Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Michael Moore Hates America.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TalkingNeurons Posted - 07/01/2004 : 07:24:09 AM
I'm looking forward to this movie.

Check out the trailor at www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Macht Posted - 07/01/2004 : 4:51:41 PM
Dan, you're a poet :P

people are being affected by his movies possibly becuase he can present lightly (entertainment/humor). The serious cases he presents are not taken lightly by the average person. He can put into entertainment/humor and people think he sheds light on it and thusly people follow him.

just my thoughts
dan p. Posted - 07/01/2004 : 4:14:57 PM
what bother's me about michael, besides the hero act, which is my main thing against him, is that supposedly people are forming their politcal views on his work. now, i don't believe all that many people really are affected enough (and affected enough by his work) to be persauded. i'm going to suspend disbelief for a moment here and think that there are people being swayed by him. now, if michael moore's books and movies are entertainment, as zach asserts, then it seems that people's views are being formed, strengthened or altered by something something meant for entertainment, and not to inform and bring truth. and here michael moore is letting these people think it's for information, not enjoyment.

i've heard that moore does books and movies to inform the masses about the truth, and i've heard that he just does it to be entertaining and funny. the very fact that there's confusion says to me that moore isn't being clear enough with his motives. that makes me suspicious.
CPPJames Posted - 07/01/2004 : 4:11:02 PM
People are looking for any excuse to stir up controversy. I personally don't need to see a film in order to define my own viewpoints...but there are a LOT of people that are heavily influenced by the media.

As unfortunate as it is, Moore's film will have a very definite effect. I'm not saying it's unfortunate because I agree or disagree with anything he says. It's unfortunate because people allow themselves to be influenced by others who have an agenda. Why people can't just look at the facts and decide for themselves is beyond me.
Zachmozach Posted - 07/01/2004 : 3:24:54 PM
It seems a little weird that someone would go to such great lengths to discredit a film that is basically satire or humor. Anyone who has read Micheal Moore's stuff or seen his films would have to realize how much of it is just for entertainment or humor. I didn't really like the part where they were talking about editing and how they lied already just because they edited. Maybe they go more in depth as to what was edited but it's not exactly credible to denounce one film for something when every documentary is subject to the same thing. Basically this film to me is doing the same type of thing Micheal Moore does just against Micheal Moore and the type of thing he does. Thus it's like against itself in a way. Still could be some interesting things in it though. I just don't see what the big deal about Micheal Moore is about. He is a satirist who makes films that support his viewpoints. Just the title alone though kinda shows how this film deserves less respect than even Moore's film.
Macht Posted - 07/01/2004 : 1:20:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

The movie does look interesting. I'm sure the film maker uses several of the same techniques Michael Moore does. I wonder if the guy tries to interview Moore and then Moore tells him to go away. That would be very, very ironic.

"I only star in my films, no one elses"
Arthen Posted - 07/01/2004 : 1:04:49 PM
The movie does look interesting. I'm sure the film maker uses several of the same techniques Michael Moore does. I wonder if the guy tries to interview Moore and then Moore tells him to go away. That would be very, very ironic.
Macht Posted - 07/01/2004 : 12:51:37 PM
Looks interesting, I'm going to watch it :P
Saint Jude Posted - 07/01/2004 : 11:49:23 AM
Fleabass and i went to see Michael Moore talk at the U of Minnesota, which some footage is in this flick, cuz this other Micheal was at it too.

Uhhh, thats all. just thought that was neat.
dan p. Posted - 07/01/2004 : 11:00:21 AM
daring but futile.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000