Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Dave

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
janetpapoose Posted - 10/01/2003 : 9:24:49 PM
He is at his best when he is with you. You were at the grog shop in cleveland and I wanted to be there but couldn't. Just listened to disc 2 of devil speak. It's better than anything he does with the DMB even though I like them but I think he is the driving force behind them.
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
{=HTG=} Posted - 10/14/2003 : 4:05:26 PM
I agree, the band was amazing that night. Stefan was turned up nice and loud, you could hear him clearly through everything. Though I have the whole video in RP (real player) format. Its from the actual webcast that somone recorded. If your intrested, or anyone for that matter, let me know and i'll send the file your way.
victorwootenfan Posted - 10/14/2003 : 10:21:17 AM
man, i didn't enjoy it...i thought that was the only part lacking from the show..

But man, they sounded great that nite as a band, i was relaly happy with hearing the central park show!
{=HTG=} Posted - 10/14/2003 : 07:28:36 AM
quote:
i heard the central park performance, and he sucked balls on several solos).

No way! That was probably Boyd's best performance. He was on fire that night.
victorwootenfan Posted - 10/13/2003 : 07:37:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by JoeGamo05

man boyd 5th?? thats a lil beat

and by lil beat, you mean what?

Personally i don't think boyd adds anything to any of the newer dmb material at all. Its almost as if the producers just ignore him and so he'll just drone some strings or pluck something inaudible, or take a horrifically out of tune(i heard the central park performance, and he sucked balls on several solos).
Arthen Posted - 10/12/2003 : 7:59:54 PM
Don't worry, a Flaming Moe will cheer him up!

JoeGamo05 Posted - 10/12/2003 : 5:44:18 PM
man boyd 5th?? thats a lil beat
victorwootenfan Posted - 10/08/2003 : 12:39:17 AM
hmmm..

1. carter
2. leroi
3. dave matthews
4. stefan
5. boyd

i personally think the rest of the band should pursue solo projects, especially leroi and carter.
GRock Posted - 10/07/2003 : 3:28:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

1. Carter
2. Boyd
3. Leroi

Dave and Stefan are tired for fourth.

That's how I'd rank em.

no way.
1. Carter
2. Stefan
3. Boyd and Leroi
5th Dave.

stefan and carter are by far the best in the band. they know how to hold it down and while he is no vic wooten the man is skilled. just listen for the bass in some songs and it's all over.

but i don't know a man alive that wouldn't give first place to Carter.
Arthen Posted - 10/05/2003 : 5:34:48 PM
Maybe...Hmmmm...
LoveToday Posted - 10/05/2003 : 3:42:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pants_happy

maybe he already has...

Arthen Posted - 10/04/2003 : 3:29:48 PM
1. Carter
2. Boyd
3. Leroi

Dave and Stefan are tired for fourth.

That's how I'd rank em.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 10/04/2003 : 12:54:14 PM
Not to take anything away from his obvious talent as a guitar player, but he does seem to be the least talented one in the band as far as instrumentation goes. And when the "lovely ladies" are onstage singing with the band, Dave is easily the worst singer onstage as well.

And as far as the "lovely ladies" go, they are great singers, but their sound does not really jive with the DMB sound.

Adam
pants_happy Posted - 10/03/2003 : 11:41:35 AM
maybe he already has...
LoveToday Posted - 10/03/2003 : 08:16:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

janetpapoose wrote:
quote:
He is at his best when he is with you. You were at the grog shop in cleveland and I wanted to be there but couldn't. Just listened to disc 2 of devil speak. It's better than anything he does with the DMB even though I like them but I think he is the driving force behind them.
Sounds like she is talking directly to TR to me, of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I think you may be right Fluffy. Think he'll reply?? lol
prsmartin Posted - 10/02/2003 : 11:08:44 PM
wuh??? huh??? ehhh???

'nuff said

captain_napkins Posted - 10/02/2003 : 10:11:21 PM
I think she was probably talking to me. Thanks, by the way!

STK
Fluffy Posted - 10/02/2003 : 7:56:57 PM
janetpapoose wrote:
quote:
Sounds like she is talking directly to TR to me, of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
GRock Posted - 10/02/2003 : 2:59:18 PM
i honestly think dave is the worst player in DMB. not that he is bad but the rest of the band is just awesome. dave makes up for it when he comes up with such great songs and structures. but really i think he would have fallen by the wayside and no one would have ever known how great he is if it wasn't for such a good band (and tim) backing him.
jsoldo Posted - 10/02/2003 : 1:31:17 PM
I think Tim should play guitar if he wants to. Thats the tops!
Arthen Posted - 10/02/2003 : 12:10:45 PM
I don't understand either. Where is that coming from and why?

Ooh.
victorwootenfan Posted - 10/02/2003 : 08:45:21 AM
is she talking about tim, or is she addressing anyone in spefics..i don't understand, but it's random.
Miss Sorrel Posted - 10/02/2003 : 08:09:40 AM
Well said Erich.
Erich Posted - 10/02/2003 : 04:13:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by janetpapoose

... huh?
dan p. Posted - 10/01/2003 : 11:47:56 PM
i disagree. i think dave matthews is as good as the musicians he plays with. he can hang with pretty much anyone well enough, but he just can't seem to hold his own as well.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000