Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Your worst job yet...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
guitarted Posted - 08/31/2004 : 09:30:26 AM
I'm expecting to hear some good stories..

What was your worst job yet and why...?

My contract with the bank ends today. I have been making websites for Investment Advisors. This job wasn't awful, but I was literally yanking my hair out sometimes.

I had to move from branch to branch ALL SUMMER LONG making appointments and helping build sites. I've been working for over 3 months and I don't know anyone here because I'm never anywhere long enough to settle much.

Not only that, for the last 4 weeks I had to drive all over the place in thick Toronto traffic that made me want to scream. Collecting reciepts, counting miles, running branch to branch, dealing with advisors who for the most part aren't THAT excited about making a site, but the bank encourages them to.

Everytime I'm back downtown on the main floor I work out of (that I'm hardly at) I feel like a lot of people don't like me here because they think I'm a waste of company money because I'm not reaching even close to the quotas they established.

I don't think they realize how hard it is to get a horse to drink water if it isn't thirsty.

So I'm done today, in fact I'm done all my work and now I have 7.5 hours left of NOTHING to go before I'm free. I won't be missed, I won't even be remembered 3 steps out of the door.

This job was my highest paying and most prestigious, title wise. But it's the one job that has made me feel the most like a real nobody....fucking banks
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jay Posted - 09/01/2004 : 4:25:24 PM
I had to watch little children while their mothers exercised...Talk about aweful...This one little girl, her name was Madison...She was a real cute little baby, you'd think she was sweet...Well, she was a freak-out. Turns out that her mother thought I was cool but the baby saw me as the Great Lord Satan with his Fearless Imp Army. It was terrible. I would try to calm her down and she'd flip out...I'd try holding her and she would scream, I mean SCREAM at the top of her lungs like I was stabbing her...she'd push off of me and lean her head back and just let loose! And meanwhile, everybody out in the gym could hear this bloodcurdling sound...and see this tall long-haired(I just started growing it out) teenager holding this infant while it desparetly clawed it's way from my grasp...

But I found a way. Disney songs. The minute that movie went on she shut up like a trap. So for five months, three nights a week, and three hours a night I had to watch this twenty minute tape of various disney songs...It started getting to me real quick. The tape would end, and I knew I had to rewind it. But the god damn infant would be howling if that bloody aweful drone was turned off...And to make matters worse, this was one hell of an old VCR. It took a good ten minutes to rewind the tape. So I'd wait...She'd spew out over the side and screech like a wounded crow for her mother. Outside in the gym, large hairy men are watching me like "What the hell are you doing to that poor child?" At one point, some worried scragily old women approached me and asked me what was wrong...I simply said, "Life." She understood. I remember her smelling strongly of cocoa butter and green tea and that indescribable-but-everyone-knows-what-I'm-talking-about stench of the elderly. Something akin to beef gravy and your attic, only slightly more acidic and more prone to stimulating that erectile tissue in your nostrils. Like a bottle of cheap cologne.

Anyway, I did that for a while...for, get this, 30 bucks...a week It sucked the big one.
guitarted Posted - 09/01/2004 : 10:14:37 AM
The ONLY episode of I love lucy that I have ever seen is that assembly line episode and it always seems to be the one that everyone refernces hah.

Your worst job makes my worst one sounds pretty weak all in all.

The bright side to my job was that when I was done meetings, i was done for the day.
PJK Posted - 08/31/2004 : 6:13:10 PM
When I graduated from high school I worked a few years before going to college. One of my jobs was in a make-up factory. I felt more like I was in a womans prison! It was hot, dirty and the forman er.... should I say forwoman, would watch over us like a hawk! We weren't allowed to talk or use the bathroom except at breaks which were annouced by a whistle blowing.

Once one of the woman got hurt in the pressed powder room so they put me in there. God it was awful! Blue dust everywhere. It was before a lot of regulations were passed so we didn't wear masks or anything. I remember sneezing "blue" for hours afterwards.

There were a few times when things were funny. Once when I was on the assembly line my job was screwing on caps on lip gloss. If I accidently stuck my finger in one, I had to pull it off the line and later use a blow tourch on it to smooth it out again. Anyway, I felt like I was in that old episode of I Love Lucy when she was on the assembly line. They started coming down at a resonable rate, then kept getting faster and faster until it was impossible to keep up with. Of course I kept sticking my fingers in more and more of those damned lip glosses! Then I got to laughing which made the bosses mad, but I didn't care because I had already given my notice by then.

That job sucked big time! I hated that job. I didn't last there too long. I quickly searched for a better job and found one.
TalkingNeurons Posted - 08/31/2004 : 5:46:57 PM
Well it's kind of hard to have a worst job if you've never had a real job before...

Hey, hey, hey, I'm still young! Not like I'm not trying though...
guitarted Posted - 08/31/2004 : 10:35:20 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GuitarGuy305
I deal with investment advisors a bit....were a lot of the ones you had to deal with dicks?

Nah, some were huge A-holes though and I honestly can understand for the life of me how they have a book.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/31/2004 : 10:22:11 AM
I deal with investment advisors a bit....were a lot of the ones you had to deal with dicks?

Adam

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000