Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 DMB Accused Of Dumping 800lbs Of Human Waste.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TalkingNeurons Posted - 08/25/2004 : 4:14:18 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/25/bus.waste.ap/index.html

That's pretty messed up, hahahaha.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arthen Posted - 08/26/2004 : 9:46:00 PM
quote:
Anyway you slice it, it seems to me a really shitty afair.

Don't know if the pun was intended, but it was funny either way Fluffy!
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/26/2004 : 7:18:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy
The potential for criminal charges came after Mayor Richard Daley weighed in, urging prosecutors to seek criminal charges against Wohl, in addition to the civil suit filed yesterday against Wohl and the band. Daley made a point of declaring how much that he likes Dave Matthews Band, and that it's Wohl with whom he's unhappy.

Rock on.

Adam
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/26/2004 : 6:13:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy
Keep in mind, these actions are not the actions of Dave or DMB, it was the actions of an employee of their company if indeed it did come from them. Yes I find it hard to imagine Dave himself doing something like this, but we are talking about a bus driver here. Unfortunately for DMB he is an employee of the company so they are ultimately responsible for his behavior but I doubt anyone from DMB or their management instructed him to such behavior. The question I am not so sure of is whether as a bus driver he is beholden to DMB or the bus company hired by DMB. Maybe the lawsuit should be directed at the bus company. Guess it really depends on how the bus drivers are hired for the tour, by DMB or they come from the bus company. Anyway you slice it, it seems to me a really shitty affair. We must remember this was the action of one man and not the actions of DMB or any of it's members.

Well put.

Adam
Fluffy Posted - 08/26/2004 : 6:08:06 PM
from antsmarching.org:

DMB Blamed In Chicago Dumping Incident
Posted by Jake Vigliotti 08/24/04 11:00 pm
The Dave Matthews Band isn't off the hook in Chicago after all. The Illinois State Attorney is placing blame on DMB for the tour bus that sprayed human waste on August 9 onto some people, according to CBS 2 Chicago.

The suit charges both the band and the bus driver with violating state water pollution laws, as well as common law public nuisance laws.

DMB has been a strong supporter of enviromental causes, including planting trees to offset emissions (the air kind) from their tour buses. DMB maintains that all tour buses used by the band were parked at the time of the incident.

The Chicago Tribune reports that there is video proof of the DMB bus being the culprit. Thanks to Ants User mikesleone, and Paul, seperately, for the tips!

from nancies.org:

Criminal Charges May be Filed
Aug.26.2004
As the Chicago sewage-dumping story gains wider and wider coverage, the news came out today that criminal charges may be filed against DMB bus driver Stefan Wohl, who is the one who is accused of draining a DMB tour bus' sewage tank into the Chicago River and on a tour boat full of passengers. The potential for criminal charges came after Mayor Richard Daley weighed in, urging prosecutors to seek criminal charges against Wohl, in addition to the civil suit filed yesterday against Wohl and the band. Daley made a point of declaring how much that he likes Dave Matthews Band, and that it's Wohl with whom he's unhappy. The band continues to stick by Wohl, reserving judgment until they see the video in question, but they have offered to provide DNA samples to check for a match with the effluent. The attorney general's office has declined, saying that they don't need DNA to make their case. While the story has gained greater and greater coverage in the past 48 hours, the band has been silent on the matter, allowing themselves to be lynched in the popular media. If they don't step up to the plate soon, things are going to get worse before they get better.
Fluffy Posted - 08/26/2004 : 5:15:15 PM
Dave Matthews Band May Face Criminal Charges Over Bus Stink
08.26.2004 3:39 PM EDT

Authorities in Chicago are considering criminal charges against the Dave Matthews Band after reviewing surveillance footage of an August 8 incident in which the group's tour bus allegedly dumped human waste into the Chicago River.

Police Commander Michael Chasen said he's certain that the band's bus is the culprit, thanks to the footage, which was shot from nearby buildings and shows a bus crossing the bridge as a tour boat passes below (see "Dave Matthews Band Sued For Stinking Up Chicago River"). Criminal charges could include violations of public nuisance laws and ordinances to protect public health and safety, according to The Associated Press.

Chasen said Dave Matthews Band bus driver Stefan Wohl told police that he crossed the Kinzie Street bridge near the time the incident took place, but that he did not say whether he was responsible for dumping the 800 pounds of human waste through the bridge's metal grates. A tour boat with unfortunate timing and a group of 120 passengers aboard was doused with the refuse as it passed underneath.

Around two-thirds of the passengers sitting on the upper deck of Chicago's Little Lady were hit with the falling waste, the Chicago Tribune reported. Five passengers went to Northwestern Memorial Hospital for testing and all received refunds on their $25 tickets.

The state of Illinois filed suit against the Dave Matthews Band and Wohl on Tuesday, alleging that they violated state water pollution and public nuisance laws. The suit seeks $70,000 in civil penalties.

Jerry Fitzpatrick, the driver initially accused of dumping the waste, told the Tribune that "the band is very environmentally conscious. We wouldn't want to have anything to do with this sort of thing."

The Dave Matthews Band is on tour through October 8, when the group's bus will stop at the University of Florida in Gainesville for the final show of the Vote for Change Tour (see "Dave Matthews Band, Pearl Jam, Springsteen, Others Join Vote For Change Tour").

A spokesperson for the Dave Matthews Band could not be reached at press time.

—Alyssa Rashbaum

Keep in mind, these actions are not the actions of Dave or DMB, it was the actions of an employee of their company if indeed it did come from them. Yes I find it hard to imagine Dave himself doing something like this, but we are talking about a bus driver here. Unfortunately for DMB he is an employee of the company so they are ultimately responsible for his behavior but I doubt anyone from DMB or their management instructed him to such behavior. The question I am not so sure of is whether as a bus driver he is beholden to DMB or the bus company hired by DMB. Maybe the lawsuit should be directed at the bus company. Guess it really depends on how the bus drivers are hired for the tour, by DMB or they come from the bus company. Anyway you slice it, it seems to me a really shitty affair. We must remember this was the action of one man and not the actions of DMB or any of it's members.
SandyCarl Posted - 08/26/2004 : 1:11:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

No one complained when they dropped millions of pieces of crap on the country back in February of 2001.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHA that's the funniest thing I've heard this week!!
LoveToday Posted - 08/26/2004 : 08:55:00 AM
hahaha Everyday did suck didn't it! haha

Anyone seen the bridge???
Arthen Posted - 08/25/2004 : 11:48:32 PM
No one complained when they dropped millions of pieces of crap on the country back in February of 2001.
dan p. Posted - 08/25/2004 : 11:31:33 PM
yay nature. hahahaha. this is about as good as when sammy sosa corked his bat.
Lindalu Posted - 08/25/2004 : 8:52:40 PM
.....Don't Drink The Water.....
Macht Posted - 08/25/2004 : 7:21:18 PM
I would still be honored to be covered by their wastes.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/25/2004 : 5:52:22 PM
DMB Blamed In Chicago Dumping Incident
Posted by Jake Vigliotti 08/24/04 11:00 pm
The Dave Matthews Band isn't off the hook in Chicago after all. The Illinois State Attorney is placing blame on DMB for the tour bus that sprayed human waste on August 9 onto some people, according to CBS 2 Chicago.

The suit charges both the band and the bus driver with violating state water pollution laws, as well as common law public nuisance laws.

DMB has been a strong supporter of enviromental causes, including planting trees to offset emissions (the air kind) from their tour buses. DMB maintains that all tour buses used by the band were parked at the time of the incident.

The Chicago Tribune reports that there is video proof of the DMB bus being the culprit. Thanks to Ants User mikesleone, and Paul, seperately, for the tips!
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/25/2004 : 5:51:22 PM
DMB Didn't Dump On Chicago
Posted by Jake Vigliotti 08/10/04 4:45 pm
Despite an eyewitness, DMB denies any connnection to a bus waste dumping that occured on August 9 in Chicago. The witness identified the black 2003 Monaco Royale Coach by it's Oregon licence plate, which traced back to Jerry Fitzpatrick, a three-year vet of DMB driving, according to the Chicago Tribune. Fitzpatrick had a lid tight alibi. Police inspected the waste tank to find it 'nearly full'. Fitzpatrick was in Chicago dropping Dave off at the airport, but the bus was parked a few blocks away when the dumping occured. The Bus will eventually relieve itself once Fitzpatrick returns to his home in Arkansas. A publicist for the Dave Matthews Band issued a statement on August 9 saying the group's management had "determined that all of the buses on our tour were parked at the time of this incident."
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/25/2004 : 5:31:21 PM
I read somewhere else that they checked DMB's tank soon after that and it was nearly full, so I don't think it was them. I haven't heard anything else as far as this goes.

What do you mean Tim wasn't surprised? Does he think DMB would have done that?

Adam
PJK Posted - 08/25/2004 : 4:51:28 PM
"Under the Bridge and Screaming" Priceless! LOL
Zachmozach Posted - 08/25/2004 : 4:36:12 PM
haha that's great.
therippa Posted - 08/25/2004 : 4:22:15 PM
I was talking to Tim about this in SF. He didn't seem very surprised.

Expect to see clothing soaked with DMB fecal matter on eBay soon.

Someone on another board said "Under the Bridge and Screaming"

Now that's funny!
guitarted Posted - 08/25/2004 : 4:17:03 PM
haha, thats messed up

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000