Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 A few questions about Tim's music history

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dalin Posted - 11/08/2001 : 5:00:10 PM
I didn't get into Tim until I heard him playing with Dave a few years ago. I went out and bought Astral Projection and was really disappointed because I was expecting something else. But now I love that disc and listen to ALL the time. So what is the chronlogical order of Tim's music? I mean, is TR3 the same people that play on Astral Projection? Is PuKe Matrix the name of the tour, or the band too? And why doesn't Tim play with a band anymore? I love his hard stuff as well. Is Sanctuary with a band, or is it all Tim? I know I have a lot of questions, but if anyone can explain to me his progression, that would be awesome.
thanks,
Dalin
P.S. What album should I buy next to get more of a taste of his hard rock? I already own See into your soul, Stream, Nomadic wavelength, Astral Projection, Id, and about ten of his live shows. I'll shut up now.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 11/09/2001 : 07:28:57 AM
Thanx Kevin, I couldn't haven't answered it better myself, but it is always better when someone else types it and I don't have to. Thanx for saving me some time and being so accurate. There was not one thing I needed to correct. AWESOME!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Evergreen Posted - 11/09/2001 : 06:48:43 AM
yeah like the man said.....GET Puke Matrix Live......You won't be disappointed!

Xar666 Posted - 11/09/2001 : 12:59:16 AM
I spoke with Tim on Saturday at the Dallas show and asked him if he would tour with TR3 again. He said he did not see it in the near future but that he does want to do something different. He misses the electric. You can tell by the recent shows of this tour he wants to rock out. Fluffy said they bought him the drum machine he is using because he gets bored playing the same songs every night and likes to have different things to experiment with.

-Xar666

We're going to Vegas to croak a scag baron named Savage Henry. I've known him for years but he ripped us off. And you know what that means...
dirtysloth Posted - 11/08/2001 : 9:39:18 PM
Houston and Johnny haven't been the only people Tim has used. Light Up Ahead(1995) was recorded with drummer Robert Jospe, bass player Pet Katz, and Charles Kilpatrick on the keys.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Dalin Posted - 11/08/2001 : 5:56:42 PM
Wow. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks man. The reason I asked why he still doesn't tour with the band is because I thought Astral Projection was recorded in '98, a few years after Tim moved to New Mexico; therefore, I didn't really consider logistics to be a problem.
So to get things straight, anytime Tim has played with a band of his own since the late '80's, it has been with Houston and Johnny, but they have just gone under different names?
Thanks for all the help,
Dalin

KevinLesko Posted - 11/08/2001 : 5:42:56 PM
Ok, lot's of question there so let's just go in order...

TR3 started out in the late 80's as a Progressive Rock band (with Houston Ross on Bass and Johnny Gilmore on drums, this is the same lineup as Astral Projection) In the early 90's (and I'm not sure why) the line up changed, and they played more jazz/world music. These sounds can be heard on the Shifting Current disc, and the different line-up is noticable on Light up Ahead. After that, in the mid to late 90's it went back to Tim, Houston and Johnny and this is when they really started rocking out, playing straight out HARD ROCK!

Houston, Johnny, and Tim play on both Astral Projection (studio) and Puke Matrix Tour (live). The name Puke Matrix was a sort of Joke that they had going, I heard that they changed the name of their band each night, and eventually puke matrix stuck, so for a while it was the name of the band, and also the name of the 98 tour.

As for why Tim doesn't play with the band anymore, there are a few reasons, one.. Tim lives in New Mexico now, while Houston and Johnny are back in C'ville. Also, the electric tours were very expensive and not enough people were digging the music, so there wasn't a profit being made. I for one, think that the views of Tim's electric work are chaning though (especially with this curent tour), people are really into it now, so I hope that TR3 does another tour soon!!!!!!

Sanctuary is all Tim, but disc one is very hard rock! Tim plays drums bass and guitar so it sounds like a full band.

As for your next disc, if you are looking for hard... for god sakes man, go buy Puke Matrix Live!!! DO IT NOW

I think that should answer everything, but feel free to add on.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000