Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 A question for my message board Friends?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
crash258 Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:03:45 AM
If I get stoned this early, does this mean I have a problem?

A wake and bake if you will.

Not that Im going to change, just wondering if I have a problem?

-Phil
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 11/10/2001 : 07:08:07 AM
You know there is a bar in Santa Fe(coincidentally enuf) called Daves Not Here. I had to get a t-shirt as we had joked for the first 2 or 3 tours that Tim should have tour shirts printed with that on the back or maybe even bumper stickers. I remember the early days of my tenure with TR and that was the big question every nite. "Is Dave gonna show up?" We got so tired of that. Daves Not Here became our catch phrase. Ahhh the good ole daze!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Fluffy Posted - 11/10/2001 : 07:04:49 AM
I was just listening to Daniel Johnston and Eugene Chadbourne b4 I left on tour. Both very minimalist. I am not sure if you saw our list of things you might hear in the TR tour van but Cheech and Chong made the list. I brought 4 CDs of theirs with me on this trek. (knock knock knock) Who is it?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Micheal Posted - 11/09/2001 : 5:41:16 PM
Dave? Daves not here.

Daniel Johnston is pretty minimalist composer. Pretty baked too.

Here's a cool minimalist composition by cheech and chong. I'm sure somebody may have heard it once or twice. I think it was in a movie.
"I smoked a joint dis morning, I smoked a joint dis afternoon, I smoked a joint after I smoked a joint..And I smoked a joint again."

Something like that.

Gotta love the compositional skills of cheech and chong.

Praise Jah!

Evergreen Posted - 11/09/2001 : 12:20:32 PM
I'll be waiting!

Fluffy Posted - 11/09/2001 : 11:55:56 AM
Don't worry, I return the favor silly wabbit!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Evergreen Posted - 11/09/2001 : 11:39:30 AM
Oh woops took me a minute...Trix ARE for Fluffy!

Fluffy Posted - 11/09/2001 : 11:15:49 AM
EVERGREEN, EVERGREEN, EVERGREEN silly wabbit, Trix are for Fluffy!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Fluffy Posted - 11/09/2001 : 11:12:54 AM
I think its the young minds that are gonna corrupt us. They are really out there. Been There, Done That! Although it would take quite a bit to corrupt me at this point in my life. You can never be to corrupt!(Unless you're the government) Maybe just "READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Evergreen Posted - 11/09/2001 : 11:12:07 AM
Ditto!

LizT Posted - 11/09/2001 : 11:07:18 AM
Hey Evergreen, glad you got a good laugh! That is a HARD one or should I say now limp one to explain! LOL! I think Jon Soldo needs to put a parental warning on this site. I don't want to be accused of corrupting any young minds. I hope everyone takes this all in good humor!
Fluffy Posted - 11/09/2001 : 11:03:24 AM
Hey Crash, How about Moondog? Not really considered minimalist but also KK Null from the band ZeniGeva. He has a solo electric guitar album called SonicFuckUSA. It is very minimalist, even thought that is not his back ground. You should also check out John Cage and if you are into electronic Wendy(Walter) Carlos best known for Switched on Bach and the soundtrack to Clockwork Orange.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Evergreen Posted - 11/09/2001 : 11:02:51 AM
Silly Fluffy...trix are for Evergreen!

I have plenty of trix I can teach you!

Fluffy Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:59:08 AM
Old Dog, New Tricks! I can probably learn anything! Yes, ANYTHING?(b4 you ask, "ANYTHING?") I love to perform. Trix that is. Silly rabbit, Trix for Fluffy!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Evergreen Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:50:30 AM
Now that's good, Liz! My supervisor poked her head in my office just now as I was rolling on the floor laughing about this. Whoa! try to explain that one!

Been where, done what? What other tricks do you do?

crash258 Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:47:23 AM
Yeah, good. Cause Im really fucked right now. I love the smokey smoke. Im really talkative right now. Another thing Im just curious as to what kind of backgrounds everyone here is from. Im a opera performance major at FSU. However, I really dont dig the music that much. Im really into minimalist music, (Steve Riech, George Crumb, Feldman, Ligiti) Really mind blowing stuff. I view Tim's "pieces" pieces in a different light than most people I know. I view them more from a compostional angle. For some reason, his music just makes perfect sence in my head. It all comes together, in some of his music people say they think it sounds clutterd. But the smater musicians at FSU, (some composition majors, and some others, myself included) there comes a moment of clarity in Tim's music that is unparelled to anything Ive heard. But most opera performance people are fucking stupid, (but dont tell them I said that). I like all good music.

P.S.- Im sure Ive misspelled some shit, and I dont know if I made any sense to anyone. But there it is...

-Phil
Fluffy Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:44:07 AM
Been There, Done That!(Wooops, bad choice of words, HEHE)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
LizT Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:41:02 AM
Maybe it should be phrased as " big blast of hot tool puke". I know, I'm ready for this one, I have my crash helmet and seatbelt on! I can't take credit for that one, I'm not the mastermind on that quote.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:40:13 AM
I AM CORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me? I need TP for my bunghole... heheheh ehehehe hehehehehe.
-J

Fluffy Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:37:43 AM
Hey asswipe, I caught it first, don't make me hit you!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:34:04 AM
Hehe hehehehehe hehehe hehehehehehehehe hehehe hehe........
hehehehehehhe heheh hheheheheh ehehe heh heheheheh.... "Come"
hehehe hehehehehehehheheh....
-J

Fluffy Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:29:58 AM
HUH HUH, EVERGREEN said come, HUH HUH

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
LizT Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:25:13 AM
Humm, I live on Evergreen Lane! Really, LOL! Liz
Evergreen Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:21:47 AM
AAhh, but that's why I live in VT. "EVERGREEN". There's some damn good greenthumbs around here! Yet ANOTHER reason to come, I mean visit.

Fluffy Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:18:17 AM
No problem unless you run out!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Evergreen Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:14:52 AM
No problem I can see, and if there is then I have one too!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000