Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 I need an oppinion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
thomasode Posted - 10/18/2003 : 10:30:50 AM
ok heres this guys email to me.

quote:
what are you looking for? High-energy shows? Jams? Every Dark Star from 1972? Mega-long Lovelights? A hot Sailor>Saint to prove it actually could be a good song pair? [that would be 10-10-82 Frost]. Later songs not yet issued? Beatle covers? Brent songs? acoustic sets?

As you see, it is a grazing ground not so easily reduced to a lawn; the most popular shows are not necessarily 'best', or even most representative, because popularity often stems from simple availability. Before CDRs made trading much easier, the most popular shows was 5-8-77, as it was a good show available in good quality. More lately, it's been 8-27-72 Veneta, which is available in at least three different mixes. The old favorite for Dark Stars was 2-13-70 [now on DP4]; easy accessibility has diminished its status, and now some opt for 9-21-72 Philly Spectrum -- or 5-11-72 Rotterdam (certainly the longest!) -- or 11-13-72 (Latvala's favorite). But 9-21 is a bit hissy, 5-11-72 is almost monophonic, and 11-13-72 is a little rough in sound quality. So you see, it's not so easy to make recommendations :-)

If you like, you can contact me by phone (*********) 9a - 9p Pacific time -- it's always a bit easier to negotiate in real-time conversation, and we can hash out the ins & outs of your request[s]. OR we can continue discussing by email. OR you can just plunk a spindle of 50 CDRs my way with stamps for return postage, and I'll just fill them up with the more commonly desired shows. It wasn't all that long ago that I was in exactly your position, and it took me a while to come to grips with the trading community and how it worked. I should warn you that trading shows is a habit easily acquired and not easy to quit -- three years ago I had only one show not released as DP/etc, now I must have over 200 -- and i'm not even a major trader. Like all addictions, I think I can quit any time ;-) So the time for you to build or buy a new CD rack is closer than you think!

Regards,

Joe

Heres the thing that gets me
quote:
OR you can just plunk a spindle of 50 CDRs my way with stamps for return postage, and I'll just fill them up with the more commonly desired shows.

now heres my question, Is this guy just being really nice by doing a fuckin 50 CD B&P for me, or do you think he's scamming me?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thomasode Posted - 10/20/2003 : 2:19:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Erich

my thoughts: get his phone number out of the post, its private.

oops! just copied and pasted
thanks Erich

BTW I sent out the CD's today
I think this guy sounds lagit
victorwootenfan Posted - 10/19/2003 : 01:23:11 AM
that seems like a lot of cds...i dunno, i would do it if you've already traded with him some, but to just hand em 50 cds, that seems like a hella lot.
dan p. Posted - 10/19/2003 : 12:18:38 AM
too late. the damage is done.
Erich Posted - 10/18/2003 : 9:37:10 PM
my thoughts: get his phone number out of the post, its private.
dan p. Posted - 10/18/2003 : 7:47:09 PM
i don't trust him. find his home, destroy it and him, and take the shows from the burning wreckage that once was this liars life.
thomasode Posted - 10/18/2003 : 11:07:31 AM
True, and he seemed to know what he was talking about
seemed like a good guy
genome Posted - 10/18/2003 : 10:56:45 AM
50 cds is nothing, 20 bucks drop shipped to him mail him the stamps and you're only out $32 if he sticks you

can you spare $32? if so, go for it. he's probably not going to screw you.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000