Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Halloween in Chicago!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 11/03/2001 : 07:53:24 AM
Well everyone, Halloween was awesome! We had a great show at Loyola even though they cut the set short. Just meant we got out of there earlier so we could enjoy halloween. Justin showed up with a kewl gift of a T-shirt for TR, there will be pics eventually. It was awesome we all got a good laugh out of it. There is another thread all about that. After the show, Tim hung at the hotel and watched Planet of the Apes, Rew and I were joined by my roommate Ed from DC, who used to live in Chicago. He took us out to the Metro to see Spiritualized. It was awesome. The show that is. The club was hot and crowded. Still was fun. The next day we got up and hit a few of our fave haunts in Chicago. First Starbucks(of course), then off to the surplus store to look for some night-vision goggles so Tim could watch the alien spacecraft flying over his house better, and then to Rews fave place, Metal Haven. We all ended up buying more CDs than we could carry. I got(listed in no particular order):
Orange Goblin "The Big Black" (ONE OF MY FAVES)
Brujeria "Raza Odiada"
Disturbed "The Sickness"
3 different Machineheads
"Burn My Eyes"
"The Burning Red"
"The More Things Change" which Tim and Rew told me was both of their fave Machinehead albums. I still think my fave is "The Burning Red", it has the heaviest groove.
Last but not least the import version of Opeth "My Arms Your Hearse" which has 2 bonus cuts on it, a Celtic Frost cover and an Iron Maiden cover. Awesome album even without the bonus cuts
Rew bought:
Sabbat "Dreamweaver"
Pissing Razors "Where We Come From"
Malevolent Creation "Stillborn" + "Retribution"
Warhorse "As Heaven Turns To Ash"
Voivod "Angel Rat"
Sunn (which I am really excited to hear)
Destruction "The Antichrist"
Brujeria "Machetazos The Singles" with the most awesome bastardization of the Macarena called Marijuana
TR's( I must do from memory as he is not here at the moment)
He bought a couple of Godflesh CDs and a DVD
Opeth the new one and another one by them
Corrosion of Conformity LIVE
Monster Magnet
Meeshugga(sp)
and a couple of others I can't remember.
Needless to say you can imagine the METAL ruckus in the van as we drove to Fayetteville AR listening to all our new CDs. Again it was treacherous going in massive downpoars but the lightning was awesome. We arrived at like 7 in the morning, went to bed and got up that afternoon and had a show at the Univ of Arkansas.(for those of you who think life on the road is so glamourous, but it is alot of fun despite those kinds of things) It was a great room and Greg was back with us. I think Tim did a cover of IMAGINE. Unfortunately noone was recording. Hopefully he will play it again. He is really bummed about the ban put on this song right now. He thinks that is some real BS. So he is playing it despite the ban,in fact that encouraged it. Then it was back to the hotel and we were lucky enuf to get back in time to catch reverb with Mudvayne and Disturbed. It was really kewl. I must go to bed as we have a long drive to Dallas. Luckily it is a late load in because it is Saturday(I think) and with any luck I will get to see my parents while in TX. Remember IMAGINE PEACE!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LizT Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:18:10 AM
Thanks Fluffy, I'll be looking forward to it!
Fluffy Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:11:35 AM
Hopefully one of the shows he has played it at got recorded. I will be sure to pass it along. It is quite beautiful even without the lyrics. Tim gives it a beautiful delivery. It is even more powerful when you know the background of why he is playing it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
LizT Posted - 11/09/2001 : 10:07:19 AM
Fuck Em !!! John Lennon is one of the worlds greatest music legends! I cried the day he died. I would love to hear TR play Imagine. Liz
Fluffy Posted - 11/09/2001 : 09:59:34 AM
Seems quite appropriate in light of Post titled BANNED.....

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=501

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Fluffy Posted - 11/09/2001 : 09:58:22 AM
May I restate, "IMAGINE" PEACE!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000