
TalkingNeurons Posted - 03/06/2005 : 1:34:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

i heard that game is real hard.

Well after you die a few times, easy mode is available for you so I've been playing it on that. It's not all that hard (even when I was playing it on normal), nothing like Ninja Gaiden. The only really hard parts are the bosses, and having to start over a level every time you die gets pretty tedious.

So you'll go through the whole level, get to the boss, die, then have to start all over again. I've done that at least 7 or 8 times on the boss I'm on right now.
dan p. Posted - 03/06/2005 : 12:32:49 PM
i heard that game is real hard.
TalkingNeurons Posted - 03/06/2005 : 12:47:40 AM
I just bought Devil May Cry 3 Friday, pretty cool game though Dante's voice acting can be unintentionally funny most of the time.

Pretty sure this game will suck up most of my time.
guitarisPIMP Posted - 03/04/2005 : 9:21:47 PM
mario kart, man, those were the days.
dan p. Posted - 03/03/2005 : 10:25:03 AM
burnout 3. i normally hate the racing games that aren't mario cart. but i mean, wow. i played that game 4 hours straight with a friend who's on break last weekend. we could not stop. we finally managed to pry the game out for a while to play san andreas. but burnout 3 is fantastic in every way. it's so fast, walking feels weird afterwards.
guitarted Posted - 03/03/2005 : 09:04:12 AM
Well I ended up not hold off until the VR missions came out and got the game 2 days ago.

I made the mistake of playing on EASY thinking it was a capcom game and ended up cakewalking it in 14 hours.

So now I'm replaying it in NORMAL so i actually get a challenge this time.

The story earns my seal of approval, not as ridiculous as #2
pcbTIM Posted - 12/30/2004 : 03:53:44 AM
Good idea.....after all, you don't need clothes if you're gonna be sitting in front of your TV all day anyway.
KevinLesko Posted - 12/30/2004 : 02:24:09 AM
Well, I got some clothes for x-mas that were too big for me, and they came with a gift reciept, so hopefully I can return them and use the money to get this game, because it sounds great.
vanishingson Posted - 12/27/2004 : 12:34:42 PM
Metal Gear Solid 3 is a masterpiece, IMHO. I have hardly stopped playing it since I got it. Definitely the bast one so far.
guitarted Posted - 12/13/2004 : 12:58:42 PM
I'm waiting to buy MGS 3 until some veriosn of MGS 3 substance comes out

I always play the VR missions. I was like 95% complete the VR missions with one guy (i forget the main chars name form mgs2) for substance.

95% complete the first game too
KevinLesko Posted - 12/13/2004 : 01:20:32 AM
Fuck these games being 50 bucks. I totally loved Metal Gear Solid 2. I'll have to wait until there is a price drop or something on this bastard. I'd the whole skipping out on rent thing... but my landlord doesn't seem nearly as cool. In fact, its not even a lord!
TalkingNeurons Posted - 12/13/2004 : 12:43:45 AM
Well after playing a shit load of MGS 3 this weekend, I finally beat it, and I must say, fantastic fucking game. I loved the ending and anyone who is a fan of the MGS series will love the references to MGS 1 and 2 (I know I did).

pcbTIM Posted - 12/12/2004 : 4:41:55 PM
I really liked Xenosaga. It ranks right up there with the Final Fantasy series....but can never be as good as FFVII. The only downside to Xenosaga is that you had to make sure that you didn't have to do anything for a while, because if you suddenly needed to leave, there would be no save point and wouldn't be for another half hour. But some of those 40 minute cut scenes were awesome.
guitarted Posted - 12/12/2004 : 02:59:37 AM
oooh Xenogears

What a game, what a game

Xenosaga has me still because of the insane storyline i knew it would have (and it delivers)

TalkingNeurons Posted - 12/11/2004 : 9:02:13 PM
quote:

the cut scenes are pretty long but thats nothing in comparison to the amount of movie time in XENOSAGA.

I was pretty disappointed with Xenosaga. I put in about 10 hours then got tired of it. I dunno, maybe I was expecting it to be another Xenogears.
pcbTIM Posted - 12/11/2004 : 5:01:23 PM
quote:

the cut scenes are pretty long but thats nothing in comparison to the amount of movie time in XENOSAGA.

Episode 2 comes out in February!!!!! Woohoo!!!
guitarted Posted - 12/11/2004 : 12:00:05 PM
I'm playing World of Warcraft - the brand new MMORPG they brough out.

Warcraft 3 is their latest strategy game. It was pretty good.

Personally i still prefer starcraft, even though the grahics of wc3 are 3d, they are too cartoony for me.
Also, now there is 'upkeep'. This means when you have a high population you gather less materials. If you have no upkeep, you get 10 gold per gatherer. If you have low upkeep its 7 and if its high its 4..i think.

On the positice side, the new hero system is completely new and a HUGE change to gamplay style which you might enjoy a lot. Your hero characters have auras to raise group strength and other cool moves and can be ressurected if killed.

I'd go read a review and see what you think. SC is still better if you ask me though.
CPPJames Posted - 12/10/2004 : 1:17:46 PM
I never played warcraft. I got into starcraft, and I still play it from time to time (good hour killer)...but all I do is sit there and do a battle Terran vs. Terran and just try to come up with creative ways to destroy. If I enjoyed Starcraft, is Warcraft worth looking into?

I used to play CounterStrike like it was my job but I haven't played that in ages. I really don't play anything on a computer anymore other than gambling, but if there's something worth looking into, I'd love to hear about it.
guitarted Posted - 12/10/2004 : 12:46:13 PM

im glad to hear mgs3 is great. I heard it was the best mgs yet.

If i wasnt so addicted to world of warcraft id have beaten it myself by now.
dan p. Posted - 12/10/2004 : 11:27:02 AM
not a mgs fan. i grew old and died watching the cut scenes.
JTR Posted - 12/09/2004 : 7:30:40 PM
MSG3 was/is awesome.
guitarted Posted - 11/18/2004 : 10:07:44 PM
I'm gonna skip on my rent this month. My landlord will understand. I'll get him a copy too

Anyone play the VR Missions/Substance missions? I love those

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000