Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 this is dick mountjoy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dick mountjoy Posted - 11/04/2001 : 10:25:10 PM
hey everybody. after reading this message board for a year or so i decided to register my lazy ass. tim is an unbelievable musician and i was lucky enough to see him at platteville with greg howard. they both just blew me away. anyway, just wanted to say wassup to all you tim-heads out there. anybody have a clue how i can get me a copy of tr3's shifting currents?

31   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dirtysloth Posted - 11/09/2001 : 3:33:00 PM
One more time to kill the pain...

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Xar666 Posted - 11/09/2001 : 01:25:20 AM
oh jesus
dirtysloth Posted - 11/08/2001 : 5:18:33 PM
Yeah, I agree completely. But the question is, where do you draw the line? For example, when we nuked Japan, was that the right thing to do? Maybe it saved more lives in the long run, and our lives might be better today because of it, but tell that to all the innocent people who died and their families. There are valid arguements for both sides and it's hard to side 100% with either viewpoint. That's where I am in what's going on today. I agree we need to do something(really that we should have done more about it before now), but just how far do we go?

Peace,
Patrick

Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/08/2001 : 12:42:10 PM
I have to say I don't necessarily agree with the way in which our government is going about this whole situation, but I do undertand it. You have to figure that they look at it in a very scientific way. It's like the predictive "games" that economists use to figure out the best plan of action.

Our government sees a problem- terrorists have been lashing out against the US more and more frequently as of recent, September 11 was the straw that broke the camel's back. It can be very easily seen that if the US did not take any action that there would still be more terrorist attacks on the homeland and abroad. To say that this was the last act of terrorism that we would ever have seen is foolish, in my opinion. People are now worried about the use of bioterrorism and the possibility of nuclear terrorism, but there was no guarantee that those would not have happened had the US laid dormant through this whole situation. So given that there would be attacks whether the US declares war on terrorism or not, the US tactically has nothing to lose by attacking terrorists, but they have the eventual stop of terrorism to gain. So what I'm getting at is that either course of action (no action vs. war) results in attacks on the US, so it is without a doubt in the US's best interest to try and put a stop this. They are essentially trying to make the consequences for terrorism so horrible that in the future no country will even THINK about harboring or sponsoring terrorism. Again I don't necessarily agree with this whole thing, but I'm not sure that even I can think of a different solution. It pains me to say that because I am a bit of a pacifist. The best way I can think of to explain the whole thing, would be if you walked up to a peace rally and just randomly punched someone in the face, they might get up and ask you why you did it. Then you do it again. They get up again and ask you politely to stop. Then you do it again. They just keep asking you politely to stop but you keep doing it over, and over, and over again. Then you punch them harder than before, and kick them in the nuts while they're down. Eventually they are going to get up and hit you back... if for no other reason than to put a stop to it. You may say that them hitting you back is no better than you hitting them in the first place, but it's for a far different reason. God knows I wish that there were a better way, but we all know that talking this through would not solve the problem. One of the main dangers behind terrorism is that it is non-negotiable. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
-J

By the way Patrick... ebay did cancel every last one of those auctions. Anything involving the WTC was removed immediately. I am glad to see that they didn't allow business to interfere with doing what is right.

Saint Jude Posted - 11/08/2001 : 12:02:19 PM
Thats ok sloth, like u said "but when ya got an opinion you might as well share it, right? That's what the board's for." So, its kewl. Hopefully we will get some other people opinions aboot this subject as well. I know fluff will toss in his 2 cents, i wonder how many other people will.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
dirtysloth Posted - 11/08/2001 : 07:59:48 AM
Heheh, sorry dick. Maybe I shoulda posted this somewhere else- didn't mean to take your welcome thread and take it here.

Peace,
Patrick

dirtysloth Posted - 11/08/2001 : 07:57:01 AM
Yeah, I agree Saint. All those commercials are enough to make me sick to my stomach, or what's worse might be the people who hand over their money to those greedy bastards. I'm an eBay junkie, and on the day of the attack some sick f*ck had a piece of rubble from the wtc up for sale. I spent an hour or so looking for pages like that and reporting them to eBay. But it isn't the system(not just eBay, but our whole economy) I have a problem with when it comes to stuff like that, it's the people who pull crap like that.

Peace,
Patrick

Saint Jude Posted - 11/08/2001 : 12:44:02 AM
Yeah... well i hope u will get arrested... then i can take your 12 string gitar.

But yeah i agree with yall aboot that. I got to stop talking like a canadian. I saw an infomercial that totaly sums up how farked up our country is... it was an infomercial for ... AMERICAN FLAGS! AMERICAN FLAGS! A FREAKING HALF HOUR INFOMERCIAL FOR AMERICAN FLAGS. YES IF YOU BUY THIS FLAG YOU WILL SAVE THE WORLD AND RID IT OF TERRORISTS. AND IF YOU CALL WITHIN ONE HOUR YOU WILL GET THIS GREAT FLAG HOLDER FOR FREE! And then they proceded to show us how to use this wonderfull flag holder... you could attach it to your car (illegal by the way) hang it off a FUCKING FLOWER POT!!! AND MUCH MUCH MORE!

WHAT THE HELL!?!?! That just shows how gready the people of this country are... and why others hate our culture so much. I mean... i see all these demonstrations going on, and the cops just beat the living hell out of them... and yet they (the peacefull protesters) are seen as the evil dooers. These are the people of the U.S. and this is suposed to be a country 'for the people, by the people' ... but now it has turned into a country 'for the rich, by the rich'

God i am soo damn angry now... i gotta hit something or maybe buy a flag... yeah a flag will make everything alllll better.

dick mountjoy Posted - 11/07/2001 : 10:48:19 PM
good post sloth. patriotism is good and all but if people are just agreeing with everything bush and his cabinet decide on simply because it would be unpatriotic to question them, that's plain ridiculous. the fact is that our government, although it is a 'democracy' of some sort, rarely has elected officials that are competent enough to make any real progress with our nation. the last election was a wonderful event in my eyes because it showed exactly how f'd up our government really is. its all a big joke. not to disrespect the president of the united states, but george bush is not a bright man. you would think the citizens of the united states would have the opportunity to elect a competent leader as president but instead we choose between a robot and a moron...so sad, but the reason our country is so great is because i can say our president is a moron and i'm not getting locked up.

dirtysloth Posted - 11/07/2001 : 10:26:16 PM
That's a nice quote you got there Saint Jude. Don't get me wrong guys, I don't think there is any other country on this planet that I'd rather call my home, but you can't just believe in the greatness of this nation without questioning it first, and this country, as great as it is, is far from perfect, just look at what's going on now and ask yourself if you believe wholeheartedly that we're handling this the right way...

People seem to think that if everyone slaps a "God Bless America" sticker on their bumper that it makes everything ok, that we're all of a sudden united and that's a great thing... people in this country still have their differences just as much as ever and if we're united in anything, it's fear... what's so great about that? There's nothing wrong with being proud of where you're from, but I hope people don't show their patriotism by blindly following our government. That's where the trouble starts.

Hmmm, I don't mean to bring anyone down with my ramblings, and feel free to disagree, but when ya got an opinion you might as well share it, right? That's what the board's for.

Peace,
Patrick

Saint Jude Posted - 11/07/2001 : 9:57:40 PM
Holy crap... everyone say hello to my elder brother... Dick Mountjoy... I didnt realize it was him at first... actually he had to tell me... well screw you guys... you didnt notice either... aww nuts..

Now everyone give him a eamn good toung lashing.

Saint Jude Posted - 11/07/2001 : 8:54:35 PM
We also have cranberries, jello, and the electric guitar... thank god (if there is one) for Les Paul.

dick mountjoy Posted - 11/07/2001 : 6:16:42 PM
whoa there chil'ren...you guys are just crazy. dick mountjoy leaves for two days and is welcomed back by this lovely discussion. anyway, my high intake of our lovely wisconsin beer and cheese make for a large, robust dick, if i may say so myself.

Isaac Posted - 11/07/2001 : 2:15:00 PM
Don't you mean my 5 year old sister Silky? I thought we were pedophiles not necrophiles, your confusing me.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Saint Jude Posted - 11/07/2001 : 2:00:55 PM
Aint it funny that mr. joy has yet to respond to this. I think it is funny... well screw you guys... im going home.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/07/2001 : 1:21:11 PM
quote:
Ya know thats funny, ya see Silky's girlfriend keeps telling me the SAME THING! hehe

She told you that? Cool... I always find it nice when a son and mother stay so close... ;)

-J

Isaac Posted - 11/07/2001 : 09:08:29 AM
Even cheese dick's mount joyously!

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Fluffy Posted - 11/07/2001 : 05:11:14 AM
Wisconsin, Isn't that the cheese state? Wouldn't that make him cheese-dick? Sorry! with all the jokes going on I just had to chime in. Don't take it personally. We all like to take the piss out of each other around here. Hopefully everyone has a sense of humor. That way no one gets hurt.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Isaac Posted - 11/06/2001 : 3:30:41 PM
Ya know thats funny, ya see Silky's girlfriend keeps telling me the SAME THING! hehe

Daaaaamn i'm on a roll!

Isaac

LizT Posted - 11/06/2001 : 2:27:07 PM
I feel the need to explain myself here. The first line was just a play with words,that was a sitting duck! But the rubbing thing, you're way off. I meant it as an influence thing. You guys are brutal! LOL!!! Liz
Isaac Posted - 11/06/2001 : 11:46:58 AM
Unintentionally? riight, you really got yourself fooled ;-) We all know what your intentions were hehe.

Isaac

LizT Posted - 11/06/2001 : 09:48:33 AM
I guess I unintentionally set myself up for that remark! LOL! Liz
Isaac Posted - 11/06/2001 : 09:16:33 AM
Corrupting sweet innocent young girls is what we do best over here at the Tim Reynolds message board hehe.

Isaac

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/05/2001 : 8:05:25 PM
rubbing off over you, more likely.

Ha

Peace

-Jason-

'F*** that, man, I don't play songs. I jam.'
LizT Posted - 11/05/2001 : 4:42:24 PM
Welcome dick mountjoy, or is it joy mountdick? Hee hee, sorry I couldn't help myself. You guys are crazy! I think it's rubbing off on me. Good day to you! Liz
Isaac Posted - 11/05/2001 : 3:25:01 PM
Hmmm maybe we shouldn't refer the the newbies as Silly lil' bitches as they have not yet built up the callus to verbal abuse that we all have.... NAAAHHHHH

Isaac

ujohnb01 Posted - 11/05/2001 : 12:57:23 PM
Welcome you silly lil' bitch! I hope all is well!
Regards,
BJ

On the 1st day God created Tim.
Saint Jude Posted - 11/05/2001 : 11:40:17 AM
Welcome dick... another addition from wisconsin to the board. Once again "Behold the power of cheese"

This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to - TOOL
Fluffy Posted - 11/05/2001 : 08:42:58 AM
Welcome aboard, Dick MountJoy On the last tour we drove thru a town called Mount Joy, I don't remember what state, boy did we have a great laugh.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/04/2001 : 11:39:14 PM
Welcome foolio.
-J

KevinLesko Posted - 11/04/2001 : 10:45:48 PM
Hey there, nice name... it's from the Texas video on the ftp right? I think Tim called Sister "dick mount-joy"

Anyways, I have a copy of Shifting Currents that Tim burned for me a few years back. I could burn you a copy if you want. Send me an email: klesko@uci.edu

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000