Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 BANNED!! TR says we must protest this injustice!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 11/09/2001 : 09:41:57 AM
Hey Everyone, Seems this is not common knowledge, we need to spread the word. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Tim has added "Imagine" to his setlist. Here is the background on that. In the Nov 2001 issue of W magazine there was a Kevin Spacey article for those who want to investigate further. The jist of the story is this. Clear Channel Communications from San Antonio TX owns more than 1200 radio stations nationwide and has come to dominate the airwaves. They have issued to their DJs a list of songs considered "inappropriate in the current climate" This list includes "Imagine" by John Lennon and "Bridge over Troubled Water" by Simon and Garfunkel. We think this is bullshit!! What are they, scared it might incite people to peace? Would that be such a bad thing? I can't believe they have the nerve to do this. Or request to you is that you spread the word about this form of censorship and start a calling campaign to Clear Channel stations all over the country demanding to hear these songs they deem inappropriate. Tim intentionally added the song "Imangine" after hearing this. Apparently it happened after Kevin Spaceys performance of the song on the Tribute to John Lennon that aired on TV last month. TR + I hope you will all stop and think about this, and see what a load of crap it really is. Telling us we shouldn't hear "Imagine". What are they afraid the song might make us start to think about this whole situation a little differently? Maybe we should. In any event, I don't want radio stations deciding what I can and can't hear because they are scared of what an artist chooses to say. "Imagine" is one of the most beautiful and eloquent Lennon songs and I can't imagine(pardon the pun) in this day and age trying to keep it from people in fear that it might make them doubt the decisions their govt is making for them. They really do not give us much credit as the listening public. Everyone I have told this about has been "shocked and stunned"(to quote Spinal Tap). We are amazed how this has gone basically unnoticed by the general public. So we are making it our mission to get the word out about this injustice and to get Clear Channel stations to play what we want to hear, and that includes "IMAGINE". Sorry for our little soapbox, but i really believe that the internet can spread the word the quickest and to the most amount of people. Please take it upon yourself to spread the word and call any Clear Channel stations in your area and request these songs. Over and over, until they play them. Lets show them whos boss! Thanx for all your help. We got alot of great people on this board and you guys really seem like a bunch who would not sit still for this kinda shit. Lets take it to them.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gnome44 Posted - 12/13/2009 : 10:21:41 AM
Keep in mind this thread is 8 years old.
muldercat Posted - 12/12/2009 : 9:29:30 PM
Amazing that they would ban Imagine and Bridge Over Troubled Water??? I'm ASTOUNDED! I can't believe it! I'll check to see if there are any in my area and call and request the songs!!!

How dare them!!
Millissa
albertstrange Posted - 11/25/2009 : 11:33:21 AM
Clear Channel has been doing this kind of crap for a long time, they're power mad is what it is; they think they own the airwaves and have managed to keep their agendas burried for the most part. They honestly think that the public is too stupid to make decisions on their own.

They're also very non-confrontational. Their approach is not to react to protest (and you can't blame them, it's worked for them plenty). After a while people forget and stop carrying about why they were upset with CC in the first place. Unfort. people's personal issues a lot of time take priority and in the face of nothing happening with their protest, they give up.

My hope is that they fail finacially. A good attack approach would be to go after sponsors on CC owned radio stations. These are the people that can cripple a company like that. They are the ones we need to reach and explain this to. If you know a company owner that advertises on CC then talk to them, make them see that they can't just blindly through money at advertising without researching corporate agendas. Advertising on popular stations comes with a price...

Just my 2 cents. Later,
Frank
Fluffy Posted - 11/10/2001 : 06:22:06 AM
Thanx for the research David. All we had to go on was the interview in W magazine. Interesting and scary stuff. Please everyone take the time to check this out and lets make a difference, whoever small. Every great revolution has started with baby steps.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
David Kludt Posted - 11/10/2001 : 01:20:38 AM
kyle Posted - 11/10/2001 : 01:12:41 AM
yeah thats wacked brotha,,,hey i know,,,ill use my video cam and ill document someone kickin there ass,,lol,,,whats up fluff,,wheres my video,,,lol...call me brotha

Erich with an h Posted - 11/09/2001 : 9:05:59 PM
theonion.com had a funny article. they wre saying how at first they took anything off the air that had any referance to terrorism or the towers, and now theyre running franticly to get anything that involves them on the air in a "special episode", hehe.

Tim should play a show where he does every song clearchanel banned.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Dave S Posted - 11/09/2001 : 5:34:43 PM
Posted on nancies.org a short while after the initial terrorist attack was an article about this Clear Channel fiasco. Seems they have banned a few Matthews songs as well, including Crash (not surprisingly heh. But it seems to me like the radio stations aren't looking deep enough, they see one word that might piss someone off and so they ban it from the airwaves. They don't even care what the song is really about. all i can say is...BASTARDS.

Micheal Posted - 11/09/2001 : 5:15:34 PM
Top of the morning to everyone!

I'm not surprised at all by this. My wife heard that the Leader of the New Mexico GREEN PARTY was not allowed to board a plane because he is on the FBI list as a terrorist! I guess being an American is considered a terrorist activity these days.

This is a bullshit war brought to you by THE NEW WORLD ORDER! Just like the gulf war. Just like the last presidential election too. Saddam Hussien and Bin Laden are just doing what they are paid to do, as well as clear channel communications, CNN, ABC etc...

Believe David Icke! Believe Lennon! Believe Terrance McKenna. Believe Mudvayne, Slayer, Disturbed, Slipknot, TOOL, Skinny PUPPY and the rest!

Never EVER forget the AMERICAN POET
"You're all a bunch of slaves!"
"He who controls the media, controls the mind"
J. Morrison

HAVE A NICE DAY

Jason Posted - 11/09/2001 : 12:29:38 PM
I have always been the one deep into conspiracy theories and secret cults and all of that stuff. I am more along the lines of Timmy's way of thinking where the USA is not always the greatest thing in the world (not a direct quote so sorry if I am way off base). I kind of took a break from that with everything going on because regardless of what I think and feel...There is a war being fought on my behalf without me actually having to be there. I am greatful for that. I have heard about this "list" before and I think it is crazy for people to tell us what to listen to. Stuff like this happens all the time...there are always people pushing buttons and pulling the strings... The one question I always have is if we are so great why do so many people dislike us....I am off my soapbox too....

LizT Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:15:28 AM
As I said on another thread, "Fuck em". I hope TR keeps playing Imagine. And I'll keep listening to it! Again, I would love to hear Tim play it! Liz
crash258 Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:05:23 AM
Yep thats horse-shit. If anyone knows of any station in the Tallahssee area, Ill call and raise hell.

-Phil
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/09/2001 : 09:50:39 AM
I'd like to kick that company square in the nutz.
-J

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000